PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 01:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Wifi Tether in Infrastructure (Access Point) on Samsung Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggz View Post
Well I'm down to the last step which is flashing the app, but the download link: signed-FINAL-mobileap.epic-SPH-D700USDI07.zip is not workig! grrrr! Does anyone have this file they can share someplace other than MediaFire?
i can but whats the issue? wont dl period? i just dl'd it a day ago. use firefox, it works fine. just tried it.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jdoggz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Also I would suggest using Titanium to backup Sprint Hotspot then use Titanium to uninstall Sprint Hotspot from the system.

Anyways attaching it..
Thanks!!!!!!! Okay, well I'm not sure exactly what Titanium is, but I'm about to search for it...if you can't tell, I'm a noob to Android...I'm a recovering PPC/WM addict! LOL....thanks again!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Thank!!!!!!! Okay, well I'm not sure exactly what Titanium is, but I'm about to search for it...if you can't tell, I'm a noob to Android...I'm a recovering PPC/WM addict! LOL....thanks again!
You can find it in the market place, Titanium Backup...it is one of the better tools for backing up, restoring and removing applications with root.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Thanks!!!!!!! Okay, well I'm not sure exactly what Titanium is, but I'm about to search for it...if you can't tell, I'm a noob to Android...I'm a recovering PPC/WM addict! LOL....thanks again!
i edited my post, use firefox to dl, link is fine.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdoggz is a n00b

Thanks darren, I was using Firefox...not sure what the prob was, but I downloaded from the attachment that gTen gave.

So let me understand this correctly, I copy the file: signed-FINAL-mobileap.epic-SPH-D700USDI07.zip to my SD card and flash it with Clockwork just as I would a ROM?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Thanks darren, I was using Firefox...not sure what the prob was, but I downloaded from the attachment that gTen gave.

So let me understand this correctly, I copy the file: signed-FINAL-mobileap.epic-SPH-D700USDI07.zip to my SD card and flash it with Clockwork just as I would a ROM?
yes sir, thats it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

There is an option to flash custom zip file, you select hat option, then it will ask you update.zip or choose zip from sd card..you pick zip from sd card, then pick the zip file and it will give ya a bunch of No's and 1 Yes...you click on the yes and you should be flashed in a jiffy.

But as I aid before I suggest removing "Sprint Hotspot" via titanium before proceeding..some people claimed that it helps and I did it when installing it myself with no hassle.

Also make sure you have a backup of your current rom in clockwork.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdoggz is a n00b

Well, I got it installed, but it's force closing...so now I begin the journey to sift through the posts to resolve...nothing in life comes easy! LOL
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Well, I got it installed, but it's force closing...so now I begin the journey to sift through the posts to resolve...nothing in life comes easy! LOL
lol, same issue i have but im on dg17 so my issue will be fixed when i goto sprint to update since my epic wont update(ota) on its own.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Did you do the removing with Titanium as instructed?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G