PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD] The Governor Killer (UPDATE: WARNING!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
i installed this using clockwork, using midnight rom. i see no difference.
You will only see a difference if your in an area with really really good signal..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Reporting back with some speeds since I just found the Ookla SpeedTest app in the Market Place...

Some background. I'm running the leaked sprint dev DK28 and installed the governor killer on 12-19-2010 and haven't seen any ill effects yet.

Now for some numbers, I figured I post them up since they seem to be outstanding. Keep in mind I don't have any reference speeds (i.e. nothing prior to installing this)

These are with 3 to 5 bars of 3G service:

Downstream: Upstream:
1507 867
1386 752
1061 806
1603 617
1717 849
1430 827

Wish I had some pre govenor killer numbers for reference. Sorry.

Last edited by pringlet; 12-22-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

The Governor Killer definitely works (even tho it sounds like a future Schwarzenegger movie).. I tried it in Culver City CA on 3G and 4G before and after. And compared it side by side to an Evo in Upland CA. If you are doing 4G tethering and uploading alot it is definitely a MUST HAVE. For the rest of us not really unless maybe you video chat alot.

*All speeds are in Kbps

I felt like it made a small difference in 3G but until we get two Epics side by side its hard to prove. Same for 4G downloads. But it without a doubt increases 4G uploads 10-45%. The difference in 4G uploads is so huge I actually kind of doubt it works on anything else. My fastest 4G tests before were 7973 dwn and 1221 up, I never broke 1200 again before trying this update and I always thought Wimax was limited around 1000. After the update I hit a top upload of 1846 which is unheard of and I beat an Evo by 20% every upload when the Evo was getting downloads 30-50% faster. I would hit 4000 dwn 1200 up while the Evo hit 6000 dwn 1000 up. The Evo had stronger signal and beat the Epic by a wide margin every download; but my Epic, with the update, beat the Evo every upload by about 200. My second fastest was 1427 and I got very close or broke 1200 every time I had decent signal.

I just wish I could get Rev. A speeds like I used to on my Touch Pro. I was getting around 2500 regularly. Anyone know what happened?

Last edited by celsius0010; 12-25-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celsius0010 View Post
I just wish I could get Rev. A speeds like I used on my Touch Pro. I was getting around 2500 regularly. Anyone know what happened?
If I were to guess..before only limited amounts of phones used Rev. A..so most people were either using Rev 0 or at the time not using much data at all...as more phones like Evo and etc showed up using it...it died down...same way HSPA+ is right now..people are reporting good speeds but as all 3g technologies they don't handle load very well..

I do remember doing a speed test on my Mogul and getting 2.4mbps and people would not believe me...
Old 12-25-2010, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yea that's kinda what I thought.. What sucks is today there is no way to get that type of performance.. Hopefully Wimax coverage fills in a bit more, in So Cal I get 4G signal over half the time now when Im out, but not at home yet..
Old 01-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

cypher_zero is a n00b

The link in the original post doesn't seem to be working (by that I mean the link in the linked post). Any chance at a good one?

cypher
Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just uploaded it, some custom roms like midNIGHT already include it. And i think it may depend on your region and signal strength as well, in So Cal I only noticed increases in 4G upload. Others have seen bigger increases.

http://www.multiupload.com/G40M0CY3UQ
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

Can I just flash this with CWM 3 or is it a CWM 2 zip?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moment

redram38 is a n00b

Is this only for DK28 2.2 Roms or will it work with 2.1 Roms also
Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EPIC!
Carrier: sprint

551skydiver is a n00b

My TP was getting way faster speeds than my Epic is now... Just another reason to get on to a custom Rom and get rid of the governor (jerry brown too lol) On the other hand I don't want to become a daily flasher again...

Then:TP, Mogul, Treo 650, Timeport, Audiovox mp3 fone,Startac's,Uniden 5700 and a Brick.
Now: Epic 4g compliments of Samsung 3 days before launch!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods