PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Samfirmware EF02.tar download! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144682)

darren.wlsn1 06-18-2011 12:28 AM

Samfirmware EF02.tar download!

try it but please follow noobnl directions and thanx to him for this.

Samfirmware EF02.tar download! OTA Modem update EF10 - xda-developers

im getting ready to odin this deal so i will give my thoughts, btw there is new odin included and it has some cool options so here is standalone.
Odin3 v1.81.rar

su zip
http://www.holylivingfuck.com/Stuff/su.zip

darren.wlsn1 06-18-2011 02:08 AM

Re: Samfirmware EF02.tar download!

this build is way better than EE build, gps works fine and camera does not "wake up" like EE did. wifi and wired tether both work fine and both are faster up/down loading. not one issue using titanium to restore all my crap and just overall speeds are better scrolling ect. any questions just ask.

went for a drive and 4g is working fine along with bt and voodoo sound and netflix is also working.

one more edit, now my phone just updated to EF10 but root still there and all apps still working.

WanderingMinstrel 06-19-2011 05:15 PM

This build is supercool. Darren got it and a root on my phone yesterday in an unbelievably long and impressive session. It's my first time off the Sprint stock grid, lol. Overall speeds are way fast. Haven't tried everything yet but what I have tried is problem-free and feels like leading edge compared to ec05 stock.
Only issue was MyBackUpPro tried restore all my apps to the phone, including the ones I had moved to sd, so I had a memory overload. Hard reset and small appgroup by appgroup reinstalls got apps back in place and working.
It's a truly great find.

darren.wlsn1 06-19-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2116889)
This build is supercool. Darren got it and a root on my phone yesterday in an unbelievably long and impressive session. It's my first time off the Sprint stock grid, lol. Overall speeds are way fast. Haven't tried everything yet but what I have tried is problem-free and feels like leading edge compared to ec05 stock.
Only issue was MyBackUpPro tried restore all my apps to the phone, including the ones I had moved to sd, so I had a memory overload. Hard reset and small appgroup by appgroup reinstalls got apps back in place and working.
It's a truly great find.

welcome to the fun world of rooting/flashing, wait till ginger gets "official" and source is out so our cooks can do there magic.

revaaron 06-21-2011 10:48 PM

ok, I followed the info here:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Samfirmware EF02.tar download! OTA Modem update EF10
and got to the install su.zip
clicked reboot system...
now my phone doesn't do anything.

ideas?

revaaron 06-21-2011 11:29 PM

ok, I think maybe my battery was dead? something like. got it back to downloader and am re-flashing. though I lost some MMS that I got while doing this.

revaaron 06-22-2011 12:04 AM

it's CWM install that isn't working at all... gr....

revaaron 06-22-2011 12:13 AM

ok, I got it. I think that it was the new odin has re-partition checked off.

WanderingMinstrel 06-22-2011 03:48 PM

After modem problem (also reported several times on XDA) resolved itself while I was attempting to flash back to EC05 and an automatic quirky OTA update to EF10, GB has been rocking. Suggest anyone who tries this goes for the update ASAP.
Now I'm just past the fatal 24-hour period in EF10 with no problems.
Pros: No more modem lockup in AM, much better battery life than original EF02 (which was lousy), camera works nicely, GPS is great (loaded first time in 15 sec). Netflix plays (woot). I'm loving it again.
Cons: Slight lag on switch from portrait to landscape, really sensitive touch screen, occasionally noticeable auto-brightness changes.

Best of all, if it craps out again, this time I think I finally know what to do. Learning new stuff is really good for my brain cells.

strickly_ppc670 06-23-2011 06:55 PM

Hey- what is the best way to restore after a flash? Titanium back up or CWM...
I want the new GB with out the headache of restoring every freaking app and
page with icons.

Thanks!