PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
[ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk video/voice fix! :: 5/16

[ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk video/voice fix! :: 5/16 - xda-developers acs team is at it again, im just linking this cause questions need to be posted on xda.

pretty cool and lots of bugs fixed that ginger had plus netflix is working. hit some thanx for kOnane
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:17 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: [ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk video/voice fix! ::

Thanks for posting DW!

Looks WAY better now. I can't wait to see some feedback from others.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk video/voice fix! ::

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Thanks for posting DW!

Looks WAY better now. I can't wait to see some feedback from others.
i will post my views here after i drive this awhile, gps worked perfect even w/o fix posted in thread so thats a plus.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just wish wifi/4g handed off to 3g someone fix this becasue this rom was AWESOME
Old 05-18-2011, 03:34 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

still playing with this but liking this better than other gb build and for wifi (hotspot) tethering use this apk.
Attached Files
File Type: apk wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk (358.9 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

any idea when official comes out
that build is pretty good but it still has some issues

Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

jpeepers is becoming a great contributor

Just thought I would post up here since the XDA thread is a complete mess and I doubt anyone can get any usefull info out of it anymore.

Ran this ROM for 2 days and Loved the new version. It's a little laggy but nothing I could not live without. Had great battery life (was running EE03 modem).
The biggest issue I had was the modem dropping out and losing all data/cellular connections. Usually had to re-flash or factory reset to get the modem working again? Unfortunatly I could not live with that as I need the phone to at least working during the day. I reset everything last night and am going to try the new ROM using the EC05 modem and see if it happens again. So far so good.

One note on the modem crashing. It seemed to only happen at my office and I have spotty coverage there. Phone is constantly going from Sprint (barely a signal) to roaming so that may be a clue? Seemed pretty stable at the house where I have a airave and on Sprint the whole time.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
Just thought I would post up here since the XDA thread is a complete mess and I doubt anyone can get any usefull info out of it anymore.

Ran this ROM for 2 days and Loved the new version. It's a little laggy but nothing I could not live without. Had great battery life (was running EE03 modem).
The biggest issue I had was the modem dropping out and losing all data/cellular connections. Usually had to re-flash or factory reset to get the modem working again? Unfortunatly I could not live with that as I need the phone to at least working during the day. I reset everything last night and am going to try the new ROM using the EC05 modem and see if it happens again. So far so good.

One note on the modem crashing. It seemed to only happen at my office and I have spotty coverage there. Phone is constantly going from Sprint (barely a signal) to roaming so that may be a clue? Seemed pretty stable at the house where I have a airave and on Sprint the whole time.

The same thing happen to me all you have to do is toogle to airplane mode and you are set, your 3g data should be working after this. This is a simple fix to 3g.

Please don't forget to thank me.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development