PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144033)

RandyT 05-28-2011 01:59 PM

[ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Greetings PPCgeekers,

Wanted to introduce myself to the Epic community over here and let all of you know that we have made the Bonsai v4.1.1 ROM available for General Release.

We've worked hard on this for the past month and I think it shows. Lots of changes to kernel bringing some of the functionality from Gingerbread kernels back to this Froyo based ROM. As a result, battery life is better than we have ever seen and the phone feels even smoother than before.

Give it a try over at Bonsai for Android |.

Also check out our new MasterKey rooting/unlocking app. We are very proud of that and hope it brings a new wave of users to the custom ROM experience. Could not get any easier to unlock your phone.

gTen 05-28-2011 02:52 PM

Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Welcome to PPCG! Glad to have you!

darren.wlsn1 05-28-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2108073)
Welcome to PPCG! Glad to have you!

dito, hope you guys hang out with us ppcgeekers.

nadcicle20 05-30-2011 01:25 PM

Just got around to giving this a fair shot today.

So far everything looks ok while I am going through my phone again.

I did notice that when i tried to open up my gallery it was painfully slow as if something had to be cached somewhere first. During this time I had a popup that said running out of internal space.

The only two things I had installed at this point was root explorer and move2sdenabler. I used root explorer to find what was taking up all the memory and low and behold I finally found the culprit. It was hiding in /data/local/ and was called tsprsp ..

This is only an assumption, but my guess is this is the local cache of some sort? I guess I should ask that as a question instead. Ok, Is tsprsp a cache of some sort?

I've read a few other places saying it was ok to delete as long as you reboot your phone right afterwards.

RandyT 05-30-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadcicle20 (Post 2108544)
Just got around to giving this a fair shot today.

So far everything looks ok while I am going through my phone again.

I did notice that when i tried to open up my gallery it was painfully slow as if something had to be cached somewhere first. During this time I had a popup that said running out of internal space.

The only two things I had installed at this point was root explorer and move2sdenabler. I used root explorer to find what was taking up all the memory and low and behold I finally found the culprit. It was hiding in /data/local/ and was called tsprsp ..

This is only an assumption, but my guess is this is the local cache of some sort? I guess I should ask that as a question instead. Ok, Is tsprsp a cache of some sort?

I've read a few other places saying it was ok to delete as long as you reboot your phone right afterwards.

Ran into this a couple times in early testing, but seemed to be solved by proper initialization of /data. Seems we are going to need to create this directory since whatever app needs it is not smart enough to create what it needs. Will look at doing this in a future update. The delete and reboot seems to clear up the issue.

nadcicle20 05-30-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyT (Post 2108596)
Ran into this a couple times in early testing, but seemed to be solved by proper initialization of /data. Seems we are going to need to create this directory since whatever app needs it is not smart enough to create what it needs. Will look at doing this in a future update. The delete and reboot seems to clear up the issue.

I know it might seem a little late now, but i just read that some were having issues going directly from ec05 stock to your rom.

I am now trying directly from eb13 like suggested as we speak.

Furthermore, I wasn't aware until i received my forth voicemail, but I cannot receive phone calls at all once I install the rom as well. I hope that clears up with coming directly from eb13 as well.

I will report back as soon as I finish the flash.

Edited:

Ok, so flash from eb13 and all will be fine. No problems from there.

RandyT 05-30-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadcicle20 (Post 2108601)
I know it might seem a little late now, but i just read that some were having issues going directly from ec05 stock to your rom.

I am now trying directly from eb13 like suggested as we speak.

Furthermore, I wasn't aware until i received my forth voicemail, but I cannot receive phone calls at all once I install the rom as well. I hope that clears up with coming directly from eb13 as well.

I will report back as soon as I finish the flash.

Edited:

Ok, so flash from eb13 and all will be fine. No problems from there.

We'll dig into this more. We've had troubles coming from EC05 for a couple of releases now. Thanks for the feedback.

