PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz
Re: MR2 D107 System Update released today

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
This update is being pushed to my phone as we speak and I see no mention of it on here yet. It includes media hub and other fixes. The big question is will it cause the loss of root?
i got some type of update around 2pm today..dont know what it is or what the update did...
Old 09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Im going to back everything up, back up my apps, and then reflash the phone.
The only reason to root is so I don't have to stare at NFL and NASCAR; 2 things I loathe.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

I like the idea of the media hub working now...just wish the DLNA dongle was out already and cheaper than it will be. Well time to get my kernel back to stock so I can try out this update already. I need to search around more but I have not found any custom recovery so I can just flash without the PC.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I like the idea of the media hub working now...just wish the DLNA dongle was out already and cheaper than it will be. Well time to get my kernel back to stock so I can try out this update already. I need to search around more but I have not found any custom recovery so I can just flash without the PC.
Did you check the upgrades section?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work
Re: 2.1 update 2 (sept 16, 2010)

I got the stock apps if you need them...Let me know and I can send you the apk's.
It's actually easier to flash to stock using Odin...I thought it would be weird but it isn't and it's pretty easy. I'd say flash to stock and then add the update and then you can re-root and remove bloatware since you have to unroot to update anyway.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:07 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 2.1 update 2 (sept 16, 2010)

That's exactly what I ended up doing. I flashed back to stock with Odin, updated and then spent the next 6 hours putting everything back the way I wanted it. Why? Well, because thought I had run Backup TouchWiz (which I found on XDA here: [APP] BackupTouchWiz - xda-developers ) but apparently it didn't actually work. After re-rooting and reinstalling all the apps - which BTW was a breeze with Titanium Backup - I ran the "Restore" function of Backup TouchWiz and nothing happened. That's when I checked the actual backup files that it made and saw they were each 0 Kb in size.

No big deal though...phone is back up and all is well.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah, custom recovery is out....^^^^what he said.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

I see clockwork has been out but also saw mention of another in a post with no link. Which clockwork are you using and is that the only custom recovery?

Been too busy to keep up on the forums as of late so been playing catch up when I can. I like to be sure of my plan of attack each time I mess with my phone. Odin was a new one for me get back stock kernel so the update would verify. Luckily I used the stock app remover apk to remove some of the sprint stuff. Made it really easy to restore my unwanted stock apps.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I see clockwork has been out but also saw mention of another in a post with no link. Which clockwork are you using and is that the only custom recovery?

Been too busy to keep up on the forums as of late so been playing catch up when I can. I like to be sure of my plan of attack each time I mess with my phone. Odin was a new one for me get back stock kernel so the update would verify. Luckily I used the stock app remover apk to remove some of the sprint stuff. Made it really easy to restore my unwanted stock apps.
yes clockwork is the custom recovery...You can get latest version either in the WIKI or the upgrades section.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

the clockwork recovery is still a work in progress but it's easy enough. Not that Odin is hard or anything but it's still easier then Odin so it should be fairly easy for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G