PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

RandyT is keeping up the good workRandyT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Greetings PPCgeekers,

Wanted to introduce myself to the Epic community over here and let all of you know that we have made the Bonsai v4.1.1 ROM available for General Release.

We've worked hard on this for the past month and I think it shows. Lots of changes to kernel bringing some of the functionality from Gingerbread kernels back to this Froyo based ROM. As a result, battery life is better than we have ever seen and the phone feels even smoother than before.

Give it a try over at Bonsai for Android |.

Also check out our new MasterKey rooting/unlocking app. We are very proud of that and hope it brings a new wave of users to the custom ROM experience. Could not get any easier to unlock your phone.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Welcome to PPCG! Glad to have you!

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-28-2011, 10:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Welcome to PPCG! Glad to have you!
dito, hope you guys hang out with us ppcgeekers.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOGUL, TP1, TP2, EVO, EPIC 4g

nadcicle20 is just getting started

Just got around to giving this a fair shot today.

So far everything looks ok while I am going through my phone again.

I did notice that when i tried to open up my gallery it was painfully slow as if something had to be cached somewhere first. During this time I had a popup that said running out of internal space.

The only two things I had installed at this point was root explorer and move2sdenabler. I used root explorer to find what was taking up all the memory and low and behold I finally found the culprit. It was hiding in /data/local/ and was called tsprsp ..

This is only an assumption, but my guess is this is the local cache of some sort? I guess I should ask that as a question instead. Ok, Is tsprsp a cache of some sort?

I've read a few other places saying it was ok to delete as long as you reboot your phone right afterwards.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadcicle20 View Post
Just got around to giving this a fair shot today.

So far everything looks ok while I am going through my phone again.

I did notice that when i tried to open up my gallery it was painfully slow as if something had to be cached somewhere first. During this time I had a popup that said running out of internal space.

The only two things I had installed at this point was root explorer and move2sdenabler. I used root explorer to find what was taking up all the memory and low and behold I finally found the culprit. It was hiding in /data/local/ and was called tsprsp ..

This is only an assumption, but my guess is this is the local cache of some sort? I guess I should ask that as a question instead. Ok, Is tsprsp a cache of some sort?

I've read a few other places saying it was ok to delete as long as you reboot your phone right afterwards.
Ran into this a couple times in early testing, but seemed to be solved by proper initialization of /data. Seems we are going to need to create this directory since whatever app needs it is not smart enough to create what it needs. Will look at doing this in a future update. The delete and reboot seems to clear up the issue.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
Ran into this a couple times in early testing, but seemed to be solved by proper initialization of /data. Seems we are going to need to create this directory since whatever app needs it is not smart enough to create what it needs. Will look at doing this in a future update. The delete and reboot seems to clear up the issue.

I know it might seem a little late now, but i just read that some were having issues going directly from ec05 stock to your rom.

I am now trying directly from eb13 like suggested as we speak.

Furthermore, I wasn't aware until i received my forth voicemail, but I cannot receive phone calls at all once I install the rom as well. I hope that clears up with coming directly from eb13 as well.

I will report back as soon as I finish the flash.

Edited:

Ok, so flash from eb13 and all will be fine. No problems from there.

Last edited by nadcicle20; 05-30-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadcicle20 View Post
I know it might seem a little late now, but i just read that some were having issues going directly from ec05 stock to your rom.

I am now trying directly from eb13 like suggested as we speak.

Furthermore, I wasn't aware until i received my forth voicemail, but I cannot receive phone calls at all once I install the rom as well. I hope that clears up with coming directly from eb13 as well.

I will report back as soon as I finish the flash.

Edited:

Ok, so flash from eb13 and all will be fine. No problems from there.
We'll dig into this more. We've had troubles coming from EC05 for a couple of releases now. Thanks for the feedback.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:06 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Randy, glad to see you over here finally. I've been running the midNIGHT ROM almost exclusively since Rob started it, but I know its based on your work, so I wanted to thank you personally. I was jumping back and forth between Viper and Bonsai for a couple of months until Rob showed up, but I'm going to flash this one and run it for awhile. I'll be sure to give you some feedback. Welcome to PPCG. I hope you like it here.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, quadrant and other benchmarks aside this feels to be the smoothed my phone has ever ran. The only other thing I see myself flashing before ginger bread official is a ginger bread theme.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Randy, glad to see you over here finally. I've been running the midNIGHT ROM almost exclusively since Rob started it, but I know its based on your work, so I wanted to thank you personally. I was jumping back and forth between Viper and Bonsai for a couple of months until Rob showed up, but I'm going to flash this one and run it for awhile. I'll be sure to give you some feedback. Welcome to PPCG. I hope you like it here.
Thanks for the Thanks Johnny. Hope you enjoy the new ROM. Rob urged me to get over here and poke my head in . Glad I did.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development