Johnny.Bravo 05-30-2011 11:06 PM

Randy, glad to see you over here finally. I've been running the midNIGHT ROM almost exclusively since Rob started it, but I know its based on your work, so I wanted to thank you personally. I was jumping back and forth between Viper and Bonsai for a couple of months until Rob showed up, but I'm going to flash this one and run it for awhile. I'll be sure to give you some feedback. Welcome to PPCG. I hope you like it here.

nadcicle20 05-31-2011 07:15 AM

Well, quadrant and other benchmarks aside this feels to be the smoothed my phone has ever ran. The only other thing I see myself flashing before ginger bread official is a ginger bread theme.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

RandyT 05-31-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2108657)
Randy, glad to see you over here finally. I've been running the midNIGHT ROM almost exclusively since Rob started it, but I know its based on your work, so I wanted to thank you personally. I was jumping back and forth between Viper and Bonsai for a couple of months until Rob showed up, but I'm going to flash this one and run it for awhile. I'll be sure to give you some feedback. Welcome to PPCG. I hope you like it here.

Thanks for the Thanks Johnny. Hope you enjoy the new ROM. Rob urged me to get over here and poke my head in . Glad I did.

RandyT 05-31-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadcicle20 (Post 2108742)
Well, quadrant and other benchmarks aside this feels to be the smoothed my phone has ever ran. The only other thing I see myself flashing before ginger bread official is a ginger bread theme.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it is up and running for you. Enjoy

Johnny.Bravo 06-05-2011 07:10 AM

I just wanted to share my experience flashing the new 4.1.1. I finally got around to doing it yesterday morning, and at first it was a nightmare (mostly my own fault though). I decided that since I was running the midNIGHT ROM v5.3 - which uses Bonsai 4.1 as a base - that I would just flash it right over top and not clear anything first. Suffice it to say that it was a bad idea. It froze up every 2 or 3 minutes to where I had to pull the battery. Then after the 4th time doing that it rebooted and started getting FC’s like crazy. Eventually I gave up, Odin’ed back to EB13, rooted with the Bonsai MasterKey, flashed 4.1.1 and the restored everything with MyBackup Root. Worked like a charm on the first try. This ROM is amazing. Its fast, stable, and after 12 hours my battery is still over 60%.
I am very impressed.

**EDIT**
Just wanted to post an update. I usually plug in my phone every night, but I left it off the charger last night to see just how long the battery would last. When I went to bed my battery was right at 60%. I just woke up and its at 52%. Granted, I have the wi-fi turned on which usually reduces battery consumption, but still….almost 24 hours and I’m still above 50%. That’s impressive. Great job guys.

Oh, and for the inquiring minds that want to know, yesterday was a fairly typical day as far as usage goes. a couple of dozen short phone calls and some moderate usage of Maps and the internet. I’ll report back after a heavy usage day when I am using the navigation and the bluetooth and let everyone know how the battery life compares.

latinlover515 06-11-2011 07:55 AM

i have to admit. this is one of the best ROMS ever. all my respects goes to syndicate team and midnight team and what ever other team that creates ROM. they are also good ROMS. but this ROM its totally insane and smooth. I LOVE IT... now is this ROM rfs or ext4? shoot what ever it is it rocks. thanks Bonsai and Randy T for bringing out a great ROM.... By the way what i like the most of this ROM is that if i do a factory data reset the ROM will return back with the orignal APPS that came with it. of coarse i loose the ones i install but the ROM comes back up with all that apps that came with it... wich its a good thing... in other words its almost like a legit sprint ROM.. On most ROMS if you do a factory reset you loose the apps that came with that particular ROM. only if you had a nandroid backup maybe that ill be your only salvation. but not on this ROM wich its great...

