PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 11:43 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
[ROM] Android4Autism v1 for the Epic BETA 1

Hey guys. I think everyone is aware by now that I'm preparing to launch Android4Autism. As far as ROM development goes, I think I have the basic structure down for the Epic. I haven't yet worked on anything else, device-wise.

Anyway, this ROM is based on EE05 Froyo and is along the lines of the BYOR Editions previously released under the midNIGHT ROM banner. I have some ideas and a beta currently in place but I still ironing out the final feature set. My goal is to provide future upgrades if at all possible as well.

I will be in need of testers (preferably with young kids) for the Actual ROM itself and feedback on the following:

1) Apps that should be available (keeping in mind this is for a special needs child)
2) Suggestions for FREE children's software from the Market.
3) I'm thinking of replacing the Samsung "splash screen" with a picture of the child receiving the device along with emergency contact information. Thoughts?

Anyway, I will try to get this up in the next day or so. I have spoken with Fede from LauncherPro and was given permission to use that as the devices launcher. I choose LauncherPro because it can easily be customized by the parents and it allows for the hiding of icons like the dialer for example. So thanks to Fede and the team over at LauncherPro for their support.

For the latest updates you can follow me on twitter @Android4Autism

Also on Facebook at Android4Autism

The main site is under construction as is the Facebook page but I am making progress. Baby steps.....right.

Please remember to consider donating your old devices....NOT YET.. Just hang onto them for the time being.

Thanks Everyone....

UPDATE:

The Android4Autism v1 ROM for the Epic is up on the Development Page.

THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. This ROM is a test ROM based on midNIGHT ROM v5.3 EC05.
This ROM is designed for children with Autism. While it will function basically the same as a BYOR Edition it comes with children's apps preinstalled.
I'm interested in how your children can utilize this. I have had a few revisions of this ROM already. In previous revisions I had launcherpro preconfigured to hide all the apps but the kids ones. However, for some reason the apps couldn't be unhidden. So when these devices ship out the extra apps will be hidden.
This is a stable ROM.

In the final build the following will change:

journaling turned on.
The wallpaper will change
more kids and Autism friendly apps

PLease let me know what you guys think.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:43 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: [ROM] Android4Autism v1 for the Epic BETA 1

Reserverd
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
ptfdmedic

mine mine
Old 06-13-2011, 01:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

rob user rileyd the new mod in evo forums also has autistic children so maybe pm him to see if he knows any peeps with epics ect, just a thought.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
rob user rileyd the new mod in evo forums also has autistic children so maybe pm him to see if he knows any peeps with epics ect, just a thought.
Hey Darren, I'd say great but you know.... Thanks for sharing that. Right now I just finished the Android4Autism Epic 4G ROM v1. I just announced on my blog late last night that Intellijoy, the #1 maker of educational apps on the Android Market had agreed to donate ALL of there software for preinstallation on the devices that get donated.

I'm placing a call to Sprint this afternoon to try to get them on board.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:44 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Damn, Rob

I'm very impressed with what you are doing with this. It really looks like this is going to be a success.

Congrats!

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Damn, Rob

I'm very impressed with what you are doing with this. It really looks like this is going to be a success.

Congrats!
+1, great progress rob.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 AM
ptfdmedic

Thanks Darren. I'm meeting with my attorney Friday morning to work out the 501c3 status.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670

Keep up the great work and blogs- I have a 3 yr old with moderate Autism-
I understand the ST,OT and ABA stuff. thanks for all the work and in sight!
----------Priceless ----------
Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
Keep up the great work and blogs- I have a 3 yr old with moderate Autism-
I understand the ST,OT and ABA stuff. thanks for all the work and in sight!
i think its really cool how ppcg has 3 (that i now know of) users with autistic children but also adds to why rob is doing all the stuff he does for autism because the word just needs to be spread way more so maybe our gov. wil stop spending on bullchit and drop some money where it needs to be going. sorry for rant rob but ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development