PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) old see the new thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137938)

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 10:58 PM

midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) old see the new thread

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the midNIGHT ROM Thread...

Current Releases:

midNIGHT ROM v2.6 EXT4 and Edify Ready

Clockwork3 is supported and can be found here. Please read Dameon87's thread VERY carefully prior to flashing CW3. THIS WILL MAKE ALL CURRENT ZIPS UNUSABLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :)

Change Log:

If you choose to use CW3 Then you will have EXT4 Support Only. CW3 auto converts everything to EXT4.

This ROM can be flashed in the old recovery as well so you can still use RFS. Going forward I will be using the CW3 redirector and ceasing support for RSF unless there is a huge demand for it. It's harder to support dual releases.

All sprint apps removed. (Hotspot remains cause it can't be removed)
TW has been removed.
Custom Boot animation (Thanks .........)
Custom Shutdown animation
Nexus S live wallpaper (including microbes)
Host file modified
build prop modified
Apps included in data allowing for easy removal:
-Launcher Pro
-Spare Parts
-Astro File Manager
-Google Talk
-Quickboot
Completely Stock themed (Stock framework)
-Themes will be separate flashes in order to give you a choice.
Setup Wizard enables in order for easy application and setting restore
Nexus S Ringtones/Notifications/UI Sounds Included.
Default Ringtone is set to "old phone"

More to come...... RIght now I'm brain dead.

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 10:59 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.7 (Froyo DK28)

3 Attachment(s)
Current Release:

midNIGHT ROM v2.5 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

midNIGHT ROM v2.5 EXT4 (Dual) Naked Edition Stock Themed

EXT4 Compatible Themes: Thanks to mysteryemotionz for his XML advice

New midNIGHT Theme v3 (AOSP Lock)

New midNIGHT Theme v3 (Stock Lock)

What to see the midNIGHT v3 Theme in action? Stop by my blog and click on the Android Development page..

midNIGHT ROM v2.4EXT4 Dual (Naked Edition)

Screens:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...101_094135.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...101_094120.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...101_094146.png

***Please note photobucket and shootme were installed later in order to take screen shots***
----------------------------------------------------------

midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) Support Stock Themed

You can view a video preview and explanation of midNIGHT ROM v2.4 EXT4 (Dual) at my blog. Click the link and then go to the "Android Development" page at the top.

How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps…….

Things you will need to do prior:

You need to pre-root with the one click root w/ clockwork redirect
Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

1) Boot into clock work and flash the midnight v2.4 ROM
2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select “reboot Recovery” and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the “New” Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the “install-ext4” found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That’s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That’s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

I cannot offer much support with install the EXT4. I can share how I did it. Please see the original thread for support.

You can view the midNIGHT ROM v2.2 EXT4 in action at my blog.

Screens:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...h_NewEmail.png http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...ilSettings.png http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...allpapers3.png http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...allpapers2.png http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...allpapers1.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...229_003732.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...229_003643.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 11:06 PM

Awareness Themes

1 Attachment(s)
As you may or may not be aware I am the father to 3 Autistic boys. Autism has touched our lives in just about every way imaginable. Everyday we are faced with challenges most people can't fathom. My story can be found at my blog "Lost and Tired". One of the biggest challenges we face is tolerance from the general public. The goal with my blog to is share our story so that people know what Autism is like and the challenges we face.

So I came up with the idea for "Awareness Themes". The first one I have for you is a very simple "Autism Awareness" Theme. This is an otherwise stock theme with some simple modifications to the surface of the theme. I wanted it to be simple yet tasteful. For me personally it is a reminder to always be aware. I am constantly looking at my notifications and this serves as great reminder for me. I thought I would share and and spread a little Autism Awareness to this community. My goal as I become better at theming is have more detailed themes but for right now simple is all I can do. I want to add themes for breast cancer awareness and domestic violence awareness as well.

The Autism Awareness Theme Includes:
1) Puzzle piece wallpaper
2) Autism Awareness Ribbon on the notification pull down
3) The notification panels are the "Blue" from the "Autism Speaks" Puzzle Piece
4) I have added transparency to everything themed.

These won't be for everyone but anyone that has a child, family member or other loved one with Autism will understand the importance of what Awareness can do.

