PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
[MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!!

wow does this look cool, im just posting link cause you need to read xda thread for this one.
thanx to user "'Rodderik" for this. [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support - xda-developers

im dling all needed stuff to maybe try this late tonight (looks for ballz) so i will post my results/thoughts.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 07-09-2011 at 05:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support

Interesting..maybe that class 10 32gb card is word buying >.> lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-05-2011, 11:07 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Interesting..maybe that class 10 32gb card is word buying >.> lol
well i got extra epic card i just formatted/wiped so im trying it on that since this whole process wipes card anyhow.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

wow if you guys get bored or have extra epic like i do try this cause its really easy and very fun to use. only drawback i see is you cant run gb and EC05 at same time but hell im on bonsai and acs on one phone, pretty fun.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

so iw as reading the info on THAT OTHER SITE lol .... and this sounds like a BIG ASS DEAL to drop ... he also made it sound like it will help less bricking problems -->>

"" Rom developers can additionally use dual booting to test builds of their roms without fear of soft bricking their device""

AS a casual user of phones n ROMS ... would you guys recommend this for uses like for instance i sometimes ( with my first epic ) have a problem sticking to 1 rom and like checking out n see which 1 is amazing ..

1.so should casual users try ??

2. does this eliminate TO AN EXTENT the need to backup ur ROM since its already running in a dual dimension lol ..

3. how safe is this actually ?

4. im guessing best bet is to use this only for best results with a 32 g card ??

THANX GUYS
Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallis View Post
so iw as reading the info on THAT OTHER SITE lol .... and this sounds like a BIG ASS DEAL to drop ... he also made it sound like it will help less bricking problems -->>

"" Rom developers can additionally use dual booting to test builds of their roms without fear of soft bricking their device""

AS a casual user of phones n ROMS ... would you guys recommend this for uses like for instance i sometimes ( with my first epic ) have a problem sticking to 1 rom and like checking out n see which 1 is amazing ..

1.so should casual users try ??

2. does this eliminate TO AN EXTENT the need to backup ur ROM since its already running in a dual dimension lol ..

3. how safe is this actually ?

4. im guessing best bet is to use this only for best results with a 32 g card ??

THANX GUYS
1) yes
2)no but i guess i depends on user cause i add crap to each cooks roms like themes and if i wanna go back to fresh i use backup.
3) to phone yes but sdcard its hard on (lol) because of the constant reading while switching roms .
4) correct but stock card works just loads a little slow.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:15 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

updated op, now its really easy to run and you can run scripts through cwm.

[MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

theduce102 is a n00b
Re: [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!!

i cant wait till he finishes the gb kernel
Old 07-11-2011, 04:45 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce102 View Post
i cant wait till he finishes the gb kernel
genocide kernel is now dual boot and really works well.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

theduce102 is a n00b

yeah the only kernels I've ever used were the stock ones and Rodderik's( oh and the bonsai v5 on marcusant's Rom)...... i just cant wait till he makes that GB kernel so we can boot between Froyo on nand and GB on the SD card or vice versa.... this is a big breakthrough for the epic community..... i cant wait to see what he does next =]

EDIT: how many post before i get out of the lurker status..... its making me feel like im a noob again lmao

Last edited by theduce102; 07-11-2011 at 02:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods