PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 09:29 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.7 CW3 Redirector EXT4 ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Well, since you're not leaving right away......I have been running 2.6 for the last few days and the battery life is really bad. Two days in a row the battery has lasted only 12 hours or so. I'm going to flash 2.7 and see if it improves. BTW this is the first time I have had any battery issues with one of your ROMs. They usually last 20+ hours.
Ya know I wonder if it has something to do with EXT4? I have noticed that battery life is not as good as it has been. Might be a trade off. But these are new mods and will only get better as we go forward.....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

heres a good one, one epic of mine still has gps issues and i called sprint and they asked me if i want a evo shift for a even trade. lol so shift is in the mail, guess there getting lots of calls about gps that they cant fix.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just downloaded and flashed 2.7, and the build still says "midNIGHT V2.6 EXT4 (Dual)".
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
heres a good one, one epic of mine still has gps issues and i called sprint and they asked me if i want a evo shift for a even trade. lol so shift is in the mail, guess there getting lots of calls about gps that they cant fix.
You'll have to let us know how it compares to the Epic.

BTW Did they give you the option to send it back and get another Epic if you don't like it?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I just downloaded and flashed 2.7, and the build still says "midNIGHT V2.6 EXT4 (Dual)".
fix is in op
Quote:

BTW Did they give you the option to send it back and get another Epic if you don't like it?
ya but said it still may not work. i still will have one epic. i have a evo btw also, just gave it to my girl.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

The Shift I believe is a pretty big downgrade from the evo. But it does have a nice keyboard.

You need to flash the build prop fix.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
The Shift I believe is a pretty big downgrade from the evo. But it does have a nice keyboard.

You need to flash the build prop fix.
ya its just a droid as far as specs go but it comes with 2.2 (lol) but i just read gps blows and batterylife sux big time.

Sprint announces HTC EVO Shift 4G - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
nous défions

OK, here is another thing that's kinda weird. I flashed 2.7, booted up and then went back into CW and used the Advanced Restore>Restore Data. When it booted up again I noticed that the theme I had was not restored. Usually a CW data restore restores the theme as well as the data. I wonder if this is a glitch in CW3?

**EDIT** I knew there was an issue with the build no. but I thought you said you had fixed it and uploaded the fixed ROM.

**2nd EDIT** I just re-read the post about fixing the build prop fix. I thought you had fixed the ROM, not the fix.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 01-07-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

oranges311 is just getting started

ok im not sure if i skipped a step since im not only new to android but also new to this whole ext4 stuff and everything but im having a lot of issues with the 2.6 rom. i flashed it using the steps given and it works for a while but then it starts locking up in the boot screen or telling me that ll my apps and programs are force closing. im gonna try and flash the 2.7 and see how that goes but does anyone know what i might have done wrong? im sure it has to be someting i did since you all seem to not have the same problems.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
ok im not sure if i skipped a step since im not only new to android but also new to this whole ext4 stuff and everything but im having a lot of issues with the 2.6 rom. i flashed it using the steps given and it works for a while but then it starts locking up in the boot screen or telling me that ll my apps and programs are force closing. im gonna try and flash the 2.7 and see how that goes but does anyone know what i might have done wrong? im sure it has to be someting i did since you all seem to not have the same problems.
sounds like you tried restoring with a old dk28 backup, wont work. reflash and manually install your crap then make a new backup. dont overwrite old one incase you wanna go back to a non ext4/edify rom
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development