Here are some screens:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...212_141958.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...212_142010.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...212_142101.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...212_142150.png

Johnny.Bravo 12-04-2010 11:23 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.0 beta (Froyo DK28) Tonight

Exactly what I have been waiting for. Thanks!

BTW, I assume this will also require us to flash the pit/modem with Odin?

ptfdmedic 12-05-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2007528)

Yup. I'm going to be uploading shortly.

darren.wlsn1 12-05-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo (Post 2007528)

actually no its not needed unless op is doing something different cause new modem was there after i flashed official froyo.

ptfdmedic 12-05-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2007580)
actually no its not needed unless op is doing something different cause new modem was there after i flashed official froyo.

If you mean the OTA update.zip then yes, I believe it flashed the DK28 modem. This release does not include the modem. You will need to flash that via ODIN. I have it attached to the 1st post.

ptfdmedic 12-05-2010 03:00 AM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.0 beta (Froyo DK28) 12/5/2010 Come and get it

COME AND GET IT. ROM in in the 2nd post.....

ptfdmedic 12-05-2010 04:27 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.1(Froyo DK28) w/clockwork redirect: 2 flavors 12/5/2010

New ROM's are up in the 2nd post. They now come themed and stock themed. Also thanks to noobl clockwork redirect is integrated into these rom's now.

Directions remain the same. However, you only had to flash the modem 1 time. If you already have then your good to go.:mrgreen:

darren.wlsn1 12-05-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2007844)
New ROM's are up in the 2nd post. They now come themed and stock themed. Also thanks to noobl clockwork redirect is integrated into these rom's now.

Directions remain the same. However, you only had to flash the modem 1 time. If you already have then your good to go.:mrgreen:

thanx op, gonna finally get to this rom today.

ptfdmedic 12-05-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2007846)
thanx op, gonna finally get to this rom today.

Sweet. Let me know what you think....

darren.wlsn1 12-05-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2007942)
Sweet. Let me know what you think....

i actually like this rom the best of all dk28 officials i have used, nice little mix of apps. and not a ton of theme skinning done which i like. no gps or camera issue and i ran through all apps included plus all my stuff. very nice job on this and i think more ppcg peeps need to try this rom. oh and no fc's and none on stock mail app like other official roms.

ptfdmedic 12-05-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2007967)
i actually like this rom the best of all dk28 officials i have used, nice little mix of apps. and not a ton of theme skinning done which i like. no gps or camera issue and i ran through all apps included plus all my stuff. very nice job on this and i think more ppcg peeps need to try this rom. oh and no fc's and none on stock mail app like other official roms.

Thanks allot. I also uploaded a stock theme version as well.

B5Z 12-06-2010 01:04 PM

Flashed this ROM yesterday afternoon...so far no issues to speak of, no fc's yet, gps locked my location within seconds, camera seems fine too.

Great job ptfdmedic! Thanks for sharing your work bro!

natataka 12-06-2010 06:01 PM

i actually like swype. how bad is the keyboard lag? can someone point me out to the stock 2.2 swype apk?

darren.wlsn1 12-06-2010 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by natataka (Post 2008529)
i actually like swype. how bad is the keyboard lag? can someone point me out to the stock 2.2 swype apk?

i hae a thread with all the stock apk's, lemme get it. lots of cool live wallpapers there too if you wanna use any.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...ts-thread.html

wudstock54 12-06-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2007967)

I am getting forced close on Email and GPS doesn't work but otherwise this just may be my favorite rom. Best battery life over the short term yet. Fast and stable as well. Thanks for all your efforts. They are appreciated.

natataka 12-06-2010 06:44 PM

awesome! ill check it..thanks

ptfdmedic 12-06-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudstock54 (Post 2008557)
I am getting forced close on Email and GPS doesn't work but otherwise this just may be my favorite rom. Best battery life over the short term yet. Fast and stable as well. Thanks for all your efforts. They are appreciated.

If you are getting FC's boot to recovery and wipe the Dalvik cache. Did you wipe data and cache after flashing. If not I would suggest trying that. The only FC's that I have seen are probably related to app compatibility from the market or ANY restored apps....Don't restore any data or apps from a previous rom after flashing this.

