PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 01:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
[MOD][Froyo Only] Epic4G EXT4 Support (No More RFS!)

IMPORTANT: Flash this at your own risk, make sure to read the entire thread before flashing anything!

[MOD] Epic4G EXT4 Support [Froyo Only] [No More RFS!] - xda-developers

Edit: Forgot to mention, I would like to point out that EXT4 will have an effect on the lifespan of the NAND flash memory..don't get me wrong your memory won't fry over night as EXT4 is used on the Nexus S for example...so even with EXT4 your lifespan of the NAND should still be a few years, it would just be less then using RFS as the filesystem..but I do want to point out this fact before anyone mods this.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 12-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD][Froyo Only] Epic4G EXT4 Support (No More RFS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
IMPORTANT: Flash this at your own risk, make sure to read the entire thread before flashing anything!

[MOD] Epic4G EXT4 Support [Froyo Only] [No More RFS!] - xda-developers
I'm anxious to try... on the midnight rom but I don't know if that rom supports it.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
I'm anxious to try... on the midnight rom but I don't know if that rom supports it.
man ya need to read, this mod is not a easy mod and its not easy to remove and if thats your first question then i would read lots.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
Your answer is right there:

Quote:
Please note that until other ROMs add support (namely the new recovery binary in /system/bin/recoveryfiles) I cannot guarantee recovery will function properly
As for reverting back to RFS, Odin should work.

but either way make sure to carefully read EVERYTHING before installing
Old 12-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
man ya need to read, this mod is not a easy mod and its not easy to remove and if thats your first question then i would read lots.
I never said it was easy... I just wondered whether or not it's compatible with Midnight Rom because on the first post he said:
After this is complete, you may flash a DK28 ROM . I recommend Quantum Rom v2.5.0.

then in this post

xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD] Epic4G EXT4 Support [Froyo Only] [No More RFS!]

the OP of that thread was replying to question when he said "I will have reverting scripts up later this week.

Ext4 is a HUGE step for the Epic.

I really hope other devs adopt this and we get things rolling.
"

...lead me to assume he only tested only one rom.
Since Gten took liberty to post this I assuming he's doing the follow up otherwise he just might know something.

A read a couple of post is all it took to ask for a quick answer and yet you're already flaming at me? Jeez christ, there's no need for that...

Last edited by youngblack; 12-28-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

not flaming you in any way but if you read then question was answered and most of you guys are not on proper clockwork for this to work let alone proper rom.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
acs tester

gten if you wanna add this to op feel free. may help some people that dont want full ext4.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=891576

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-30-2010 at 05:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods