PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 04:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
Yes.. and What 4 drivers?
When you plug in your device, go into Device Manager...it should install 4 drivers(Dont remember the names off the top of my head but 2 of them are ADB and CDC)...inside device manager make sure there is no marking showing a driver has not been installed.

Quote:
i keep getting a file not found failure for /sdcard/zImage permission denied
bmldevice_open failed!
rm failed for /sdcard/local/tme/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin, No such file or directory...
etc.. etc...
Is your sd card mounted or not?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

maybe im too dumb for android...

im not sure about the 4 programs... i downloaded the sdk from android?... yes the sdcard is mounted.. i was able to root so easily (i think) one click.. but this is beyond me i guess..

oh well thank you anyways gTen!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
maybe im too dumb for android...

im not sure about the 4 programs... i downloaded the sdk from android?... yes the sdcard is mounted.. i was able to root so easily (i think) one click.. but this is beyond me i guess..

oh well thank you anyways gTen!
Not 4 programs..4 drivers....rooting require 3/4 to work..but flashing clockworkmod seems to require all 4 :/

when you plug in your phone on the bottom right it tells you which drivers your pc is installing looks like a computer circling.

Its not that hard..just gotta know what to look for
Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mystery Diamond Sense 2.5

kiit408 is a n00b

so i flashed and did not get into the custom recovery my issue has nothing to do with this. I guess my whole OS was wiped and i bricked my phone, is there a link for those who have done this and need to go back to the samsung stock rom using samsung recovery?

ps: i can reach samsung recovery but samsung comes on and makes noise but doesn't leave that startup

Last edited by kiit408; 11-10-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiit408 View Post
so i flashed and did not get into the custom recovery my issue has nothing to do with this. I guess my whole OS was wiped and i bricked my phone, is there a link for those who have done this and need to go back to the samsung stock rom using samsung recovery?

ps: i can reach samsung recovery but samsung comes on and makes noise but doesn't leave that startup
If you bricked your phone here is a guide on what to do:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...x_Bricked_Epic
Old 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Hunterkiller5150 is a n00b

I have a couple of questions.
1. Do I have to root my phone to remove the sprint .apks? or does method 2 work without rooting.
2. If I don't have to root, would a reset reload the .apks or does a reset just reset the user data and not reload the rom?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkiller5150 View Post
I have a couple of questions.
1. Do I have to root my phone to remove the sprint .apks? or does method 2 work without rooting.
2. If I don't have to root, would a reset reload the .apks or does a reset just reset the user data and not reload the rom?
The ADB method "might" work without rooting...cant say for sure though...

Reseting will not return the apks..hence its best to root anyways so you can make backups and stuff.

There is really not much harm in rooting :/
Old 11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The ADB method "might" work without rooting...cant say for sure though...

Reseting will not return the apks..hence its best to root anyways so you can make backups and stuff.

There is really not much harm in rooting :/
It's a company phone so I can't root it because it will void the warranty. I know that I can unroot it back, but I don't want to have to worry about something happening to my phone if I root it. Otherwise this thing would have barely been on before it was rooted!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkiller5150 View Post
It's a company phone so I can't root it because it will void the warranty. I know that I can unroot it back, but I don't want to have to worry about something happening to my phone if I root it. Otherwise this thing would have barely been on before it was rooted!
Sprint warranty or Samsung?

cause samsung warranty, nothing against rooting:

Samsung
Old 11-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Sprint warranty or Samsung?

cause samsung warranty, nothing against rooting:

Samsung
Sprint. Personally I think that it should be illegal to void the warranty by customizing your phone seeing as how its your phone that you bought, but that isn't my call to make.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G