PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.6 CW3 Friendly and EXT4 Support 1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
Ok, great. Where I'm coming from is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Still, I know what you mean. At some point and I'm figuring soon I'll want to upgrade.

I figure over the next couple of days you'll be getting a ton of "can you convert my favorite app zip to edify for me?". In my case its Swype. Only I would ask, "Can you point me to a set of directions so I can reformat it for Edify?" If I can do that I'll modify it, flash and then post it back up.

Thanks for all of your work!
Here it is for when you are ready.
Attached Files
File Type: zip swype (edify).zip (1.57 MB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Here it is for when you are ready.
yaaaa, i see themes are on the way too on xda.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Woo hoo. Just got my new Epic from the Sprint Store (my old one had a bad menu button). I'll be going through all this tonight and flashing the latest and greatest first thing in the morning. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

gdavis612 is a n00b

Rom works great for me.. the only odd problem im running into is in quadrant.. when i run the benchmark it hangs at processing the video h. whatever then just sits there.. if i try to rerun the program after that it doesnt do anything at all.. prolly not a rom problem at all.. but i will try odin'ng back to stock and starting fresh and see if it takes care of the problem
Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

I'm moving from 2.4 to 2.6 but my phone seems stuck in a loop. It only will boot into recovery. It must have been something I did when I tried to format the ext4. Guess I'll Odin back to stock and start over.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for all of the work! I have a few questions.

1) Does this rom have the Data Governor built in? If not how can it be added? I saw a post on the XDA midNIGHT thread saying you can quick boot into the old recovery to install zips, is this true? He said he used the old Swype.. I was under the impression NO old zips work if you upgrade to CW3..

2) same for Hulu..

3) What are your thoughts of the jornaling off mod? It is supposed to give EXT4 a 15% boost, at the increase of data loss.

4) Whats the best way to backup data and apps coming from an older midNIGHT before EXT4? Titanium, mybackup, sprite, or thru recovery?

I have been all over the net over the past 3 days to try and get the best understanding of these new upgrades. Thanks to all who assist, Im sure others will have similar questions.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

sorry its big but i did resize it. lol
man im loving this rom!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by celsius0010 View Post
Thanks for all of the work! I have a few questions.

1) Does this rom have the Data Governor built in? If not how can it be added? I saw a post on the XDA midNIGHT thread saying you can quick boot into the old recovery to install zips, is this true? He said he used the old Swype.. I was under the impression NO old zips work if you upgrade to CW3..

2) same for Hulu..

3) What are your thoughts of the jornaling off mod? It is supposed to give EXT4 a 15% boost, at the increase of data loss.

4) Whats the best way to backup data and apps coming from an older midNIGHT before EXT4? Titanium, mybackup, sprite, or thru recovery?

I have been all over the net over the past 3 days to try and get the best understanding of these new upgrades. Thanks to all who assist, Im sure others will have similar questions.
1) i dont think theres a data gov. cooked in, almost positive but i have been wrong before.swype will now work with apk thats edited above but other zips for themes ect. wont yet.
2) no idea but it wont if it even will till zip is edited.
3) i bet op is looking into it but i herd its not exactly 100% yet
4) all 3 worked i tried but sprite i didnt try.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-05-2011 at 05:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Please stop all development. It surely can't get any better than this rom! If i could just find an app to make it brush my teeth and walk the dog. Thanks Rob. Great work.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

My apologies in advance but I posted this Monday but I'm afraid it got buried with all that has gone on and now its gonna get lost on the old thread.

The AOSP email app was in a previous ROM and then pulled due problems. I don't think there were any specifics given.

There a few things I liked about AOSP. Different signatures for different accounts and being able to change identification colors for the combined inbox. I didn't like that the font wasn't changeable.

Any chance the problems (whatever they were) will get fixed and have it put back in? Any link on where the development for AOSP email is so I can take a look at it?

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development