PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Hotspot Hack

Guys Necrosan over at xda hacked the sprint hotspot. You can now connect to the internet using the native sprint hotspot. Here is the thread to read up on it. I tested it on marcus's RC10 rom and SFR 1.2 and it works. It didnt' work on the bonsai B13 rom.
Davidrules7778 made a zip flash for ec05 roms. [Hack] [EF02 ONLY] [Wireless Hotspot] Native USB/Wireless Tether - Page 8 - xda-developers

[Hack] [EF02 ONLY] [Wireless Hotspot] Native USB/Wireless Tether - xda-developers

I'm not sure if this will create any charges on your account though.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:13 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Hotspot Hack

Why not just use Wifitether or Barnacle, both work great!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Why not just use Wifitether or Barnacle, both work great!
Usually the sprint one is more stable...effectively what the android-wifi-tethering app does is activate the hotspot app in a roundabout way...directly is usually better...This also enables usb tethering...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Usually the sprint one is more stable...effectively what the android-wifi-tethering app does is activate the hotspot app in a roundabout way...directly is usually better...This also enables usb tethering...
also allows more than one device to be operated if thats your deal and its faster.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

I just wanted to share another option for using wifi.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JohnCorleone is just getting started
It absolutely works on 3G but not on 4G yet. It changes the name from "Sprint Hotspot" to "Wireless Hotspot." Hopefully 4G will be solved in the very near future.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
Old 07-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JohnCorleone is just getting started
Ok all, Hotspot hack is working on 4G as well now and is available for several ROMs in the OP of Necrosan's thread. All you have to do is wipe Dalvik and flash away! Be sure to thank Necrosan! Its flashable for Urban Regeneration, SRF 1.2, Bonsai beta14, EG22 as of now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks

Last edited by JohnCorleone; 07-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

RandomKing is keeping up the good workRandomKing is keeping up the good work

It's been built into RandomROM 2.3 EG22, along with various other mods that make use of the same framework.jar.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Epic
Carrier: SPRINT

slowride66 is a n00b

Hi

I am New to the Android Matter of fact my last smart phone was a Palm Treo 650

I need a Lot of help[ but first & for most I would like to know if my phone can be tethered with out haing to pay sprint a extra $35 a month!

I am So mad that they did not tell me this & this is why I have put off getting a decent phone for many years
It really should be a SELL phone because you have to Sell you soul to get a damn phone!

OK So I am GREEN & not up on the latest lingo so if you could spell this stuff out for me simply I will be forever grateful

Thank you all

I look forward to learning { I love these forums}

SR66
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride66 View Post
Hi

I am New to the Android Matter of fact my last smart phone was a Palm Treo 650

I need a Lot of help[ but first & for most I would like to know if my phone can be tethered with out haing to pay sprint a extra $35 a month!

I am So mad that they did not tell me this & this is why I have put off getting a decent phone for many years
It really should be a SELL phone because you have to Sell you soul to get a damn phone!

OK So I am GREEN & not up on the latest lingo so if you could spell this stuff out for me simply I will be forever grateful

Thank you all

I look forward to learning { I love these forums}

SR66

The easiest way to get tethering going is either:

1) Flash a custom rom with the sprint hotspot

or

2) Root your phone and download Android-Wifi-Tether

Whichever you prefer...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development