RandyT 06-11-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2114343)
i have to admit. this is one of the best ROMS ever. all my respects goes to syndicate team and midnight team and what ever other team that creates ROM. they are also good ROMS. but this ROM its totally insane and smooth. I LOVE IT... now is this ROM rfs or ext4? shoot what ever it is it rocks. thanks Bonsai and Randy T for bringing out a great ROM.... By the way what i like the most of this ROM is that if i do a factory data reset the ROM will return back with the orignal APPS that came with it. of coarse i loose the ones i install but the ROM comes back up with all that apps that came with it... wich its a good thing... in other words its almost like a legit sprint ROM.. On most ROMS if you do a factory reset you loose the apps that came with that particular ROM. only if you had a nandroid backup maybe that ill be your only salvation. but not on this ROM wich its great...

Glad to hear that Bonsai is working for you.

The ROM uses an ext4 and the default install does not enable journaling. We have another pre-install patch that you can apply that will force the install to create filesystem journals if you would prefer that configuration at the expense of some performance.

ptfdmedic 06-11-2011 10:21 PM

Randy,

I told you this was a great place..... :)

ptfdmedic 06-11-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2111466)
I just wanted to share my experience flashing the new 4.1.1. I finally got around to doing it yesterday morning, and at first it was a nightmare (mostly my own fault though). I decided that since I was running the midNIGHT ROM v5.3 - which uses Bonsai 4.1 as a base - that I would just flash it right over top and not clear anything first. Suffice it to say that it was a bad idea. It froze up every 2 or 3 minutes to where I had to pull the battery. Then after the 4th time doing that it rebooted and started getting FC’s like crazy. Eventually I gave up, Odin’ed back to EB13, rooted with the Bonsai MasterKey, flashed 4.1.1 and the restored everything with MyBackup Root. Worked like a charm on the first try. This ROM is amazing. Its fast, stable, and after 12 hours my battery is still over 60%.
I am very impressed.

**EDIT**
Just wanted to post an update. I usually plug in my phone every night, but I left it off the charger last night to see just how long the battery would last. When I went to bed my battery was right at 60%. I just woke up and its at 52%. Granted, I have the wi-fi turned on which usually reduces battery consumption, but still….almost 24 hours and I’m still above 50%. That’s impressive. Great job guys.

Oh, and for the inquiring minds that want to know, yesterday was a fairly typical day as far as usage goes. a couple of dozen short phone calls and some moderate usage of Maps and the internet. I’ll report back after a heavy usage day when I am using the navigation and the bluetooth and let everyone know how the battery life compares.

The reason you probably ran into problems is because there are some differences. Just as an example, I port apps from other devices (Email, calendar ect).... When data is restored it will FC because the data is from a different app... My calendar is pulled from the Fascinate as is the email. When the backup and restore process does it's thing it's restoring the calendar and email data to a different version of calendar and email (present in the bonsai release)so you will FC.

When you wipe and reflash you avoid that problem....

Off topic....how are you doing. I got your PM and I replied but never heard back.

Johnny.Bravo 06-11-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2114564)
The reason you probably ran into problems is because there are some differences. Just as an example, I port apps from other devices (Email, calendar ect).... When data is restored it will FC because the data is from a different app... My calendar is pulled from the Fascinate as is the email. When the backup and restore process does it's thing it's restoring the calendar and email data to a different version of calendar and email (present in the bonsai release)so you will FC.

When you wipe and reflash you avoid that problem....

Off topic....how are you doing. I got your PM and I replied but never heard back.

I figured that was the case. I only tried flashing it over yours just to prove to myself what I already expected.

And things are going great. I still don't officially have a job yet, but things are looking very good. I should have some news in a week or so. And I got my wife an Epic (she finally caved in and admitted that my phone was way cooler than hers and told me she wanted one) so now I have two I can play around with.

