PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144033)

RandyT 05-28-2011 01:59 PM

[ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Greetings PPCgeekers,

Wanted to introduce myself to the Epic community over here and let all of you know that we have made the Bonsai v4.1.1 ROM available for General Release.

We've worked hard on this for the past month and I think it shows. Lots of changes to kernel bringing some of the functionality from Gingerbread kernels back to this Froyo based ROM. As a result, battery life is better than we have ever seen and the phone feels even smoother than before.

Give it a try over at Bonsai for Android |.

Also check out our new MasterKey rooting/unlocking app. We are very proud of that and hope it brings a new wave of users to the custom ROM experience. Could not get any easier to unlock your phone.

gTen 05-28-2011 02:52 PM

Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Welcome to PPCG! Glad to have you!

darren.wlsn1 05-28-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2108073)
Welcome to PPCG! Glad to have you!

dito, hope you guys hang out with us ppcgeekers.

nadcicle20 05-30-2011 01:25 PM

Just got around to giving this a fair shot today.

So far everything looks ok while I am going through my phone again.

I did notice that when i tried to open up my gallery it was painfully slow as if something had to be cached somewhere first. During this time I had a popup that said running out of internal space.

The only two things I had installed at this point was root explorer and move2sdenabler. I used root explorer to find what was taking up all the memory and low and behold I finally found the culprit. It was hiding in /data/local/ and was called tsprsp ..

This is only an assumption, but my guess is this is the local cache of some sort? I guess I should ask that as a question instead. Ok, Is tsprsp a cache of some sort?

I've read a few other places saying it was ok to delete as long as you reboot your phone right afterwards.

RandyT 05-30-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadcicle20 (Post 2108544)
Just got around to giving this a fair shot today.

So far everything looks ok while I am going through my phone again.

I did notice that when i tried to open up my gallery it was painfully slow as if something had to be cached somewhere first. During this time I had a popup that said running out of internal space.

The only two things I had installed at this point was root explorer and move2sdenabler. I used root explorer to find what was taking up all the memory and low and behold I finally found the culprit. It was hiding in /data/local/ and was called tsprsp ..

This is only an assumption, but my guess is this is the local cache of some sort? I guess I should ask that as a question instead. Ok, Is tsprsp a cache of some sort?

I've read a few other places saying it was ok to delete as long as you reboot your phone right afterwards.

Ran into this a couple times in early testing, but seemed to be solved by proper initialization of /data. Seems we are going to need to create this directory since whatever app needs it is not smart enough to create what it needs. Will look at doing this in a future update. The delete and reboot seems to clear up the issue.

nadcicle20 05-30-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyT (Post 2108596)
Ran into this a couple times in early testing, but seemed to be solved by proper initialization of /data. Seems we are going to need to create this directory since whatever app needs it is not smart enough to create what it needs. Will look at doing this in a future update. The delete and reboot seems to clear up the issue.

I know it might seem a little late now, but i just read that some were having issues going directly from ec05 stock to your rom.

I am now trying directly from eb13 like suggested as we speak.

Furthermore, I wasn't aware until i received my forth voicemail, but I cannot receive phone calls at all once I install the rom as well. I hope that clears up with coming directly from eb13 as well.

I will report back as soon as I finish the flash.

Edited:

Ok, so flash from eb13 and all will be fine. No problems from there.

RandyT 05-30-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadcicle20 (Post 2108601)
I know it might seem a little late now, but i just read that some were having issues going directly from ec05 stock to your rom.

I am now trying directly from eb13 like suggested as we speak.

Furthermore, I wasn't aware until i received my forth voicemail, but I cannot receive phone calls at all once I install the rom as well. I hope that clears up with coming directly from eb13 as well.

I will report back as soon as I finish the flash.

Edited:

Ok, so flash from eb13 and all will be fine. No problems from there.

We'll dig into this more. We've had troubles coming from EC05 for a couple of releases now. Thanks for the feedback.

Johnny.Bravo 05-30-2011 11:06 PM

Randy, glad to see you over here finally. I've been running the midNIGHT ROM almost exclusively since Rob started it, but I know its based on your work, so I wanted to thank you personally. I was jumping back and forth between Viper and Bonsai for a couple of months until Rob showed up, but I'm going to flash this one and run it for awhile. I'll be sure to give you some feedback. Welcome to PPCG. I hope you like it here.

nadcicle20 05-31-2011 07:15 AM

Well, quadrant and other benchmarks aside this feels to be the smoothed my phone has ever ran. The only other thing I see myself flashing before ginger bread official is a ginger bread theme.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

RandyT 05-31-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2108657)
Randy, glad to see you over here finally. I've been running the midNIGHT ROM almost exclusively since Rob started it, but I know its based on your work, so I wanted to thank you personally. I was jumping back and forth between Viper and Bonsai for a couple of months until Rob showed up, but I'm going to flash this one and run it for awhile. I'll be sure to give you some feedback. Welcome to PPCG. I hope you like it here.

Thanks for the Thanks Johnny. Hope you enjoy the new ROM. Rob urged me to get over here and poke my head in . Glad I did.