PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132689)

KaliS 11-06-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wunder (Post 1989259)
then I found a little gem in the Android OS: Swiping my thumb across the status bar allows you to adjust screen brightness. I mean that is such a great idea and works perfectly, kudos Android.

nice find, I've tried it out and it works. now I know why sometimes my screen goes bright too, lol. I find that it works well for brightening the screen, but is a little tedious lowering the brightness.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.

newt 11-13-2010 02:33 AM

Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

When you do the calibration reset in clockwork and choose yes do you get a response back? When I do it on mine it just goes straight back to the main menu so I don't know if it has done anything. I only get about 4 hours out of a complete charge.

Johnny.Bravo 11-13-2010 07:32 AM

No, there is no response from Clockwork when wiping your battery stats. It just goes back to the main menu. And if you are only getting 4 hours out of your Epic then there is something else going on besides calibrating your battery. I know we have battery life issues, but 4 hours? You need to take a look at what is running in the background that is eating up your battery.

WanderingMinstrel 11-16-2010 06:58 PM

I’ve had my Epic for about a week now and, until yesterday, was getting lousy battery life. I’d wake up in the morning to 10% to 30% after charging it to 100% the night before. During the day, less than 5 hours use brought the charge level down to 20% or less for just moderate use. Hardly any calls. Limited music and/or videos. Mostly data use, surfing, email, cruising the market, etc. BTW, I’m on stock DI18 and have not yet rooted.
Part of the problem is reception. My TP used to be the same, or worse. It lived from one charger to another all the time. I live in a fringe area and work at home so the phone is always seeking connectivity and I know this is a major drain. Three days after my phone upgrade, I called Sprint. Told them I didn’t mind paying an extra $10/mo for 4G which I don’t get here, but I did mind paying for data use with such a consistently poor signal. They agreed to send me a free Air Rave. Hasn’t come yet, but when it arrives I’ll see how it affects the battery use.
Anyway…
Yesterday I read all the pages in this thread, dropping lots of thankses along the way. Wow, you guys are amazing! I got Juice Defender with UltimateJuice. I also tried an app called Memory Booster Lite, which seems to kill background-running stuff I don’t use.
I set both apps to my preferences and recommended settings from this thread and went to bed with a full charge, without trying any of the other suggested tweaks. When I woke up, the battery was still fully charged! 100% for the first time ever! It has run all day and still reads 80+ percent full. Hard to believe.
Maybe JD/UJ only work on a stock rom. They certainly have worked for me. Excuse the book. I thought it might help some stock-rom people.

mid_aged_man 12-13-2010 01:44 PM

My situation went from intolerable to great by:
1. Rooting phone and running SetCPU
2. Downloading/installing Titanium Backup. (It lets you "freeze" DRM and Media Hub. This disables them...takes them out of the picture totally).

Now, I can go all day, not bothering with Task Killer (everytime I checked the Media Hub was re-started!!)

Also, bought an aftermarket, 3500 ma battery from Ebay. Ugly but powerful!

Now, I can finally stop the continual "battery management process" and enjoy the device.

kirstein 02-05-2011 08:43 PM

Wow,
After finally reading all the details about the 'toggle aiplane mode, TWS problem I finally looked into it. Found my TWS was sitting at about %65 percent even with rooted viperrom. anyway, I started toggling to airplane mode every time I reboot or unplug the phone and my run time went from 12 hours to over 24 and my Time without signal dropped to about %5. There really is something to this.

TGMartini 02-11-2011 11:34 PM

HELP !! When I downloaded the Juice Defender onto my Samsung Epic 4g, my visual voice-mail went away. Has anyone else had this problem ? Is there a way to fix it,
and still use the Juice Defender app ? Or, does the paid version of Ultimate JD offer a
way to do both ?

only1penny 03-18-2011 10:47 AM

i've only had my epic for a week, (yes i've been feverishly reading to stay up with the info). my battery life has been great right out of the box. i read an article that said people shouldn't use task killers and how android works, pretty interesting. anyways, so i downloaded juice defender, i don't use task killers, and i was getting such great battery life that i wanted to see how long it would last. with regular use, for me anyways, i got almost to the 40 hour mark before it turned off, i'm satisfied. and juice defender didn't do anything to my visual voice mail.

RandomKing 08-15-2011 10:38 AM

The best tips I could assemble into one descriptive list.