PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

KuroiTora is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G One Click Root & ClockworkMod [RFS & EXT4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
no problem, glad to help ya out. have fun flashing.
While frustrating, I had fun learning the process and will probably seek out more info on how to mod my phone more lol
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiTora View Post
While frustrating, I had fun learning the process and will probably seek out more info on how to mod my phone more lol
ya its fun, just do lots of reading and make sure you do the 3x wipe process when switching roms and remember you are on a gingerbread leak so its not gonna be perfect but it is very stable. if you have any questions you can always pm me.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

KuroiTora is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya its fun, just do lots of reading and make sure you do the 3x wipe process when switching roms and remember you are on a gingerbread leak so its not gonna be perfect but it is very stable. if you have any questions you can always pm me.
definitely will do I have a close friend of mine that does a lot of UI mods and what not. He's the one that got me into androids then wanting to root my epic once I got it. Both he and I being graphic designers we like customizing stuff. He's created a lot of his own UI stuff for his vibrant and his PC that's running XP.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:37 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiTora View Post
definitely will do I have a close friend of mine that does a lot of UI mods and what not. He's the one that got me into androids then wanting to root my epic once I got it. Both he and I being graphic designers we like customizing stuff. He's created a lot of his own UI stuff for his vibrant and his PC that's running XP.
ask him or you if anybody needs a job working on ACS site, we need more people.

ACSyndicate
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Blondie69 is a n00b
Wink Re: Epic 4G One Click Root & ClockworkMod [RFS & EXT4]

Hi:
I am a moderate noob..... Just have a quick question. If I was to run this root will I still be able to contact Sprint to change my phone number without a problem AFTER I root the phone?

Thanks so much!
Blondie
Old 10-16-2011, 03:11 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie69 View Post
Hi:
I am a moderate noob..... Just have a quick question. If I was to run this root will I still be able to contact Sprint to change my phone number without a problem AFTER I root the phone?

Thanks so much!
Blondie
yes, the only time you gotta flash it back is when you plan to give it to sprint in person. Otherwise sprint has no clue if your rooted or running a custom rom/kernel.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

mookiemoo is a n00b

what is the process to root and install a new rom on my epic which is already running the official gingerbread rom?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
what is the process to root and install a new rom on my epic which is already running the official gingerbread rom?
Rooting EI22 after OTA or Google update [11/10] - xda-developers

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
JP3
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3-Samsung Epic 4g

JP3 is a n00b

for a stock epic is this still up to date ?? as someone who has no experience with this I thought I would give it a try since I now have an S3 and figure the $ 40 bucks they will give me for it would be better spent trying to learn how to do this.. does phone need to be activated for this to work?? my son also has an epic which once i figure it out on my old epic , i can do for him..
Semper Fi
JP
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP3 View Post
for a stock epic is this still up to date ?? as someone who has no experience with this I thought I would give it a try since I now have an S3 and figure the $ 40 bucks they will give me for it would be better spent trying to learn how to do this.. does phone need to be activated for this to work?? my son also has an epic which once i figure it out on my old epic , i can do for him..
This is a bit old, you need to get the latest clockworkmod and latest version of odin. Its actually quite simple to do overall. I suggest going with CM9.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G