PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Sprint Hotspot Hack (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145803)

brack21 07-17-2011 09:32 PM

Sprint Hotspot Hack

Guys Necrosan over at xda hacked the sprint hotspot. You can now connect to the internet using the native sprint hotspot. Here is the thread to read up on it. I tested it on marcus's RC10 rom and SFR 1.2 and it works. It didnt' work on the bonsai B13 rom.
Davidrules7778 made a zip flash for ec05 roms. [Hack] [EF02 ONLY] [Wireless Hotspot] Native USB/Wireless Tether - Page 8 - xda-developers

[Hack] [EF02 ONLY] [Wireless Hotspot] Native USB/Wireless Tether - xda-developers

I'm not sure if this will create any charges on your account though.

gullzway 07-18-2011 02:13 AM

Re: Sprint Hotspot Hack

Why not just use Wifitether or Barnacle, both work great!

gTen 07-18-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2129181)
Why not just use Wifitether or Barnacle, both work great!

Usually the sprint one is more stable...effectively what the android-wifi-tethering app does is activate the hotspot app in a roundabout way...directly is usually better...This also enables usb tethering...

darren.wlsn1 07-18-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2129195)
Usually the sprint one is more stable...effectively what the android-wifi-tethering app does is activate the hotspot app in a roundabout way...directly is usually better...This also enables usb tethering...

also allows more than one device to be operated if thats your deal and its faster.

brack21 07-18-2011 09:03 AM

I just wanted to share another option for using wifi.

JohnCorleone 07-24-2011 11:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It absolutely works on 3G but not on 4G yet. It changes the name from "Sprint Hotspot" to "Wireless Hotspot." Hopefully 4G will be solved in the very near future.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks

JohnCorleone 07-30-2011 09:43 PM

Ok all, Hotspot hack is working on 4G as well now and is available for several ROMs in the OP of Necrosan's thread. All you have to do is wipe Dalvik and flash away! Be sure to thank Necrosan! Its flashable for Urban Regeneration, SRF 1.2, Bonsai beta14, EG22 as of now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks

RandomKing 08-15-2011 10:35 AM

It's been built into RandomROM 2.3 EG22, along with various other mods that make use of the same framework.jar.

slowride66 11-08-2011 08:09 PM

Hi

I am New to the Android Matter of fact my last smart phone was a Palm Treo 650

I need a Lot of help[ but first & for most I would like to know if my phone can be tethered with out haing to pay sprint a extra $35 a month!

I am So mad that they did not tell me this & this is why I have put off getting a decent phone for many years
It really should be a SELL phone because you have to Sell you soul to get a damn phone!

OK So I am GREEN & not up on the latest lingo so if you could spell this stuff out for me simply I will be forever grateful

Thank you all

I look forward to learning { I love these forums}

SR66:grin:

gTen 11-08-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowride66 (Post 2154726)
Hi

I am New to the Android Matter of fact my last smart phone was a Palm Treo 650

I need a Lot of help[ but first & for most I would like to know if my phone can be tethered with out haing to pay sprint a extra $35 a month!

I am So mad that they did not tell me this & this is why I have put off getting a decent phone for many years
It really should be a SELL phone because you have to Sell you soul to get a damn phone!

OK So I am GREEN & not up on the latest lingo so if you could spell this stuff out for me simply I will be forever grateful

Thank you all

I look forward to learning { I love these forums}

SR66:grin:

The easiest way to get tethering going is either:

1) Flash a custom rom with the sprint hotspot

or

2) Root your phone and download Android-Wifi-Tether

Whichever you prefer...