PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132689)

flyers2114 09-01-2010 08:24 PM

Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

Well I am very impressed with my first charged use.....I took it off charger this AM.......used at least 5 hours of BT stereo and surfed, e-mail, phone calls and lots of texting throughout the day...total battery life was 10 hours....with using the BT stereo like that it is very impressive to me!!

Johnny.Bravo 09-01-2010 08:27 PM

Re: Battery Life

I looked for one but couldn't find one so I opened this one. Maybe one of the Mods can merge the two and put it at the top so everyone can add their input.

EDIT***

I just found it - right at the top of the page, right in front of me. With a sticky....

Sorry, must be blind.

mlin 09-01-2010 08:31 PM

Here you go: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132689

They will likely get merged anyway, no worries. Its just more helpful when this information stays consolidated.

eenieMINI 09-01-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksfoster (Post 1932175)
I looked for one but couldn't find one so I opened this one. Maybe one of the Mods can merge the two and put it at the top so everyone can add their input.

EDIT***

I just found it - right at the top of the page, right in front of me. With a sticky....

Sorry, must be blind.

Yep, gotcha covered, threads merged with sticky.

beejmeister 09-01-2010 08:54 PM

You guys with all that battery life are killing me! I'm getting nothing comparatively. Might be because I'm in love iwth the phone and using the crap out of it... (I hear voices coming from it calling my name to mess with it...).

Anyway... It was pretty much dead by 2PM (from 8 AM) and since it is such a slow charger, the 20 - 30 minute car trips I had to make a couple of times didn't do a whole lot for me.

I'm going to experiment with turning off data using apps and such... don't know if the digital clock I installed that has sports scores (but only when the GT Jackets are playing) posted live is eating power.... or the FB app, or the Twitter app, or the weather app... or my Exchange email.... man! I guess the juice can get used up pretty quickly with too many things going on... Oh yeah! I forgot about the about 1.5 hours I was on the phone today before 2 PM as well....

I'd like to think I just got a lemon of a battery or something rather than that it's all my fault....

Anyway... al the help I can get is appreciated! Cheers!

Entrepreneur724 09-01-2010 11:14 PM

I just wanted to add that if you guys have 4G enabled....It takes up a pretty decent amount of juice. I know we all pay the fee however if you aren't in the area and leave 4G on -- I would think that it would take up a DECENT amount of juice.

yankees45us 09-01-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entrepreneur724 (Post 1932333)
I just wanted to add that if you guys have 4G enabled....It takes up a pretty decent amount of juice. I know we all pay the fee however if you aren't in the area and leave 4G on -- I would think that it would take up a DECENT amount of juice.

That's a good point. The 4g radio will drain battery alot faster if it's constantly searching for 4g signal. If your not in 4g area then turn off 4g. Although I heard that the 4g radio in the epic has a special sleep mode that kicks in when there is no 4g signal. The evo supposedly doesn't have this feature. Anyone with an epic let us know if that's the case.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

smu 09-02-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 1932340)
That's a good point. The 4g radio will drain battery alot faster if it's constantly searching for 4g signal. If your not in 4g area then turn off 4g. Although I heard that the 4g radio in the epic has a special sleep mode that kicks in when there is no 4g signal. The evo supposedly doesn't have this feature. Anyone with an epic let us know if that's the case.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

My wife just got an Epic and I have seen it go into the 4G sleep mode...it has "Zzzzzz" over the 4G icon, lol. However, her battery experience is absolutely awful. She has two e-mail accounts that are checked every 30 minutes and she is running CompanionLink on her desktop to sync Outlook every 4 hours or so. Other than this, she has the display turned down as much as possible and does a bit of calling. Her battery goes from charger to low battery warning in 3-4 hours. Any thoughts on what she could try? I've seen people talk loosely about some things that might help, but I haven't seen anything specific to try. Any help is appreciated!

madoc 09-02-2010 02:57 PM

Less than stellar battery performance today. ~7 hours with little use, no tweaks performed. :disgust:

Will be performing the same tweaks that I employed on my EVO (Roaming turn off, screen dim, etc.) I am ready and on the lookout for a custom ROM though! Is there anyone cooking for the Epic yet?

smu 09-02-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madoc (Post 1932964)
Less than stellar battery performance today. ~7 hours with little use, no tweaks performed. :disgust:

Will be performing the same tweaks that I employed on my EVO (Roaming turn off, screen dim, etc.) I am ready and on the lookout for a custom ROM though! Is there anyone cooking for the Epic yet?

Teradog told me yesterday that he cooked one, but I was just looking for it about 5 minutes ago...I'm going to PM him and ask him where it is.