PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sprint Epic 4G

http://now.sprint.com/epic4g/?ECID=vanity:epic4g

Now all we need is a release date :/

Also..Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Sprint all made the official announcement of getting the Galaxy S...which makes this the first phone since the TP2 to be available on all carriers...

So this device should have some really good community support..

Update: Small 2min preview of the phone:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/s...ic-4g-preview/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 06-29-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Epic 4G

Man this phone sounds like a great device. Its going to be hard to adjust from the Evo.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

caught my interest. bought the wife an evo, but still love my tp2. been holding out. my only concern is htc phones look and feel great! would hate that this phone has it all but feels like another plastic toy?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is the phone that will probably make me for sure return my EVO. The input lag on my EVO is just so annoying and every single video I have seen show this thing flys through the menus and pinch/zoom was very fast.

Plus it looks like I can actually use a live wallpaper without it adding more input lag. The phone has been rooted and I'm pretty sure I read samsing released their code so this could be a winner for Samsung.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 06-28-2010, 09:05 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Yes..it can also do 1080p..which is pretty impressive for a phone..even most netbooks can't do 1080p
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes..it can also do 1080p..which is pretty impressive for a phone..even most netbooks can't do 1080p

No it cannot. 720p is the highest it will go.

Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor that’s up to three times more powerful than other 1GHz processors, supporting amazing 3-D graphics, faster upload and download times and the full richness of HD multimedia content.
Dual camera: 5 MP camera/camcorder with autofocus, Power LED flash and 3x digital zoom for HD video (720p) video recording and front facing VGA camera for video chat and more
Visual Voicemail
Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share the 4G experience simultaneously
si-axis sensor for an optimal gaming experience

Last edited by c0011j; 06-28-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Well Engadget said it does...when I mean 1080p I meant playback..not recording..recording is 720p obviously.

Quote:
We just couldn't leave this face-off of superscreens alone, and went back for another bite at the cherry. Admittedly, we found out the Galaxy S had a browser-specific brightness setting that we hadn't maxed out before setting off our camera hounds, so we've gone and remedied earlier comparison shots with the gallery below, and just as a bonus, we've now also run a HD video clip on both phones. This was to see how the Hummingbird and A4 SOCs, considered close siblings, handled some taxing video work and also to again compare performance deep down on the pixel level. What we can tell you now is that both handsets chewed through the 1080p clip with ease and that both gave results we have no hesitation in describing as sublime. Click past the break for the up close and personal video comparison action.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/26/i...layback-video/
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Ahhh.. I misunderstood your comment then.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
So this device should have some really good community support..
Unfortunately it's Samsung, and not an HTC device. Which means they will not get support from the most avid programmer/devs from XDA-Devs.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Unfortunately it's Samsung, and not an HTC device. Which means they will not get support from the most avid programmer/devs from XDA-Devs.
and why not?

So far HTC was the only one to release devices with any sort of specs..but this time around this device actually beats all the others..I do not see developers sticking to only HTC..they would go with whatever they like and works best..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G