PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

earthbound.iap is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IAP's Rebirth.v1.0.RC1 [ROM]

Sick of the same old roms... Force close... Terrible Battery life... Well then Rebirth is for you. Created for daily use to be graphicaly stunning, intuitive, and stylish... Cutting edge technology...
I used to have to run home after an 8 hour work day and charge the battery on my phone for fear I would run out half way throught the night, now I can go almost 36 hours with no background apps running... This even amazed me. How did we do it you ask ? Damn, I'm not sure... Just pure messing around with code, I can't tell you exactly which modification made the difference, I'm guessing it is a collaberation of them all. Personally I thought the mods that I had made to the code were going to mess something up. You know terrible signal, gps, or something of the sort, but after 2 weeks of running it on at least 4 phones that I know of we have not had a single complaint about signal, gps, or anything except for the 3 bugs mentioned below. And let me tell you me and david have put this rom to the test. I even flashed from every rom I could find (EC05, EG22, EH06, EH17), used it with every modem and it still worked flawlessly. Some of the modems were a little janky but overall I found that EC05 modem and EH17 were the least sketchy with Rebirth. I'm rockin Rebirth with EH17 right now and even out in the sticks in Arcadia, FL I get better signal and Gps locks in seconds with more satellites than ever. If you are looking for stability though I would suggest using EC05 modem with this rom.
Well with all of that said, TRY IT OUT. Let us know what you think, and notify us of any other bugs you might run into. We feel we have made significant progress and your input is key in making further progress with this rom. This is why we have done a pre-release of Rebirth.

.:Independent Android Project Website:.

1. use the link above to head over to the IAP website.
2. Click IAP Android Atom icon in the news tab or in the downloads section of the IAP website in the IAP apps tab.
3. Install the IAP app on your phone
4. load the iap app.
5. Proceed to the Download tab to download "Rebirth".
6. boot into clockwork recovery at least wipe cache and dalvik 3x
(prefered method includes 3x data wipe if you use this method be sure to back up your data/apps in some way or another)
7. install Rebirth.v1.0.RC1 with clockwork, reboot after install and enjoy...

We are so excited about rebirth that we have decided to release an early release candidate RC1. There are only 3 bugs that we know of so far an working to fix...

1. Lockscreen Landscape (lockscreen all jacked up in landscape)
2. Landscape app drawer not resizing (missing a row of apps at the bottom in landscape).
3. 4 tab lockscreen (already have a fix on the way we just need to figure out the landscape app drawer bug and we will package it up as an update).

Any further bugs should be reported in the forum on the iap website or with the iap app, thank you.

We can also be found on Facebook, Independent Android Project[/URL]

.:Thanks Section:.
Rodderik (Genocide Kernel Source and general help)
Maddogins (a couple of mods)
Chris41G (his work has helped me out tremendously though I'm not sure he knows it)
Fr4gg0r (tw launcher 4.5)
HexKil (being a super tester and puttin the software to the test)
All of the loyal IAP/Superheroes fans out there.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: IAP's Rebirth.v1.0.RC1 [ROM]

welcome here and nice to see something new.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Bug #2 I think is coming from touchwiz 4.5..... I tried that launcher on the rom im using and that was one of the issues that I saw in it which was also one of the reasons why I uninstalled it.

Have tried another launcher to see if there's any difference?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:44 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Welcome!

*moved to developer section*

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

it says click on the link above but i dont see any link to click on. help a blind man will ya?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
it says click on the link above but i dont see any link to click on. help a blind man will ya?
in my opinion you dont wanna mess with this but here. btw site is as hard to read and needs fixed imo but its not my site. i have feeling ppcg will never see this op post or anything.

http://indandroidprj.zxq.net/

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 09-19-2011 at 04:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earthbound.iap is a n00b

Why wouldn't I post ? ? ? IMO you must be blind, get glasses or get better glasses... and how can you say you don't want to mess with this. Have you tried the rom ? ? ? frankly I'm offended...

Wait then I looked again, holy %$#@ he is an ACS tester no wonder he would say such a thing... I can see where this is going next a bonsai supporter will pop up and chime in don't do it man IAP is no good. LMFAO...

EDIT: I appologize for this I guess I'm a little defensive seeing the welcome I have gotten from a lot of the forums I'm posting on...

Last edited by earthbound.iap; 09-19-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earthbound.iap is a n00b

yes sir it's 4.5 tw launcher, I'm contacting Fr4gg0r about this and will hopefully be working with him to fix it by the time the acctual release of REBIRTH comes. I appreciate the input, we are working our fastest to fix these bugs.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthbound.iap View Post
Why wouldn't I post ? ? ? IMO you must be blind, get glasses or get better glasses... and how can you say you don't want to mess with this. Have you tried the rom ? ? ? frankly I'm offended...

Wait then I looked again, holy %$#@ he is an ACS tester no wonder he would say such a thing... I can see where this is going next a bonsai supporter will pop up and chime in don't do it man IAP is no good. LMFAO...
no i dont try roms with issues posted in op and im a tester/supermod on ACS has nothing to do with ppcg or what i flash plus i have been on ppcg almost 4years so i have seen cooks pop in and post and never come back so i apologize if your gonna actually support here but i still dought you will cause you only jump my ass and a member who like me is a older/wiser fella and yes im partially blind in one eye so sorry but your op is very hard to see links and site is also hard to read for me but maybe im fully blind. funny you dont answer othe posters question though and jump on me and ACS. i think what you cooks do is amazing but i have helped the other user for hours with his phone and he needs a stable rom for his work and your issues posted by you: 1. Lockscreen Landscape (lockscreen all jacked up in landscape)
2. Landscape app drawer not resizing (missing a row of apps at the bottom in landscape).
3. 4 tab lockscreen (already have a fix on the way we just need to figure out the landscape app drawer bug and we will package it up as an update) probably wont help him so i tried to help a member i care about on the site i care about. you didnt see me tell him "use a ACS rom instead" so if ACS upsets you then i dont know what to tell ya.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
welcome here and nice to see something new.
did you miss this post i made? seems like im not the A-hole you think i am but guess you missed that one.

you still rip me before you answer other post and you answered while i was posting. i do still hope your rom works for us in the end.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Tags
ec05, epic, rom, spd-d700