PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

OK - I just flashed the beta V5 .B13 ROM. Everything's up and running - question...is flashing the Bonsai v4.1.3.RC7 kernel recommended for this build or is it intended for the Bonsai v4.1.1 ROM only?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
OK - I just flashed the beta V5 .B13 ROM. Everything's up and running - question...is flashing the Bonsai v4.1.3.RC7 kernel recommended for this build or is it intended for the Bonsai v4.1.1 ROM only?
use whats in gb sir.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 AM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Does anyone know of a working Sprint Visual Voicemail apk for this? I've tried Google Voice a couple of times in the past but I just don't care for it much (too many quirks IMO).
Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
Does anyone know of a working Sprint Visual Voicemail apk for this? I've tried Google Voice a couple of times in the past but I just don't care for it much (too many quirks IMO).
gv has quirks compared to sprints bs? if your talking gb release lots of people have issues with leak using sprint but gb talk really needs to be discussed on bosai site imo cause this thread is still EC05 thread.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

yahknow1 is just getting started

Can you tell me if the Voodoo Control Patch will work with this ROM?

One other thing: where is the list of everything this ROM has in it? It seems to me I was reading through it the other day and today I can't find it anywhere?

Anyway, thanks
Paul
Old 07-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RandyT is keeping up the good workRandyT is keeping up the good work

If you mean the Voodoo Control App, then yes, it will work on this ROM. This ROM includes Voodoo sound v10.

You can find more detail about the ROM in the release notes on Bonsai Installation Instructions | Bonsai for Android

I'd recommend checking out the notes for both v4.1.1 and v4.1.3 to get full picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
Can you tell me if the Voodoo Control Patch will work with this ROM?

One other thing: where is the list of everything this ROM has in it? It seems to me I was reading through it the other day and today I can't find it anywhere?

Anyway, thanks
Paul
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sweet! Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I was preparing to flash the bonsai 4.0 ROM last night and the instructions told me to gather two files. Bonsai4All Leafless v4.0.0.0.zip and EC05 Modem Update.zip. I proceeded through your checkout system where it placed two files in my cart. I thought the two files( in the cart) would be the correct files? They turned out to both be the same ZIP file ( 4.0.3 I think? I'm not exactly sure as I'm at work now ) Either way the modem file was NOT included in my download? My dilemma is this: Should I proceed to flash my ROM without first getting the modem update file?
Sorry for asking this twice, (first time was on the bonsai site)but it turns out I can't access your forums through my works firewall so I'll just ask it here instead.
Thank you!
Paul
Old 07-20-2011, 12:16 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
I was preparing to flash the bonsai 4.0 ROM last night and the instructions told me to gather two files. Bonsai4All Leafless v4.0.0.0.zip and EC05 Modem Update.zip. I proceeded through your checkout system where it placed two files in my cart. I thought the two files( in the cart) would be the correct files? They turned out to both be the same ZIP file ( 4.0.3 I think? I'm not exactly sure as I'm at work now ) Either way the modem file was NOT included in my download? My dilemma is this: Should I proceed to flash my ROM without first getting the modem update file?
Sorry for asking this twice, (first time was on the bonsai site)but it turns out I can't access your forums through my works firewall so I'll just ask it here instead.
Thank you!
Paul
dont see that a modem file would be needed since one is on phone already.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, I did some digging around and some more reading and the modem files for the Epic are in a different section. I agree, with you darren.wlsn1, it doesn't seem like modem files would be necessary, I just wanted to be sure.

All flashed and so far seems to be running very smooth. Have to say I really like the GB that the AnonymousROM was based on. My battery was terrible though... what is the path forward looking like for Bonsai? Is 2.3 coming soon?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development