PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Epic 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I beat ya to it ...but I don't' think its too big..looks just right to me...and you can see its pretty thin for a keyboard phone too..

the only reason it may seem big is in the preview they hold it to show which may be uncomfortable or big to do that..but when you hold it properly it should be comfortable..not to mention this phone will make watching movies on possible...
The Engadget preview has images of an Epic next to an Evo. The Epic looks to be somewhat longer. Considering the screen is 0.3 inches smaller, I was surprised by this. I agree it is thin for a slider.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
The Engadget preview has images of an Epic next to an Evo. The Epic looks to be somewhat longer. Considering the screen is 0.3 inches smaller, I was surprised by this. I agree it is thin for a slider.
I think its equal actually... remember the epic is a bit thinker so from that angle it may seem longer but thats just the height adding onto it...plus I would take long over wise in my pocket any day (no pun intended lol)

Also it is somewhat rounded on the bottom and top which kinda adds length which normally wouldn't be there.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 06-29-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mrt32487 is a n00b

Is the rumored gsm sim slot world phone capability now gone? Since the official Samsung Epic branding, I haven't heard anything about this since the leak of the phone under the Samsung Galaxy S Pro name.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt32487 View Post
Is the rumored gsm sim slot world phone capability now gone? Since the official Samsung Epic branding, I haven't heard anything about this since the leak of the phone under the Samsung Galaxy S Pro name.
We don't know yet, the info now is from the samsung convention..no one has gotten a review unit to tell....

Also the leaked unit had at least 8gb ROM..but sprint lists as 1gb ROM..of course this isn't the first time sprint made a mistake on their news release specs...

so we are still hopeful...
Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

The more I see/read about this phone, the more I want it!!

I'm perfectly happy with my moment though and I may hang on to it for awhile and wait to see how the Epic plays out and after it gets 2.2.

I'm lovin the keyboard though. Looks easier to type on than the moment
Old 06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Also it is somewhat rounded on the bottom and top which kinda adds length which normally wouldn't be there.
Yeah. I wish it didn't have those rounded ends, as they don't sit well with my personal aesthetics. But maybe something about the slider mechanism needs that extra length. These are quibbles, of course. The phone is obviously one of the best, or maybe the best, phone (almost) available on a US carrier.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah. I wish it didn't have those rounded ends, as they don't sit well with my personal aesthetics. But maybe something about the slider mechanism needs that extra length. These are quibbles, of course. The phone is obviously one of the best, or maybe the best, phone (almost) available on a US carrier.
Yup..and I personally feel this phone will have a HUGE community..not only cause its coming to 5 carriers in the US...it will also be available in 110 countries...thats probably the biggest exposure a phone had in the world since ever....

Now all they need to do is market it and get people interested...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hoping 2 get Epic 4g

frontrunner11 is a n00b

Quote:
Yup..and I personally feel this phone will have a HUGE community..not only cause its coming to 5 carriers in the US...it will also be available in 110 countries...thats probably the biggest exposure a phone had in the world since ever....

Now all they need to do is market it and get people interested...
And that's where the failing will happen....at least for sprint anyway, because they definitely lack marketing.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontrunner11 View Post
And that's where the failing will happen....at least for sprint anyway, because they definitely lack marketing.
They have been advertising the hell out of the Evo. Not great ads, IMHO, but ads none the less.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
They have been advertising the hell out of the Evo. Not great ads, IMHO, but ads none the less.
I kinda like their "what can you do first" commercial. I see it at least 3-4 times a day

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G