PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! Now has ClockworkMod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
bro..i been everywhere..here, xda, sdx, androidcentral...so the cwmod from the market isnt the same as what u linked?
i edited my post, your good now skee. its a "all in one" that you used. link i posted at bottom is dk28 froyo all in one and flashes with odin with great instructions in the link.

http://briefmobile.com/how-to-update...to-android-2-2
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

afte i start odin with the DK28 file in the pda slot(i read where it said the .pit file wasnt needed for the DK2...it never completes successfully
thats y i thot i had a driver problem
Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
afte i start odin with the DK28 file in the pda slot(i read where it said the .pit file wasnt needed for the DK2...it never completes successfully
steeps i do is this, phone off and start dl mode then start odin and plug in usb then tar in pda and start odin.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

(DK2
Hey, try these files. Put victory.pit in the pit section, and put modem.tar in the PDA section.
Attached Files
File Type: rar DK28_modem+Pit.rar (4.46 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thx for ur help, hypno....but i found the dk28 extended last nite and loaded the epic experience rom.
But once again...PPCGs to the rescue...thx for the help guys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: Permanent root for the Samsung Epic 4g

I can't get the Samsung drivers to load on my Sony Win7 64 bit laptop or my 32 bit desktop. It loads part way but either the ADB won't load right or the Samsung Mobile driver. I have tried removing, re-installing after fresh downloads more than twenty times. I want to root so I can tether without Sprint's Hotspot.

Easy tether and PDA-Net can't load the drivers for the Epic, either. I have tried everything I have read and watched all of the videos. With my TP2, it was so easy and I want to custom rom with the Epic....mostly to tether. Any help or anything else I can try. Samsungs chat is always closed and support is useless.but still couldn't tether.

I should ad that I was able to Z4root on dI18 but still couldn't tether. No workie with Z4root on EB13.

Last edited by muzik; 03-03-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Permanent root for the Samsung Epic 4g

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I can't get the Samsung drivers to load on my Sony Win7 64 bit laptop or my 32 bit desktop. It loads part way but either the ADB won't load right or the Samsung Mobile driver. I have tried removing, re-installing after fresh downloads more than twenty times. I want to root so I can tether without Sprint's Hotspot.

Easy tether and PDA-Net can't load the drivers for the Epic, either. I have tried everything I have read and watched all of the videos. With my TP2, it was so easy and I want to custom rom with the Epic....mostly to tether. Any help or anything else I can try. Samsungs chat is always closed and support is useless.but still couldn't tether.

I should ad that I was able to Z4root on dI18 but still couldn't tether. No workie with Z4root on EB13.
I believe its not a problem if one of the four drivers dont install.
In the One click root folder did you right click the run file and choose "run as administrator" to open the Root script?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, Sprint Touch Pro 2, Samsung Epic 4G

NipTuck170 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to NipTuck170

the root without the clockwork mod says its for eclair on the page it comes from. my epic came with froyo already loaded. will this still work or do i have to use the root that has the clockwork mod and says its for eclair and froyo?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipTuck170 View Post
the root without the clockwork mod says its for eclair on the page it comes from. my epic came with froyo already loaded. will this still work or do i have to use the root that has the clockwork mod and says its for eclair and froyo?
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...peruser.apk.21

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-21-2011, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, Sprint Touch Pro 2, Samsung Epic 4G

NipTuck170 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to NipTuck170

That's the page that im talking about...the title for the root without clockwork is the following:

"[ECLAIR] One Click Root w/ BusyBox and Remount Scripts, Now has superuser.apk"

Does that mean it won't work with Froyo, just Eclair? I can't find anywhere where it says it works with Froyo...or does it mean it works with Eclair and up OS's?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G