PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Cool *OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-EB13-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 and earlier

Follow this link to flash the phone to stock: Samsung Galaxy S/SPH-D700 - XDA-Developers
- Instead of using the SPH-D700-DG27-8Gb-REL.tar file, use the latest one in this thread!

This is the latest official update for the Sprint Samsung Epic. Used for restoring to stock "Over the Wire."

EB13 Update (OFFICIAL)

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5: b9b14611dcde5fbe586fdc242315b92b

EB01 Update (BETA)

md5: 2093d0afade4fde30f0184b68816019e

DK28 Update (BETA)

md5: babad9dcbcd357f726b832bb59f81f7f

Source: How To: Update Sprint Epic 4G to Android 2.2 - BriefMobile

-----------------------------------

DK17 Update (BETA)

md5: 56529bd953e1e630af1e56eedd6835da

-----------------------------------

DK05 Update (BETA)

md5: 965a8ac627bc34a5be57facd5cef95bd

------------------------------------

DI18 Update (OFFICIAL)

md5: e5119ee70ab44151f5a0abceef321662

9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release
Fixes:
WiFi standby battery drain
Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
Large emails lag in upload speeds
Increased 3G upload speeds

Source: Samsung Epic:9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release...

---------------------------------------

DI07 Update (OFFICIAL)

md5: 54890154ab9e5a12878a2632443f524a

Please see the list below for details of some changes found in the DI07 update.
  • Optimized, HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
  • Optimized, Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
  • Added, Media Hub
  • Modified, WiMAX exit delay
  • Modified, UI "Noisey" One to "Noisy One"
  • Fixed, 32GB mSD card is not recongized when formatted in device
  • Fixed, When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
  • Fixed, Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
  • Fixed, Hotspot registration/deregistration
Source: How Do I Update The Software On My Sprint SPH-d700 (Epic 4G) Phone To DI07?

------------------------

DG27 Update (OFFICIAL)

md5: 35bddecea6f54a187f3300d35a2e6560

Last edited by gTen; 02-26-2011 at 12:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [Oct. 5, 2010] ***OFFICIAL*** SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5

Do we still use the same .pit file?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

You do not have to use the .pit file for full rom flashes
Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [Stock & Updates] *OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5

I guess I'll sticky this so people can get updates and stock all in one place

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
You do not have to use the .pit file for full rom flashes
OK, you have to understand that when it comes to flashing ROMs and using Odin I am just the monkey flying the spaceship. I have no idea how any of this works, I just follow instructions and say "cool" when it works, and curse violently when it doesn't. The post that lays out how to return to stock says to open Odin and load the .pit file in the PIT field and the .tar file in the PDA field. So now you are telling me that I don't need to load the .pit file. I'm confused.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
OK, you have to understand that when it comes to flashing ROMs and using Odin I am just the monkey flying the spaceship. I have no idea how any of this works, I just follow instructions and say "cool" when it works, and curse violently when it doesn't. The post that lays out how to return to stock says to open Odin and load the .pit file in the PIT field and the .tar file in the PDA field. So now you are telling me that I don't need to load the .pit file. I'm confused.
Yeah, the .pit is only needed if you flash just the kernel
Old 10-07-2010, 08:31 PM
nous défions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Yeah, the .pit is only needed if you flash just the kernel
Then I suggest someone update the "How to Return to Stock / Fix Bricked Epic" thread because I'm sure I'm not the only space monkey on this forum that just follows instructions and hopes for the best.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Then I suggest someone update the "How to Return to Stock / Fix Bricked Epic" thread because I'm sure I'm not the only space monkey on this forum that just follows instructions and hopes for the best.
I agree, but it should still work even if you use a .pit file. I'm only saying that you don't "have" to use it
Old 11-12-2010, 06:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Re: *OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5

So after you Odin this back to stock DI18 can you then re-root without downgrading to DI07 or below? Meaning is this tar the same as doing the OTA. My replacement came with DI07 and the DI18 OTA was installed and I can't get one click 2.4 to do anything for rooting. This space monkey is drifting aimlessly at this point. I thought I had the steps down but now I'm at a loss...of a lot of sleep and cursing violently.

Last edited by fsp48; 11-12-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:16 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: *OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
So after you Odin this back to stock DI18 can you then re-root without downgrading to DI07 or below? My replacement came with DI07 and the DI18 OTA was installed and I can't get one click 2.4 to do anything for rooting. This space monkey is drifting aimlessly at this point. I thought I had the steps down but now I'm at a loss.
if your on di18 you should have no issues, whats it doing?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Tags
android, samsung epic, wdm, whosdaman