PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [GUIDE] Fix for no GPS lock after Froyo flash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138152)

WorldWide 01-09-2011 02:22 PM

Re: [GUIDE] Fix for no GPS lock after Froyo flash

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2033031)
from dk28 "froyo" you did this?

Yup, I called Sprint and got my MSL, went thru the steps and got a 10 sec lock on Sprint nav.

EDIT: I had to odin earlier and the automatic activation did go through when I tried it again. In fact it's way easier for DK28 doing it this way.

darren.wlsn1 01-09-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldWide (Post 2033061)
Yup, I called Sprint and got my MSL, went thru the steps and got a 10 sec lock on Sprint nav.

EDIT: I had to odin earlier and the automatic activation did go through when I tried it again. In fact it's way easier for DK28 doing it this way.

cool, just wanted people to know they can do this on dk28.

djfujiyama 01-10-2011 08:53 PM

My GPS locks fine, but while driving it loses the signal every couple of minutes. Any idea?

darren.wlsn1 01-11-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldWide (Post 2033004)
I found another way of doing this too. I can confirm that this works.

"Fixing the GPS no fix issue on the Samsung Epic 4g requires you to do a manufacturer's reset by obtaining the MSL code from Sprint. Once you get the MSL Code, remove the SD Card and Enter ##786# on the dialer keypad. You will see two options: View and Reset. Tap on the Reset option and you will get a prompt to enter the MSL code. At this point you will be asked if you want to do a manufacter's reset, enter yes. The phone will shut down and reset itself after a few seconds. Once the process is complete, the phone will go through a hands free activation. After the activation process, updates may be downloaded and installed. Now that all updates have been performed, you may check to see if your GPS is working by going to Google Maps. You should be able to lock in GPS signal in under 10 seconds. Thats it. Your GPS woes are over."

Actually it didn't automatically activate for me, I went into SprintZone and it did it from there.

i got a little more info on this, if you call sprint tech they can do this for you ota. dont call them from phone or on pc use chat on sprints site. i just talked to my sprint guy and we did it on a store epic that i flashed dk28 rom on first.

skeegcpp 01-17-2011 07:18 AM

+1 on the ##786# method...afterwards, gps locked in like 5-8 seconds
thx guys

darren.wlsn1 01-17-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 2038143)
+1 on the ##786# method...afterwards, gps locked in like 5-8 seconds
thx guys

also that will stick after you flash another custom froyo rom.

skeegcpp 01-17-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2038146)
also that will stick after you flash another custom froyo rom.

i was wondering if i had to do that after every flash...thx D1

cerchiarax 01-26-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfujiyama (Post 2034047)
My GPS locks fine, but while driving it loses the signal every couple of minutes. Any idea?

Plus one here. I also have the issue. I know I read somewhere in fixing it but can't find the thread. Any ideas guys?

gTen 01-26-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfujiyama (Post 2034047)

Are you using Google Maps?

cerchiarax 01-26-2011 10:57 PM

Here is the solution that fixed this for me:
Im trying this fix below for the disconnects. Hopefully it works.

Go to /data/gps

Remove secgps.conf

The file gets recreated when you use an app that requires gps. I have not had an issue with the gps losing signal since making this change.