latinlover515 06-12-2011 08:22 AM

now this is the first time ever i see and heard about Bonsai MasterKey... ok with Bonsai-MasterKey i can do the same as Clockwork3.0.0.6 to flash midnight ROMs or synditicate ROMs or wich ever ROM there is? or for me to go back to midnight or other ROMS i have to odin back to EB13 and install clockwork 3.0.0.6? or i can flash all ROMs using Bonsai MasterKey? iam only asking becuase in all previous ROMS they allways mentioned odin back to what ever ROM and install clockwork 3.0>>>. but see now we are talking about Bonsai-MasterKey. i know they both pretty much do the same.. but iam just double checking to make sure that BonsaiMasterKey its better the CWM 3 or CWM its better then Bonsai MasterKey becuase Bonsai has something that CWM doesnt have or viseversa....... just double checking thanks guys...

gorelow 06-12-2011 02:46 PM

hi can someone tell me how to add programs onto the bottom of the bar. i deleted talk and music and thought that would leave spoaces but i cant figure out how to do it. thanks

Johnny.Bravo 06-12-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 2114679)
hi can someone tell me how to add programs onto the bottom of the bar. i deleted talk and music and thought that would leave spoaces but i cant figure out how to do it. thanks

Its super easy. Just drag the icon down into the dock bar. It will resize itself automatically. IDK how many it will hold, but I have 12 on there now and it just keeps letting me add more. I know it looks like there is no space, but there is. It just automatically resizes itself based on how many icons you have placed there.

latinlover515 06-12-2011 07:37 PM

does anyone has an answer? this is the first time ever i see and heard about Bonsai MasterKey... ok with Bonsai-MasterKey i can do the same as Clockwork3.0.0.6? for example let say i want to flash midnight ROMs or synditicate ROMs dcan i use bonsai masterkey or do i have to use clockwork 3.0.0.6? or i can flash all ROMs using [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Bonsai[/COLOR][/COLOR] MasterKey? iam only asking becuase in all previous ROMS like syndicate or midnight they allways mentioned odin back to stock ROM and install clockwork 3.0.0.6. but see now we are talking about Bonsai-MasterKey. i know they both pretty much have the same features.. but iam just double checking to make sure that BonsaiMasterKey its only for bonsai ROMS and that CWM 3 its only for midnight and syndicate and other ROMS. iam just checking to do things the right way..thanks guys...

Johnny.Bravo 06-12-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2114746)
does anyone has an answer? this is the first time ever i see and heard about Bonsai MasterKey... ok with Bonsai-MasterKey i can do the same as Clockwork3.0.0.6? for example let say i want to flash midnight ROMs or synditicate ROMs dcan i use bonsai masterkey or do i have to use clockwork 3.0.0.6? or i can flash all ROMs using [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Bonsai[/COLOR][/COLOR] MasterKey? iam only asking becuase in all previous ROMS like syndicate or midnight they allways mentioned odin back to stock ROM and install clockwork 3.0.0.6. but see now we are talking about Bonsai-MasterKey. i know they both pretty much have the same features.. but iam just double checking to make sure that BonsaiMasterKey its only for bonsai ROMS and that CWM 3 its only for midnight and syndicate and other ROMS. iam just checking to do things the right way..thanks guys...

The way I understand it, the Bonsai Master Key is a faster, cleaned up version of CWM3. i would PM RandyT and ask him to clarify.

gTen 06-12-2011 07:48 PM

I haven't gotten around to trying out Bonsai-MasterKey yet...but if I am not mistaken Bonsai-MasterKey just installs clockwork for you...similar to how one click installs clockwork for you..it should install the latest clockworkmod that is EXT4/RFS compatible..and I think it lets you turn journaling on and ofcourse root as well...kidna like a more complete one click root...

Johnny.Bravo 06-12-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2114752)
I haven't gotten around to trying out Bonsai-MasterKey yet...but if I am not mistaken Bonsai-MasterKey just installs clockwork for you...similar to how one click installs clockwork for you..it should install the latest clockworkmod that is EXT4/RFS compatible..and I think it lets you turn journaling on and ofcourse root as well...kidna like a more complete one click root...

