PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

RandyT is keeping up the good workRandyT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Bonsai v4.1.1 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadcicle20 View Post
Well, quadrant and other benchmarks aside this feels to be the smoothed my phone has ever ran. The only other thing I see myself flashing before ginger bread official is a ginger bread theme.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it is up and running for you. Enjoy
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:10 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just wanted to share my experience flashing the new 4.1.1. I finally got around to doing it yesterday morning, and at first it was a nightmare (mostly my own fault though). I decided that since I was running the midNIGHT ROM v5.3 - which uses Bonsai 4.1 as a base - that I would just flash it right over top and not clear anything first. Suffice it to say that it was a bad idea. It froze up every 2 or 3 minutes to where I had to pull the battery. Then after the 4th time doing that it rebooted and started getting FC’s like crazy. Eventually I gave up, Odin’ed back to EB13, rooted with the Bonsai MasterKey, flashed 4.1.1 and the restored everything with MyBackup Root. Worked like a charm on the first try. This ROM is amazing. Its fast, stable, and after 12 hours my battery is still over 60%.
I am very impressed.

**EDIT**
Just wanted to post an update. I usually plug in my phone every night, but I left it off the charger last night to see just how long the battery would last. When I went to bed my battery was right at 60%. I just woke up and its at 52%. Granted, I have the wi-fi turned on which usually reduces battery consumption, but still….almost 24 hours and I’m still above 50%. That’s impressive. Great job guys.

Oh, and for the inquiring minds that want to know, yesterday was a fairly typical day as far as usage goes. a couple of dozen short phone calls and some moderate usage of Maps and the internet. I’ll report back after a heavy usage day when I am using the navigation and the bluetooth and let everyone know how the battery life compares.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 06-05-2011 at 07:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started

i have to admit. this is one of the best ROMS ever. all my respects goes to syndicate team and midnight team and what ever other team that creates ROM. they are also good ROMS. but this ROM its totally insane and smooth. I LOVE IT... now is this ROM rfs or ext4? shoot what ever it is it rocks. thanks Bonsai and Randy T for bringing out a great ROM.... By the way what i like the most of this ROM is that if i do a factory data reset the ROM will return back with the orignal APPS that came with it. of coarse i loose the ones i install but the ROM comes back up with all that apps that came with it... wich its a good thing... in other words its almost like a legit sprint ROM.. On most ROMS if you do a factory reset you loose the apps that came with that particular ROM. only if you had a nandroid backup maybe that ill be your only salvation. but not on this ROM wich its great...

Last edited by latinlover515; 06-11-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

RandyT is keeping up the good workRandyT is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
i have to admit. this is one of the best ROMS ever. all my respects goes to syndicate team and midnight team and what ever other team that creates ROM. they are also good ROMS. but this ROM its totally insane and smooth. I LOVE IT... now is this ROM rfs or ext4? shoot what ever it is it rocks. thanks Bonsai and Randy T for bringing out a great ROM.... By the way what i like the most of this ROM is that if i do a factory data reset the ROM will return back with the orignal APPS that came with it. of coarse i loose the ones i install but the ROM comes back up with all that apps that came with it... wich its a good thing... in other words its almost like a legit sprint ROM.. On most ROMS if you do a factory reset you loose the apps that came with that particular ROM. only if you had a nandroid backup maybe that ill be your only salvation. but not on this ROM wich its great...
Glad to hear that Bonsai is working for you.

The ROM uses an ext4 and the default install does not enable journaling. We have another pre-install patch that you can apply that will force the install to create filesystem journals if you would prefer that configuration at the expense of some performance.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Randy,

I told you this was a great place.....
Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I just wanted to share my experience flashing the new 4.1.1. I finally got around to doing it yesterday morning, and at first it was a nightmare (mostly my own fault though). I decided that since I was running the midNIGHT ROM v5.3 - which uses Bonsai 4.1 as a base - that I would just flash it right over top and not clear anything first. Suffice it to say that it was a bad idea. It froze up every 2 or 3 minutes to where I had to pull the battery. Then after the 4th time doing that it rebooted and started getting FC’s like crazy. Eventually I gave up, Odin’ed back to EB13, rooted with the Bonsai MasterKey, flashed 4.1.1 and the restored everything with MyBackup Root. Worked like a charm on the first try. This ROM is amazing. Its fast, stable, and after 12 hours my battery is still over 60%.
I am very impressed.

**EDIT**
Just wanted to post an update. I usually plug in my phone every night, but I left it off the charger last night to see just how long the battery would last. When I went to bed my battery was right at 60%. I just woke up and its at 52%. Granted, I have the wi-fi turned on which usually reduces battery consumption, but still….almost 24 hours and I’m still above 50%. That’s impressive. Great job guys.

Oh, and for the inquiring minds that want to know, yesterday was a fairly typical day as far as usage goes. a couple of dozen short phone calls and some moderate usage of Maps and the internet. I’ll report back after a heavy usage day when I am using the navigation and the bluetooth and let everyone know how the battery life compares.
The reason you probably ran into problems is because there are some differences. Just as an example, I port apps from other devices (Email, calendar ect).... When data is restored it will FC because the data is from a different app... My calendar is pulled from the Fascinate as is the email. When the backup and restore process does it's thing it's restoring the calendar and email data to a different version of calendar and email (present in the bonsai release)so you will FC.

When you wipe and reflash you avoid that problem....

Off topic....how are you doing. I got your PM and I replied but never heard back.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:59 PM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
The reason you probably ran into problems is because there are some differences. Just as an example, I port apps from other devices (Email, calendar ect).... When data is restored it will FC because the data is from a different app... My calendar is pulled from the Fascinate as is the email. When the backup and restore process does it's thing it's restoring the calendar and email data to a different version of calendar and email (present in the bonsai release)so you will FC.

When you wipe and reflash you avoid that problem....

Off topic....how are you doing. I got your PM and I replied but never heard back.
I figured that was the case. I only tried flashing it over yours just to prove to myself what I already expected.

And things are going great. I still don't officially have a job yet, but things are looking very good. I should have some news in a week or so. And I got my wife an Epic (she finally caved in and admitted that my phone was way cooler than hers and told me she wanted one) so now I have two I can play around with.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started

now this is the first time ever i see and heard about Bonsai MasterKey... ok with Bonsai-MasterKey i can do the same as Clockwork3.0.0.6 to flash midnight ROMs or synditicate ROMs or wich ever ROM there is? or for me to go back to midnight or other ROMS i have to odin back to EB13 and install clockwork 3.0.0.6? or i can flash all ROMs using Bonsai MasterKey? iam only asking becuase in all previous ROMS they allways mentioned odin back to what ever ROM and install clockwork 3.0>>>. but see now we are talking about Bonsai-MasterKey. i know they both pretty much do the same.. but iam just double checking to make sure that BonsaiMasterKey its better the CWM 3 or CWM its better then Bonsai MasterKey becuase Bonsai has something that CWM doesnt have or viseversa....... just double checking thanks guys...

Last edited by latinlover515; 06-12-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

hi can someone tell me how to add programs onto the bottom of the bar. i deleted talk and music and thought that would leave spoaces but i cant figure out how to do it. thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
nous défions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
hi can someone tell me how to add programs onto the bottom of the bar. i deleted talk and music and thought that would leave spoaces but i cant figure out how to do it. thanks
Its super easy. Just drag the icon down into the dock bar. It will resize itself automatically. IDK how many it will hold, but I have 12 on there now and it just keeps letting me add more. I know it looks like there is no space, but there is. It just automatically resizes itself based on how many icons you have placed there.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development