PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   EH17 stock by @toadlife w stability fixes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147799)

djgallis 10-31-2011 01:28 PM

EH17 stock by @toadlife w stability fixes

[Odin]|[Heimdall] Stock EH17 + stability fixes - xda-developers <<< LINKS IN POST for download ..

AS IT WAS POSTED

No one has posted this yet, and I know lots of people like stock ROMs, so here it is.

This is the Stock Deodexed EH17 tar released by crawrj with stability fixes. It transforms the EH17 leak from a rebooting, GPS freezing, piece of crap to a stable "daily driver".

The only modifications are:
mkasick's 10/19 kernel, based on official source ( Epic GB kernel sources! (10/19/11 official, with keyfix kernel) - xda-developers )
Necrosan's Hotspot Hack ( [Hack] [EH17/EH06/SRF12] [3G/4G Wireless Hotspot] Native USB/Wireless Tether - xda-developers )
hienkhieu's GPS Fix ( GPS FIX for Gingerbread leak - xda-developers )

Along with the people noted above, a big thanks to chris41g for his cheat sheet on how to make a tar for ODIN. -> ( [How To]Making an ODIN Tar - xda-developers )

Misc Mods:
No Battery Pop-Up
CRT Off Animation / Disable Screen on when unplugged
CRT Off/Disable Screen On when unplugged/1% battery Circle (Credit to Fightspit, Qliratu and Mendozinas for the battery graphics)

WanderingMinstrel 10-31-2011 06:58 PM

Re: EH17 stock by @toadlife w stability fixes

Nice find! Stability is always a good thing. Ditto choices. How do you like it compared with Marcus's ACS-ICS?
BTW, the mods are still getting fixed. I'm going to wait until they're working.

djgallis 10-31-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2153441)
Nice find! Stability is always a good thing. Ditto choices. How do you like it compared with Marcus's ACS-ICS?
BTW, the mods are still getting fixed. I'm going to wait until they're working.

well i havent tried it yet but im going to soon ...

as for Marcus acs-ics .. 2 words " LOVE IT "

THE ICS FEATURE makes it stand apart from every1 else it moves well .. everything ive tried works .. i havent tried WIFI or 4g .. havent been around 4 wifi and dnt care for 4G .. Bluetooth, hot spot, market, titanium, works ...

rom is pretty good ..reboot happens maybe 1nce a day but never while im using it ... so im gonna try this new stock fix see what happens

WanderingMinstrel 11-01-2011 07:36 PM

I was on the edge of flashing V6 after following ACS-ICS from the beginning, when this caught my eye. Let me know how you like it.

djgallis 11-03-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2153601)
I was on the edge of flashing V6 after following ACS-ICS from the beginning, when this caught my eye. Let me know how you like it.

SO I TRIED IT WORKED LOVELY

THEN I UPDATED TO ACS-ICS V6 W NUBERNEL KERNEL .. NO REBOOTS

gTen 11-03-2011 04:43 PM

I am currently running this + nuebkernel...so far its ok, can't wait for undervolting in nuebkernel