PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

does anyone has an answer? this is the first time ever i see and heard about Bonsai MasterKey... ok with Bonsai-MasterKey i can do the same as Clockwork3.0.0.6? for example let say i want to flash midnight ROMs or synditicate ROMs dcan i use bonsai masterkey or do i have to use clockwork 3.0.0.6? or i can flash all ROMs using [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Bonsai[/COLOR][/COLOR] MasterKey? iam only asking becuase in all previous ROMS like syndicate or midnight they allways mentioned odin back to stock ROM and install clockwork 3.0.0.6. but see now we are talking about Bonsai-MasterKey. i know they both pretty much have the same features.. but iam just double checking to make sure that BonsaiMasterKey its only for bonsai ROMS and that CWM 3 its only for midnight and syndicate and other ROMS. iam just checking to do things the right way..thanks guys...
Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
does anyone has an answer? this is the first time ever i see and heard about Bonsai MasterKey... ok with Bonsai-MasterKey i can do the same as Clockwork3.0.0.6? for example let say i want to flash midnight ROMs or synditicate ROMs dcan i use bonsai masterkey or do i have to use clockwork 3.0.0.6? or i can flash all ROMs using [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Bonsai[/COLOR][/COLOR] MasterKey? iam only asking becuase in all previous ROMS like syndicate or midnight they allways mentioned odin back to stock ROM and install clockwork 3.0.0.6. but see now we are talking about Bonsai-MasterKey. i know they both pretty much have the same features.. but iam just double checking to make sure that BonsaiMasterKey its only for bonsai ROMS and that CWM 3 its only for midnight and syndicate and other ROMS. iam just checking to do things the right way..thanks guys...
The way I understand it, the Bonsai Master Key is a faster, cleaned up version of CWM3. i would PM RandyT and ask him to clarify.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I haven't gotten around to trying out Bonsai-MasterKey yet...but if I am not mistaken Bonsai-MasterKey just installs clockwork for you...similar to how one click installs clockwork for you..it should install the latest clockworkmod that is EXT4/RFS compatible..and I think it lets you turn journaling on and ofcourse root as well...kidna like a more complete one click root...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I haven't gotten around to trying out Bonsai-MasterKey yet...but if I am not mistaken Bonsai-MasterKey just installs clockwork for you...similar to how one click installs clockwork for you..it should install the latest clockworkmod that is EXT4/RFS compatible..and I think it lets you turn journaling on and ofcourse root as well...kidna like a more complete one click root...
I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it is really nice. It roots your phone and installs with literally one click. And if you ever have to Odin back to a stock ROM this makes rooting your phone again a breeze. By far the easiest and fastest root method yet.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it is really nice. It roots your phone and installs with literally one click. And if you ever have to Odin back to a stock ROM this makes rooting your phone again a breeze. By far the easiest and fastest root method yet.
well said and im using there new kernel and it kicks ass plus it installs master key so if you guys got 5$ extra laying around i highly recommend you donate to get beta goodies.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I plan on using it but so far I kinda rooted my Epic in a hurry cause I needed tethering ASAP (TP2 was acting funky)...I plan on trying it..that I do..just work has been hectic lately
Old 06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

ok, i admit it. love words with friends but on this rom it keeps force closing. anyone else playing it and having that problem
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Question Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
ok, i admit it. love words with friends but on this rom it keeps force closing. anyone else playing it and having that problem
AS I STATED 3 DAYS AGO. THIS WAS THE BEST ROM I EVER TESTED... AND THE NICES LOOK I EVER SEEING.. BUT ONTIL YESTERDAY THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU STARTED HAPPENING TO ME. I EVEN GOT SO PISSED OFF THAT I SMASHED MY PHONE ON THE FLOOR. LUCKY ME IT DIDNT BREAK. SO I HAD TO ODIN BACK TO STOCK EC05 AND INSTALL MASTER KEY BACK. AND SO FAR ITS BEEING 24 WITH NO HASSELS. BUT YES YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hey guys the Master Key is bascially a much improved OneClickRoot. Randy has done a lot of work to clean up clockwork mod and make it fully functional, including, i believe, usb mount. I have been playing around it for a while now and it's hands down the best way to root and install CW3. Their goal is to make MasterKey a universal rooting app. I'm not sure if any of you are aware of who Randy is but you should google him sometime, just for fun. His credentials are VERY impressive.

I'm really glad they have moved in here. This is a great community and Bonsai is a great development team....
Old 06-14-2011, 08:23 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
AS I STATED 3 DAYS AGO. THIS WAS THE BEST ROM I EVER TESTED... AND THE NICES LOOK I EVER SEEING.. BUT ONTIL YESTERDAY THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU STARTED HAPPENING TO ME. I EVEN GOT SO PISSED OFF THAT I SMASHED MY PHONE ON THE FLOOR. LUCKY ME IT DIDNT BREAK. SO I HAD TO ODIN BACK TO STOCK EC05 AND INSTALL MASTER KEY BACK. AND SO FAR ITS BEEING 24 WITH NO HASSELS. BUT YES YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE..
Inside voice...please

You will run into this type of thing from time to time with ANY ROM. Perhaps, if you provided more information about your problem, like is Journaling On or Off, just as an example, we could help you out a bit more. I'm sure we can help you but we'll need more information about your specific setup...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development