I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it is really nice. It roots your phone and installs with literally one click. And if you ever have to Odin back to a stock ROM this makes rooting your phone again a breeze. By far the easiest and fastest root method yet.

darren.wlsn1 06-13-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2114773)
I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it is really nice. It roots your phone and installs with literally one click. And if you ever have to Odin back to a stock ROM this makes rooting your phone again a breeze. By far the easiest and fastest root method yet.

well said and im using there new kernel and it kicks ass plus it installs master key so if you guys got 5$ extra laying around i highly recommend you donate to get beta goodies.

gTen 06-13-2011 01:33 AM

I plan on using it but so far I kinda rooted my Epic in a hurry cause I needed tethering ASAP (TP2 was acting funky)...I plan on trying it..that I do..just work has been hectic lately :(

gorelow 06-13-2011 11:27 AM

ok, i admit it. love words with friends but on this rom it keeps force closing. anyone else playing it and having that problem

latinlover515 06-14-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 2114924)
ok, i admit it. love words with friends but on this rom it keeps force closing. anyone else playing it and having that problem

AS I STATED 3 DAYS AGO. THIS WAS THE BEST ROM I EVER TESTED... AND THE NICES LOOK I EVER SEEING.. BUT ONTIL YESTERDAY THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU STARTED HAPPENING TO ME. I EVEN GOT SO PISSED OFF THAT I SMASHED MY PHONE ON THE FLOOR. LUCKY ME IT DIDNT BREAK. SO I HAD TO ODIN BACK TO STOCK EC05 AND INSTALL MASTER KEY BACK. AND SO FAR ITS BEEING 24 WITH NO HASSELS. BUT YES YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE..

ptfdmedic 06-14-2011 08:18 PM

Hey guys the Master Key is bascially a much improved OneClickRoot. Randy has done a lot of work to clean up clockwork mod and make it fully functional, including, i believe, usb mount. I have been playing around it for a while now and it's hands down the best way to root and install CW3. Their goal is to make MasterKey a universal rooting app. I'm not sure if any of you are aware of who Randy is but you should google him sometime, just for fun. His credentials are VERY impressive.

I'm really glad they have moved in here. This is a great community and Bonsai is a great development team....

ptfdmedic 06-14-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2115373)
AS I STATED 3 DAYS AGO. THIS WAS THE BEST ROM I EVER TESTED... AND THE NICES LOOK I EVER SEEING.. BUT ONTIL YESTERDAY THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU STARTED HAPPENING TO ME. I EVEN GOT SO PISSED OFF THAT I SMASHED MY PHONE ON THE FLOOR. LUCKY ME IT DIDNT BREAK. SO I HAD TO ODIN BACK TO STOCK EC05 AND INSTALL MASTER KEY BACK. AND SO FAR ITS BEEING 24 WITH NO HASSELS. BUT YES YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE..

Inside voice...please :)

You will run into this type of thing from time to time with ANY ROM. Perhaps, if you provided more information about your problem, like is Journaling On or Off, just as an example, we could help you out a bit more. I'm sure we can help you but we'll need more information about your specific setup...

gTen 06-14-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

If you can replicate this..do a logcat..that should help figure out the problem.

latinlover515 06-14-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2115379)
Inside voice...please :)

You will run into this type of thing from time to time with ANY ROM. Perhaps, if you provided more information about your problem, like is Journaling On or Off, just as an example, we could help you out a bit more. I'm sure we can help you but we'll need more information about your specific setup...

well iam not using journaling since i dont know what that is for. i have seein that term for the past 3 months but since iam not familiar with it then i dont play with it. all i did was go back to stock EB13 use master key as a root. then i went to the clockwork bootlader or what ever its called and clear data chache and davil 4 times each. shoot i even went to mount and store right there on master key boolader and format system data and cache. got out of there and rebooted master key again then i flashed the ROM. and it was working good for a day or 2 ontil crap hitted the fan yesterday. and we are talking about 2 epic doing the same thing almost at the same time. since i flashed both of them the same way on the same day. so i had to go back to stock EC05 on both and them and root again... i have been on stock again since yesterday...

