PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Oh... And what is busy box and remount? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Oh... And what is busy box and remount? If you don't mind me asking.
Its just there to look nice ..jk jk lol

Busybox gives you extra root linux functions that were not available before.

and Remount script I think when you do a modification to the system you need to remount it...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Hey Guys:

Quick question: Got my wife an Epic 4G and it will charge via the computer but it wont mount and load her SD card for mass storage mode even though she has enabled it on the phone. Any ideas?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Hey Guys:

Quick question: Got my wife an Epic 4G and it will charge via the computer but it wont mount and load her SD card for mass storage mode even though she has enabled it on the phone. Any ideas?
Try installing the drivers?

Also did you root the device?
Old 09-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

How do you boot into clockwork?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
How do you boot into clockwork?
When the phone is off..hit the Vol down + Camera + Power and hold it while booting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Hey Guys:

You shouldn't need to install drivers. Plug it in and let it try to install the windows drivers automatically. Which operating system are you using anyways? I've had some luck by trying different USB ports on the PC.

Plugging the epic into a PC is very finnicky. Sometimes I'll get an error saying it wasn't found and it's unusable. I unplug it and then try a different slot and it works. All else fails, try rebooting the phone and trying again. It will work without drivers if you just want to mount USB as mass storage to transfer files
Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

gTen,

I know you have been updating the wiki pretty regularly, but don't we need to update the section about the GPS? Haven't all the issues been pretty much worked out?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
gTen,

I know you have been updating the wiki pretty regularly, but don't we need to update the section about the GPS? Haven't all the issues been pretty much worked out?
I wasn't the one who put the info on the GPS, rdm was I think..I noticed it recently too, if you want to take it out feel free to.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:26 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/20.2489; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
gTen,

I wasn't the one who put the info on the GPS, rdm was I think..I noticed it recently too, if you want to take it out feel free to.
Actually I was about to but I want to make sure that the gps issues have indeed been fixed. Has anyone tested the latest update to see if the ephemeris issue has been resolved?

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 10-07-2010 at 05:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G