PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.5 (BYOR Edition) Ext4 JOURNALING ON 6/17/2011 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144609)

ptfdmedic 06-16-2011 01:52 AM

[ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.5 (BYOR Edition) Ext4 JOURNALING ON 6/17/2011

Welcome to midNIGHT ROM v5.4 BYOR Edition.

I'm gonna have to rebuild this OP but for now, in a nutshell, this is what I have for you.

midNIGHT ROM v5.4 BYOR Edition: EC05 Uploading currently

Change Log:

This ROM is FULLY tweaked with ALL the standards PLUS Journaling is ON.
midNIGHT Extras has been updated
Restored Clock
updated scripts
LauncherPro (updated)

What you get here is everything you have come to love about the midNIGHT BYOR series with the added stability of Journaling ON. I have personally been having to many issues with Journaling OFF.

While my daily driver is the Nexus S 4G my wife and kids utilize the Epic 4G each and every day. The Epic is my preferred device for Android4Autism. With these devices being dropped (by my kids) and the batteries popping out, everything would just go straight to FC hell. I was reflashing these things all the time as a result. So I integrated the new Bonsai Journaling ON script into my updater script and the result has been a much stabler experience. So I figured I would refresh my last release and share it with all of you.

What will you find in this ROM.

New Default wallpaper (Autism and Fibromyalgia Awareness)
Fascinate Calendar
Contacts
Battery modded Camera (VERY,VERY big Thanks to k0nane)
Task Manager/Hotspot (As they can’t safely be removed)
CIQ Removed
Launcher Pro as default and ONLY included launcher (unistallable)
Bonsai Kernel v4.0.1

VERY BIG THANKS to the Bonsai team for the Journaling ON script. Thanks guys.....

maxxed 06-26-2011 01:20 PM

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v5.5 (BYOR Edition) Ext4 JOURNALING ON 6/17/2011

thanks for this! It would be nice to see a list of tweaks for end users!

ptfdmedic 06-28-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxxed (Post 2120562)
thanks for this! It would be nice to see a list of tweaks for end users!

This has the same tweaks as the previous builds the MAIN difference is Journaling is turned ON during the install. Thank Bonsai for that. I just integrated that into my script.

bigworm82 06-29-2011 09:32 PM

i keep getting an error saying failed to stat "/mnt/sdcard/.bonsai/config.prop" no such file or directory.

How do i fix this?

oranges311 06-29-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigworm82 (Post 2122359)
i keep getting an error saying failed to stat "/mnt/sdcard/.bonsai/config.prop" no such file or directory.

How do i fix this?

Are you using clockwork to flash it? I was getting an error before I read that yuo had to use the bonsai flasher but i dont remember now what it said exactly. if you are using cwm then try downloading the bonsai one from the link pft has up top it worked for me

oranges311 06-29-2011 11:24 PM

can you guys help me find a way to get swype back on here please? i cant seem to find a working file for it

shane6374 06-30-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oranges311 (Post 2122412)
can you guys help me find a way to get swype back on here please? i cant seem to find a working file for it

If you are replacing a version of it yu might need to manually delete the libswypecore in the system/lib folder. Also make sure the package you are going to flash has the apk file and the lib file in it.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk

Anon9mouz 06-30-2011 02:37 AM

Well family be easy I'm moving on up to the nexus s I got a love deal on a brand new one in box 270 tried to get him to go down more but that's still strait for not being able to upgrade. Well I hope rob is doing something in the nexus s 4g world will look forward to it thank u everyone for dealing with all the blond moment questions and helping u out u guys r great take care

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

darren.wlsn1 06-30-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon9mouz (Post 2122477)
Well family be easy I'm moving on up to the nexus s I got a love deal on a brand new one in box 270 tried to get him to go down more but that's still strait for not being able to upgrade. Well I hope rob is doing something in the nexus s 4g world will look forward to it thank u everyone for dealing with all the blond moment questions and helping u out u guys r great take care

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

im gonna lock your sig so you cant change. lol
have fun with new phone and drop me a pm how it is compared to epic cause im also liking it as a 2nd line.

Grateful Dave 08-04-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigworm82 (Post 2122359)

How do i fix this?

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Does this fix it or was it a problem with my download? I am only able to down load through a 3g MIFI card (aka slow download). Is the download file corrupt or do I need to download via Bonsai? I Have CWM 3.0.0.0.6 (don't remember exact numbers). Had Version 5.2 with no problems until battery went so low last night and phone was stuck in start up loop. Had no prblems since march with 5.2, can't odlin from here, what version should I use, need to get phone back in order ASAP. Its my birthday and I don't want to spend it doing this. Thanks

David:drunken::drunken: