PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
[GUIDE] Fix for no GPS lock after Froyo flash

[FIX][GPS][CONFIRMED] Fix for no GPS lock after Froyo flash

This is based on the post by SINN, as well as the method I, and many others have used to get mine working. Okay, Let's go do this...

Method 1 (Do First):
1) Start from a DI18 ROM/Modem with WORKING GPS
2) ODIN in DK28 Modem
3) Restart and verify GPS lock in DI18 ROM + DK28 Modem - It could take a minute or two
3a) If this step fails go to method 2
4) Flash a DK28 ROM, verify GPS lock

Method 2 (Long Way Home):
1) Start with stock DI18 + working GPS
2) ODIN in modem
3) Restart and verify GPS functionality with DI18 ROM + DK28 GPS
2) ODIN in DK28 full
3) Restart and reverify gps lock
3a) If this step fails, take a nap, and return to step 1)
4) Reroot and flash in new DK28 based ROM
5) Reverify GPS lock
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ya. I confirm this aswell. Dk28 rebroke ma gps. Doing those steps fixed it. And still working 3 days later.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [GUIDE] Fix for no GPS lock after Froyo flash

Worked like a charm. Fixed GPS. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

worked flawlessly thanx!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

glad it helped ya guys, gota love xda.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
glad it helped ya guys, gota love xda.

Goto love that guy sinnn. He is awesome! Helped me out alot! I think he is not a llama too. I might be wrong. I tried those steps darren, and gps is flawless! Thxs llama!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks the gps fix worked like a champ!!!!

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kava is a n00b

wow thanks a lot.. got it accurate to 2 meters.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I found another way of doing this too. I can confirm that this works.

"Fixing the GPS no fix issue on the Samsung Epic 4g requires you to do a manufacturer's reset by obtaining the MSL code from Sprint. Once you get the MSL Code, remove the SD Card and Enter ##786# on the dialer keypad. You will see two options: View and Reset. Tap on the Reset option and you will get a prompt to enter the MSL code. At this point you will be asked if you want to do a manufacter's reset, enter yes. The phone will shut down and reset itself after a few seconds. Once the process is complete, the phone will go through a hands free activation. After the activation process, updates may be downloaded and installed. Now that all updates have been performed, you may check to see if your GPS is working by going to Google Maps. You should be able to lock in GPS signal in under 10 seconds. Thats it. Your GPS woes are over."

Actually it didn't automatically activate for me, I went into SprintZone and it did it from there.

Last edited by WorldWide; 01-09-2011 at 11:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:25 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
I found another way of doing this too. I can confirm that this works.

"Fixing the GPS no fix issue on the Samsung Epic 4g requires you to do a manufacturer's reset by obtaining the MSL code from Sprint. Once you get the MSL Code, remove the SD Card and Enter ##786# on the dialer keypad. You will see two options: View and Reset. Tap on the Reset option and you will get a prompt to enter the MSL code. At this point you will be asked if you want to do a manufacter's reset, enter yes. The phone will shut down and reset itself after a few seconds. Once the process is complete, the phone will go through a hands free activation. After the activation process, updates may be downloaded and installed. Now that all updates have been performed, you may check to see if your GPS is working by going to Google Maps. You should be able to lock in GPS signal in under 10 seconds. Thats it. Your GPS woes are over."

Actually it didn't automatically activate for me, I went into SprintZone and it did it from there.
from dk28 "froyo" you did this?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development