Johnny.Bravo 06-14-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2115392)
well iam not using journaling since i dont know what that is for. i have seein that term for the past 3 months but since iam not familiar with it then i dont play with it. all i did was go back to stock EB13 use master key as a root. then i went to the clockwork bootlader or what ever its called and clear data chache and davil 4 times each. shoot i even went to mount and store right there on master key boolader and format system data and cache. got out of there and rebooted master key again then i flashed the ROM. and it was working good for a day or 2 ontil crap hitted the fan yesterday. and we are talking about 2 epic doing the same thing almost at the same time. since i flashed both of them the same way on the same day. so i had to go back to stock EC05 on both and them and root again... i have been on stock again since yesterday...

Journaling refers to the Android operating system constantly saving what you are doing to the memory of the phone. Its a backup in case you suddenly lose power or your phone freezes to make sure you don't lose any data. Its a good idea in theory, but it slows down the phone. If we turn the journaling off it speeds up the phone, but leaves you at risk for losing data if your battery dies or your phone crashes. Honestly, the risk is minimal and unless you are working on the cure for cancer on your phone, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As far as your install process goes, you need to wipe the user data, cache and dalvik AFTER running the Bonsai Master Key and BEFORE flashing the new ROM. That should clear up your problems. I have done this 3 times on my phone and now on the Epic I just bought for my wife and I have had no problems at all.

latinlover515 06-14-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2115394)
Journaling refers to the Android operating system constantly saving what you are doing to the memory of the phone. Its a backup in case you suddenly lose power or your phone freezes to make sure you don't lose any data. Its a good idea in theory, but it slows down the phone. If we turn the journaling off it speeds up the phone, but leaves you at risk for losing data if your battery dies or your phone crashes. Honestly, the risk is minimal and unless you are working on the cure for cancer on your phone, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As far as your install process goes, you need to wipe the user data, cache and dalvik AFTER running the Bonsai Master Key and BEFORE flashing the new ROM. That should clear up your problems. I have done this 3 times on my phone and now on the Epic I just bought for my wife and I have had no problems at all.

wwell thats how i normally do before changing ROMS. i wipe all 3 3 or 4 times each then flash the ROM.. but when i installed the Bonsai ROM here is what i did.

1. clear data cache and dalvik 4 times each.
i2. went into mount and storage and format system data and cache 4 times each.
3. and the last step was flash the ROM.

i dont know if what i did was good or not... to me i did it right but hey if i missed something then i dont know..

Johnny.Bravo 06-14-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2115398)
wwell thats how i normally do before changing ROMS. i wipe all 3 3 or 4 times each then flash the ROM.. but when i installed the Bonsai ROM here is what i did.

1. clear data cache and dalvik 4 times each.
i2. went into mount and storage and format system data and cache 4 times each.
3. and the last step was flash the ROM.

i dont know if what i did was good or not... to me i did it right but hey if i missed something then i dont know..

Did you start from stock EB13 or EC05? I have heard from several people that it works better if you are on EB13. Every time I have done it I have been on a clean, freshly Odin'ed EB13 and I have had no problems.

latinlover515 06-15-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2115409)
Did you start from stock EB13 or EC05? I have heard from several people that it works better if you are on EB13. Every time I have done it I have been on a clean, freshly Odin'ed EB13 and I have had no problems.

yes i rooted from stock virgin EB13 then installed bonsai master key as a root... i always had issues when rooting on EC05 stock ROM. i usually get some damn error like this:

