PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic
Carrier: sprint

fa5spoon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Why is it when i want to restore a certain ROM it says "MD5 mismatch!"
Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa5spoon View Post
Why is it when i want to restore a certain ROM it says "MD5 mismatch!"
The first thing I would check is did you rename the backup? If you did there cannot be spaces in the name.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

im also getting a lot of force close errors for random things, what can i do to fix this? thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 AM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

so i tried to unroot my phone back to stock, and using odin the operation failed, and i took the battery out and put it back in now i can turn the phone or anything, is there anything else i can do?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:08 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
so i tried to unroot my phone back to stock, and using odin the operation failed, and i took the battery out and put it back in now i can turn the phone or anything, is there anything else i can do?
ok lets start from the beginning:

1) what are you trying to do?

2) what is the current condition your phone is in?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

i was trying to unroot my phone and put it back to stock. so i ran odin and the correct pit. files and tar. file but it kept saying fail. and to redo and try again i removed the battery and now it wont go back to download mode or do anything.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:44 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
i was trying to unroot my phone and put it back to stock. so i ran odin and the correct pit. files and tar. file but it kept saying fail. and to redo and try again i removed the battery and now it wont go back to download mode or do anything.
did you md5 checksum the files before flashing them? also did the box on top glow a different color when you did the flashing?

also what version of odin did you use?

and lastly, if you unplug from usb and take the battery out now, and put it back in..then turn it on normally..what happens? do you see anything?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:01 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

One other thing to consider. Flashing really eats up your battery. Was it fully charged when you started this process? Maybe you just need to charge the battery. FYI when the Epic gets worked really hard and heats up the internal charging circuit turns itself off until it cools down.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

Ok got it working! Thanks a lot for everyones reply.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Lurker

fa5spoon is a n00b

I have another issues, ever since rooting and installing a ROM i dont get 4G connection, when i click 4G in the notification bar it wont do anything, sometimes it'll say "On.." but it wont replace the 3G notification with a 4G one.. any fixes?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G