PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/21.529; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

There's a lot of talk in the upgrades section about how important it is to recalibrate your battery after flashing a new kernel. I'm thinking this would help anyone even if you haven't flashed anything recently. Its pretty simple. Requires root and Clockworkmod custom recovery. Boot into Clockwork, go to advanced> wipe battery stats>yes. Then charge your battery to 100%, run it all the way down to 0%, and then leave it on and charge it back up to 100%. Your battery is now calibrated and it should improve battery life.
Bravo, Johnny.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/21.529; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

There's a lot of talk in the upgrades section about how important it is to recalibrate your battery after flashing a new kernel. I'm thinking this would help anyone even if you haven't flashed anything recently. Its pretty simple. Requires root and Clockworkmod custom recovery. Boot into Clockwork, go to advanced> wipe battery stats>yes. Then charge your battery to 100%, run it all the way down to 0%, and then leave it on and charge it back up to 100%. Your battery is now calibrated and it should improve battery life.
Wow! I did the "wipe battery" around Monday morning, then put the phone on the charger. Few hours later it was 100% charged and until today Wednesday 1AM it hasn't drained, still at about 40%. Still waiting for it to drain 0% and charge it up 100% to see what battery life I have then.

dja2k
Old 11-05-2010, 03:07 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

think i herd of this. lol
Old 11-05-2010, 07:16 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
think i herd of this. lol
Sorry Darren, didn't mean to pass this off like it was my idea.

Just so everyone knows, this is where I got the battery calibration info:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1975890-post2.html

The original post from XDA about the Phoenix kernel is here (look for the red text in all caps):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=811030

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 11-05-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

Sorry Darren, didn't mean to pass this off like it was my idea.

Just so everyone knows, this is where I got the battery calibration info:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1975890-post2.html

The original post from XDA about the Phoenix kernel is here (look for the red text in all caps):

[KERNEL] Phoenix v1.49 (11/04/2010) - xda-developers
na i didnt think that bro, just busting balls.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

abrcrmdl23 is a n00b

When I first got the phone It worked pretty good and lasted ok with the stock battery. When I updated to the 2.1 update 1 software update my battery life went into the toilet. With very minimal usage my phone would go from a full charge to 20% in just under 4 hours and the majority of that time was just sitting in standby. Cell standby, phone idle and the display use the majority of my battery. I have recently found a trick and it will make my phone last for almost a whole day with out a recharge with pretty heavy usage. I have done 3 things 1st is I installed setcpu and I restricted my phone to only run at 800mhz max. the 2nd thing is I turn off all auto brightness and adjust my screen brightness manually with a nice widget I have on my home page. The 3rd thing I do is when I am not using the phone for live data usage I downloaded an app called SMODA Widget it sits on my home screen and allows me to turn off my 3g data connection, but still allows my to receive calls and sms texts. Doing all of this stuff I get great battery life now. I took my phone off of the charger at 8:30am this morning my wife was having surgery and from 9-10:30am was listening to music on Pandora and a little bit of browsing over wifi, then again from 12-4pm using a bit of pandora, and heavy continuous android market browsing,internet browsing, usage of my internet using apps heavy sms texing and a few phone calls, and using my snes emulator all while connected to 4G. I also used my GPS navigation for 20 min either way to and from the hospital and 10 minutes to find lunch in between. I used a bit of 3g web surfing and some texts and 2 short calls from 5-8pm. At 8 pm when I checked my battery I was at 34% still and everything works great still with the cpu restricted to 800mhz, if you go any lower it lags but at 800 it is fine. So that is my tale hopefully froyo will help with the battery drain issue so i can leave more things on during standby but it works for now i love my epic now that is last longer than 4 hours.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

@abrcrmdl23 - Are you using stock rom?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrcrmdl23 View Post
... I turn off all auto brightness and adjust my screen brightness manually with a nice widget I have on my home page....

I use to have a widget for brightness and some other stuff, then I found a little gem in the Android OS: Swiping my thumb across the status bar allows you to adjust screen brightness. I mean that is such a great idea and works perfectly, kudos Android. I've since gotten rid of the widget and reclaimed that home screen space, and now I don't have to back out of an app to the home screen if I want to bump up the brightness!

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I was randomly reading around and heard a mention of an app called SuperPower...

[04.11.2010] SuperPower v0.71 - Battery save: Data, Wi-Fi, BT, GPS, 2G/3G/4G, CPU mhz - xda-developers

anyone try it? don't know if it works for our phone or not but it sounds good..and its made by Chainfire :/
Old 11-06-2010, 04:44 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I was randomly reading around and heard a mention of an app called SuperPower...

[04.11.2010] SuperPower v0.71 - Battery save: Data, Wi-Fi, BT, GPS, 2G/3G/4G, CPU mhz - xda-developers

anyone try it? don't know if it works for our phone or not but it sounds good..and its made by Chainfire :/
nice find and im gonna do some testing tonight/sat.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G