PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[KERNEL][ACS][GPL]VisionKernel v1.2 |ext4/RFS|1.45ghz|BFQ|sysfsUV|Voodoo Sound/COLOR

The Android Creative Syndicate
VisionKernel v1.2
Designed for SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0

This Kernel has bricked a lot of phones. It has not bricked my phone I guess because my phone is tougher than most phones. I would not suggest using this Rom unless you are a pro and can afford to be without your phone for a couple of days while it gets repaired.

Disclaimer
I nor any member of ACS is responsible for anything that happens to your phone when using this kernel. It has been tested on mine and a few others phones to be working, but I cannot guarantee that it will work on yours. All CPU's are different, and each one takes to overclocking in different ways. That being said, don't be surprised if your phone locks up at 1.4ghz or 1.45ghz. Just set the clock down to a lower speed and it won't do it anymore; all this means is that your phone can't handle it.
Also, 1.45ghz is set at 1.400v and 1.4ghz is set at 1.375v which is definitely above the recommended voltage for the phone. This doesn't mean it will burn up your processor as they are very robust when it comes to heat dissipation, but just keep in mind that you are pushing the processor past its designed limit.

This is my first kernel release, although I have been compiling my own custom kernels since DI18. Took me a while to get the overclocking stable, a big thanks goes to tanimn and Rodderik for helping with getting 1.3ghz stable. Also, without tanimn none of this would really be possible. He has guided me through this process a lot, and I am especially thankful to him. You the man tanimn

1.45ghz is here, I cannot guarantee that it will work even at all on your phone. This is as high as I will go, no further.
Linpack: 19.84mflops
Quadrant: 2414

Changelog
*=Thanks!

v1.0
Overclocked to 1.3ghz and 1.4ghz @ 1.375v (steps are as follows)
100mhz, 200mhz, 400mhz, 600mhz, 800mhz, 1.0ghz, 1.3ghz, 1.4ghz
Added 600mhz step for better transitions *tanimn
Voodoo Sound v6 *tanimn and supercurio
Voodoo Color (mDNIe tweaks) *supercurio
FPS cap raised to 65fps for the time being, hoping to get that number higher *Rodderik
Everything else that is contained in Twilight Zone, minus the addition of voodoo color and 1.4ghz.

v1.1
Revert the refresh rate (framerate cap) to 56fps. People having problems with video choppiness, this should fix your issue. This is only temporary; as soon as someone can figure out a proper way to raise the framerate cap I will re-implement it.
Update to Voodoo Sound driver v7

v1.2
Add 1.45ghz (It's not 100% stable, use at your own risk.)
Add 1.2ghz step
Added BFQ disk scheduler
Implemented interactive CPU governor (use at your own risk, needs tweaking)
Smartass governor (still a WIP)
Add TinyRCU courtesy of tanimn
lowmemorykiller atomic notifier fixes
UV RAM 2.7v(stock: 3v) and and LCD 1.65v(stock 1.8v)
UV_mV sysfs controls as well as frequency_voltage_table for use with Voltage Control and Pimp my CPU *Rodderik
New voltage/frequency tables thanks to Rodderik!

How-to Video:
Thanks to qbking77 for making this excellent flashing tutorial! This will show you exactly how to get the kernel running on your phone.
YouTube - How to Flash a kernel and overclock Samsung Epic 1.4ghz

*Downloads*
v1.2
Direct: - This version has perma bricked some phones, sue at your own risk
http://www.holylivingfuck.com/ACS/Ke...ernel_v1.2.zip

Other:
VisionKernel_v1.2.zip Causing lots of people's phone to brick I would not suggest using this version.

v1.1
Direct:
http://www.holylivingfuck.com/ACS/Ke...ernel_v1.2.zip
More mirrors coming soon!

v1.0
Direct:
http://k0nane.info/rom/VisionKernel_v1.0.zip

Other:
VisionKernel_v1.0.zip
VisionKernel_v1.0.zip

*Source*
http://github.com/thomasskull666/VisionKernel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20110328_144333.jpg (6.3 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg snap20110328_144456.jpg (7.4 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 05-04-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: update to 1.2
Old 03-28-2011, 07:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [KERNEL] Syndicate Rom 1.4 Ghz VisionKernel_v1.0

Moved to proper forum

That said you know full well what happens to all the messengers >.> lol jk...

Is the battery usage stock on this?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Konane from Xda has stated that this kernel may break the camcorder from being useable

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

k0nane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not this kernel, Masetas - Twilight Zone 1.0.4.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: [KERNEL][ACS][GPL]VisionKernel v1.2 |ext4/RFS|1.45ghz|BFQ|sysfsUV|Voodoo Sound/CO

Updated the topic to version 1.2..the under volting of the LCD and Ram looks delicious :P (considering screen is the biggest battery user)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [KERNEL][ACS][GPL]VisionKernel v1.2 |ext4/RFS|1.45ghz|BFQ|sysfsUV|Voodoo Sound/CO

Anyone having a fatal problem with this Kernel? I liked it alot but moved to 1.1 after reading this thread at XDA

[Research]VisionKernel 1.2 Bricked your phone? post here - xda-developers
Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Anyone having a fatal problem with this Kernel? I liked it alot but moved to 1.1 after reading this thread at XDA

[Research]VisionKernel 1.2 Bricked your phone? post here - xda-developers
yeah my Epic has been dead this entire week
Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
yeah my Epic has been dead this entire week

Dooh, you mean it died while on this Kernel- I had been pretty stable on 1.2 and was thinking of flashing back to it.

That stinks either way, hope you had insurance with Sprint...
Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Wow I'm surprised this thread ain't locked bc I believe its still locked on xda

Sent from my SPH-D700-EPIC-using Tapatalk
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
Wow I'm surprised this thread ain't locked bc I believe its still locked on xda

Sent from my SPH-D700-EPIC-using Tapatalk
The op requested it be locked on xda..prob due to large amounts of complaints..there is no one complaining here so no reason or it to be locked...but I will put a warning on top I guess...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Tags
1.4 ghz, fast kernal, kernal, samsung epic, syndicate