busybox: /system/xbin/insmod: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/install: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/kbd_mode: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/kill: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/killall: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ln: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/loadfont: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/loadkmap: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ls: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/lsmod: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/md5sum: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mkdir: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mkpasswd: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/modinfo: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/modprobe: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/more: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mount: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/mv: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/netstat: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/nohup: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/nslookup: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/openvt: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pidof: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ping: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pipe_progress: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/printenv: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/ps: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pscan: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/pwd: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/readlink: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/realpath: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/renice: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/reset: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/rev: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/rm: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/rmmod: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/route: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/setconsole: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/setkeycodes: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/setlogcons: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sh: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/showkey: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sleep: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/smemcap: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sort: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/start-stop-daemon: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/stat: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sum: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/sync: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tail: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tar: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/test: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/time: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/top: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/touch: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tr: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/traceroute: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/true: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/tty: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/umount: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/uname: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/unix2dos: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/unxz: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/unzip: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/uptime: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/usleep: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/vi: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/wc: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/wget: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/which: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/who: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/whoami: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/xz: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/xzcat: No space left on device
busybox: /system/xbin/zcat: No space left on device

and the list keeps going down.. now when ever i had rooted on stock EB13 i never get that error.. and by the way iam talking about the traditional one click root clockwork 3.0.0.6. i dont know if using bonsai master key as a root on stock EC05 ii will get the same error or not... i dont know if the space error its somethiing commmon on these Epics or not. i even made a thread about it not too long ago and nothing was said about it.. or i should say nobodyseems to have that issue. but in another forum i saw another guy wondering how to fix the same error. but not much was said about it eather..

RandyT 06-15-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2115508)
yes i rooted from stock virgin EB13 then installed bonsai master key as a root... i always had issues when rooting on EC05 stock ROM. i usually get some damn error like this:

busybox: /system/xbin/insmod: No space left on device
and the list keeps going down.. now when ever i had rooted on stock EB13 i never get that error.. and by the way iam talking about the traditional one click root clockwork 3.0.0.6. i dont know if using bonsai master key as a root on stock EC05 ii will get the same error or not... i dont know if the space error its somethiing commmon on these Epics or not. i even made a thread about it not too long ago and nothing was said about it.. or i should say nobodyseems to have that issue. but in another forum i saw another guy wondering how to fix the same error. but not much was said about it eather..

Are you using a .pit file when you flash back to stock? Sounds like partitions on the phone are not getting laid out properly. The MasterKey process doesn't really do anything differently in the root process, so I would expect the same results no matter which method you use to root the phone.

latinlover515 06-15-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyT (Post 2115599)
Are you using a .pit file when you flash back to stock? Sounds like partitions on the phone are not getting laid out properly. The MasterKey process doesn't really do anything differently in the root process, so I would expect the same results no matter which method you use to root the phone.

Yes I do use a pit. well at leat the ones that came on the zip. i use the Odin 1.61 along with victory_8G_100528.pit that came on the same zip.. and for stock TAR file i use official SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar. and normally everytime that I odin back to EC05 and try rooting with clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i get that damn error. now if i just oding back to stock EB13 and try rooting using clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i dont get that error.. so the question is why it does that? or how can i fix the phone partitions or what ever its causing this issue?

kennyglass 06-15-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Just poking my head in here as well. Bonsai is awesome! Been on it since 3.0.0.
Words with Friends is a little ticklish on ROMs that have even the slightest overclocking. I saw one dude say to force stop it then reopen it and to stop the tiles from shuffling constantly. As for the FC did you try clearing data in it?

kennyglass 06-15-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinlover515 (Post 2115689)
Yes I do use a pit. well at leat the ones that came on the zip. i use the Odin 1.61 along with victory_8G_100528.pit that came on the same zip.. and for stock TAR file i use official SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar. and normally everytime that I odin back to EC05 and try rooting with clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i get that damn error. now if i just oding back to stock EB13 and try rooting using clockwork 2.5 or clockwork 3.0.0.6 i dont get that error.. so the question is why it does that? or how can i fix the phone partitions or what ever its causing this issue?

You need to delete Asphalt demo and HD game demo. You can try moving as many apps as possible to the SD card. The CWM 2.5 or 3.0.0.6 are supposed to delete Asphalt and make room. Are you running the run.bat from the directory you installed it in? EC05 has way too much bloatware in it and busybox has no room to install and do its thing.