PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.6 CW3 Friendly and EXT4 Support 1/5/11

ok boys not a single issue so far on this build, no game lag or fc's thus far. tried to go over lots of apps and im liking this.if anybody needs help and i miss your post here or op is busy with life please pm me or those that got my email hit me there. now for lots of apps/games your gonna need to install lots of chit manually and then do a backup like you did on ext4 but no biggie then your good to go for next update. like i said before clockwork 3 has orange writing so your looking for that after you 3 fingers to old cwm then advanced/reboot recovery. if quadrant scores do matter i just got 1589 while tethered and on ppcg while dling a torrent. this rom is very fast using browser ect.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-05-2011 at 01:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks OP for always keeping us up to date with the recent developments with Epic. I look forward to dl'ing this one as well as the theme! Not really sure how it can be any better, but I gotta try to keep up on the latest and greatest.....it's an addiction ya know! lol

Once again, as always, thank you for all of your hard work and time making this happen for the rest of us to enjoy!

BTW - I would also would like to give "Thanks" to Darren for being such a big help to all of us trying to stay up to speed with all of this!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

will this wipe all my data like the last one did or can I just flash over?

edit: after flashing new rom the answer is yes

Last edited by kgbcapthowdy; 01-05-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
Thanks for the updated ROM. One question, is it better to convert back to stock DK28 and then flash CW3?

dja2k
That's what I did and I was problem free. Odin'd back to DK28 and flashed CW3. Took a bit of time but considering the problems other were facing in the XDA thread I figured it was worth the effort.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
will this wipe all my data like the last one did or can I just flash over?

edit: after flashing new rom the answer is yes
Yes, it wiped your data or yes, you can just flash over?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I will be uploading a video to my Blog this afternoon of the installation of CW3 and the edify ROM. I'm uploading the video now so keep checking back for it. Click on the Android Development page at the top.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Ok, so I'm running 2.3 with Ext4 and everything is running great. What is the motiviation to go to 2.6 with the new Clockwork and Edify. I understand that going forward I will want to as enhanced ROMs come out but are there any significant differences between 2.3 and 2.6 that would encourage me to upgrade now?

Thanks,
Old 01-05-2011, 02:48 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
Ok, so I'm running 2.3 with Ext4 and everything is running great. What is the motiviation to go to 2.6 with the new Clockwork and Edify. I understand that going forward I will want to as enhanced ROMs come out but are there any significant differences between 2.3 and 2.6 that would encourage me to upgrade now?

Thanks,
Newer kernel some script updates by mammon88 and you will be edify compliant. Your going to have to take the plunge at some point why not now.

But no there is not a NEED to upgrade.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Newer kernel some script updates by mammon88 and you will be edify compliant. Your going to have to take the plunge at some point why not now.

But no there is not a NEED to upgrade.
Ok, great. Where I'm coming from is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Still, I know what you mean. At some point and I'm figuring soon I'll want to upgrade.

I figure over the next couple of days you'll be getting a ton of "can you convert my favorite app zip to edify for me?". In my case its Swype. Only I would ask, "Can you point me to a set of directions so I can reformat it for Edify?" If I can do that I'll modify it, flash and then post it back up.

Thanks for all of your work!

Last edited by swear0730; 01-05-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
Ok, great. Where I'm coming from is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Still, I know what you mean. At some point and I'm figuring soon I'll want to upgrade.

I figure over the next couple of days you'll be getting a ton of "can you convert my favorite app zip to edify for me?". In my case its Swype. Only I would ask, "Can you point me to a set of directions so I can reformat it for Edify?" If I can do that I'll modify it, flash and then post it back up.

Thanks for all of your work!
im looking into that now, i also found skins for gingerbread if i can find them again for edify, had the link but site was down early this morning.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development