PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 03:15 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Anybody wanna see the image burnt in my screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
since i cant change the much with the dock mode software, im going to set it to stay on while charging and leave it on the screen test all white screen. i fell like im killing its already small amount of life hours!
look! its a pixel burning out!
lol...I feel hated

But on another note some may be interested in that hack which allows us to control minimum brightness..from what I hear right now we are at 25 brightness..and with a hack you will be able to set it to 0 while in dock mode and maybe prevent as rapidly this from happening while still using dock mode...from what was said 0 brightness on Epic = 30 brightness on EVO I think...also some kernal will pre-build this hack in from what I hear

Edit: If you want to get it replaced go, I'm not stopping you..I'm pretty sure the average sprint employee cant tell the difference between that and burn-in either lol..I mean its sprint reps after all >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-15-2010 at 03:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i love all my epic friends.

im just smiley happy this morning!

Old 10-16-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Shouldn't be an issue..in your case the whole screen is working so the colors are used up evenly...in his case he has black everywhere which is not using up color while those paces are..if he were to say change that background to some colorful image for example..it wont happen.

The only thing that may start seeing difference is the notification bar at best.
thanks for the heads up and explaining how all this samoled works, I for one will be alittle more carefull on how I leave images for extended period of time.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 10-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Threadstarter

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

my fav sprint store hooked me up. the tech wanted to replace the screen with one off a diff. phone they had taken in lately for some other issues. i just let them know how dissapointing that was and that i would just keep my phone as is. it wasnt a big enough deal to accept someone elses junk. i was about to elave when they whipped out a BNIB epic.
im glad, because this one seems to be better build quality than the old one. besides this issue, it did have slightly unresponsive buttons and a good bit of wiggle on the keyboard. this one seems tight for now and for real i didnt even notice that my old phones buttons wernt that good till i used a better one.
200 percent better.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never let any of my phones on the whole day. I think all lcd screen types burn on if you leave them on forever.Even with my crippled htc phones, I never let them on all day just for thee reason of burn ins.Thxs for the heads up thou. Now I will make 100% sure I have my epic on auto off earlier. Epics amazing screen is too pretty to return. I cant go back to regular lcd. Side by side my old Evo screen looks so bad and washef out next to my epic.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For those with TEP, don't worry.just have it replaced every year at the store for free.That's what insurance is for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Just wondering...
Is there an app like Dockware that would handle this. Keeps switching pics on the screen when you're docked. I had it on my Apache but I just checked Illium Software and don't see it offered for Androids.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Robperri is a n00b

I have the dock and installed the Desk Home app for it. At night when I attach my phone it automatically activates the Desk Home software. If you dont touch the power button it will stay on all night. I just push the power button on the phone and toggle it on and off during the night to see the time. Why would you want that light blaring at you when you're sleeping?
You can also uninstall the Desk Home app and view your regular home screen in landscape which will automatically turn off because the Desk Home software has the always on feature built into the software (unless you toggle the power button).
Old 10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Robperri is a n00b

**Deleted double post**

Last edited by Robperri; 10-19-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robperri
**Deleted double post**
Unfortunatly for me, my desk isn't in my bedroom where the light can glare at me all night. My desk is in my office, where my phone sleeps is right next to 3 monitors that run all night. If you look in my pics in my second post, it is sitting on a desk, not a dresser.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G