PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.1 (Hajime-taisho) | Custom UV | Keyboard Fix |

your using 1.1.1 or 1.1.0? if your using 1.1.1..try a differnet kernel maybe to see if that helps...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyclegend20 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.1 (Hajime-taisho) | Custom UV | Keyboard Fix |

I am on 1.1.1, what is a kernel?
All I did was install the rom and then flashed journaling on.

It works fine but it turns off randomly.

What kernel would you reccomend, and how do you install a kernel
Old 06-04-2011, 08:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclegend20 View Post

[KERNEL][GPL]Genocide EC05 Kernel v1.0|1.4GhzOC|Conf your own UV|VoodooMods 3/31/2011 - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So for this I download the genocide kernel zip, go into the boot mode and flash from zip same way I did for reenabling journaling on?
Also when I go landscape mode I get half the screen is black, its fine in vertical mode.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
So for this I download the genocide kernel zip, go into the boot mode and flash from zip same way I did for reenabling journaling on?
Also when I go landscape mode I get half the screen is black, its fine in vertical mode.
ya flash it like a rom, second part sounds like you got a bad dl/flash.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

what is the main diff between twilight vs genocide kernel?
I do not know anything about this so wanted to learn why flashing to genocide would fix issues
Old 06-05-2011, 12:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
what is the main diff between twilight vs genocide kernel?
I do not know anything about this so wanted to learn why flashing to genocide would fix issues
kernels are the glue between the OS and the hardware..the previous twilight kernel had issues which flashing genocide fixed..I'm not saying this new twilight kernel has issues too..BUT Genocide has been known to work very well for most people and has been out longer..so by flashing to Genocide you would have a known stable base..if you continue to have issues afterwards then we know its rom related...reflashing a kernel is just easier then reflashing a rom hence it the first step to try.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:

You can also use the kernel that came with it and install setcpu or voltage control and change the scaling setting to 200 minimum and conservative....
Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
You can also use the kernel that came with it and install setcpu or voltage control and change the scaling setting to 200 minimum and conservative....
with this rom i also have great signal/dl speeds with EE modem, just sayin....
Old 06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

hmm..it seems the kernel has the 100mhz step on by default ha? then yeah that can definitely cause shutdowns/lockups on some phones...

As for setcpu..I thought setcpu didnt work well with the sgs phones?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development