PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391)
-   -   [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145399)

darren.wlsn1 07-05-2011 09:46 PM

[MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!!

wow does this look cool, im just posting link cause you need to read xda thread for this one.
thanx to user "'Rodderik" for this. [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support - xda-developers

im dling all needed stuff to maybe try this late tonight (looks for ballz) so i will post my results/thoughts.

gTen 07-05-2011 11:05 PM

Re: [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support

Interesting..maybe that class 10 32gb card is word buying >.> lol

darren.wlsn1 07-05-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2124581)
Interesting..maybe that class 10 32gb card is word buying >.> lol

well i got extra epic card i just formatted/wiped so im trying it on that since this whole process wipes card anyhow.

darren.wlsn1 07-06-2011 12:21 AM

wow if you guys get bored or have extra epic like i do try this cause its really easy and very fun to use. only drawback i see is you cant run gb and EC05 at same time but hell im on bonsai and acs on one phone, pretty fun.

djgallis 07-06-2011 03:13 PM

so iw as reading the info on THAT OTHER SITE lol .... and this sounds like a BIG ASS DEAL to drop ... he also made it sound like it will help less bricking problems -->>

"" Rom developers can additionally use dual booting to test builds of their roms without fear of soft bricking their device""

AS a casual user of phones n ROMS ... would you guys recommend this for uses like for instance i sometimes ( with my first epic ) have a problem sticking to 1 rom and like checking out n see which 1 is amazing ..

1.so should casual users try ??

2. does this eliminate TO AN EXTENT the need to backup ur ROM since its already running in a dual dimension lol ..

3. how safe is this actually ?

4. im guessing best bet is to use this only for best results with a 32 g card ??

THANX GUYS

darren.wlsn1 07-08-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djgallis (Post 2124875)
so iw as reading the info on THAT OTHER SITE lol .... and this sounds like a BIG ASS DEAL to drop ... he also made it sound like it will help less bricking problems -->>

"" Rom developers can additionally use dual booting to test builds of their roms without fear of soft bricking their device""

AS a casual user of phones n ROMS ... would you guys recommend this for uses like for instance i sometimes ( with my first epic ) have a problem sticking to 1 rom and like checking out n see which 1 is amazing ..

1.so should casual users try ??

2. does this eliminate TO AN EXTENT the need to backup ur ROM since its already running in a dual dimension lol ..

3. how safe is this actually ?

4. im guessing best bet is to use this only for best results with a 32 g card ??

THANX GUYS

1) yes
2)no but i guess i depends on user cause i add crap to each cooks roms like themes and if i wanna go back to fresh i use backup.
3) to phone yes but sdcard its hard on (lol) because of the constant reading while switching roms .
4) correct but stock card works just loads a little slow.

darren.wlsn1 07-09-2011 05:15 AM

updated op, now its really easy to run and you can run scripts through cwm.

[MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!!

theduce102 07-11-2011 04:43 AM

Re: [MOD]Epic 4G Dual Boot Support -- NOW WITH APP!!!

i cant wait till he finishes the gb kernel

darren.wlsn1 07-11-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theduce102 (Post 2126496)
i cant wait till he finishes the gb kernel

genocide kernel is now dual boot and really works well.

theduce102 07-11-2011 02:46 PM

yeah the only kernels I've ever used were the stock ones and Rodderik's( oh and the bonsai v5 on marcusant's Rom)...... i just cant wait till he makes that GB kernel so we can boot between Froyo on nand and GB on the SD card or vice versa.... this is a big breakthrough for the epic community..... i cant wait to see what he does next =]

EDIT: how many post before i get out of the lurker status..... its making me feel like im a noob again lmao