Thanks for the support

darren.wlsn1 12-06-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2008615)
If you are getting FC's boot to recovery and wipe the Dalvik cache. Did you wipe data and cache after flashing. If not I would suggest trying that. The only FC's that I have seen are probably related to app compatibility from the market or ANY restored apps....Don't restore any data or apps from a previous rom after flashing this.

Thanks for the support

100% agree that this is 99% of peoples problems, only back up/restore apks and separate back up for saved game data ect.

natataka 12-06-2010 09:00 PM

help! im stuck at recovery mode. when i reboot, it just cycles back to the stock recovery. i can take the bat off and go to clockwork. this is my first custom rom, so im still learning. is there a way that i can mount the sd card? ive tried at clockwork, but it does nothing?

seems like i can access recovery and odin how can i fix this?

ptfdmedic 12-06-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natataka (Post 2008666)
help! im stuck at recovery mode. when i reboot, it just cycles back to the stock recovery. i can take the bat off and go to clockwork. this is my first custom rom, so im still learning. is there a way that i can mount the sd card? ive tried at clockwork, but it does nothing?

seems like i can access recovery and odin how can i fix this?

What exactly did you do. The more information you can give me the better. You can do odin if you can get into download mode. Heres a link for the DK28 version.

When you get into the factory recovery do you select reboot from there? If not try that.

Please let me know how I can help.....

natataka 12-06-2010 10:04 PM

i think my issue is i dont know what odin does. do i always need to put a pit? whats the pda slot? is that where the image file goes? and modem??? do i need this

the link you provided, do i extract this? im just totally lost right now.

natataka 12-06-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2008684)
What exactly did you do. The more information you can give me the better. You can do odin if you can get into download mode. Heres a link for the DK28 version.

When you get into the factory recovery do you select reboot from there? If not try that.

Please let me know how I can help.....

used your link to get back to stock froyo. thanks alot! i had so many files that i dl and i probably mixed up different ones.

im still uncertain of the odin stuff. what pit pda phone are...do i need them all the time? i see cooks includes phone modem..what about pit?

im use to winmo being alll in one package. can someone enlighten me. thanks in advance

darren.wlsn1 12-06-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natataka (Post 2008698)
used your link to get back to stock froyo. thanks alot! i had so many files that i dl and i probably mixed up different ones.

im still uncertain of the odin stuff. what pit pda phone are...do i need them all the time? i see cooks includes phone modem..what about pit?

im use to winmo being alll in one package. can someone enlighten me. thanks in advance

please do some reading here or google.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...lick-root.html

natataka 12-06-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2008699)
please do some reading here or google.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...lick-root.html

right on..ill reread these. thanks

darren.wlsn1 12-06-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natataka (Post 2008703)

i was in same boat coming from wm also and reading helps a ton, it will all get easy soon like wm did but feel free to ask questions if you still cant figure something out and a good thing about android is its almost impossible to brick.

ptfdmedic 12-06-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natataka (Post 2008703)

There are some really good reads both here and at XDA. Glad you are back up and running. I miss the winmo days. They were much easier but Android is a much better phone. Please feel free to ask questions and I will answer what I can. Do try to search first as that will probably yield faster results...

There are many advantages to going with a custom ROM. Odin is there so you can always go back to stock. Don't check anything other then what is already checked when you launch odin. Select the pit file provided and load the .tar with the pda button. This will flash the ROM, modem and kernel. The only time you touch the phone button is to flash a modem.bin (pretty rare). That's it. Your phone will reboot and be back to stock (some odin restores include root and clockwork as well. They are typically called extended versions).

Maverick77 12-07-2010 11:19 AM

This ROM looks cool. Going to give it a try.

ptfdmedic 12-07-2010 09:55 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.2(Froyo DK28) w/clockwork redirect 12/7/2010

New ROM is see. Check out the 1st post for change log.

Thanks for your continued=D> support.

bobbyblack 12-07-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2009364)
New ROM is see. Check out the 1st post for change log.

Thanks for your continued=D> support.

You should post your ROM on xda-developers.com

nosmohtac 12-07-2010 11:48 PM

I followed instructions to a "t", but after booting into recovery mode and flashing the rom.zip file, I wiped again three times and then selected reboot. It took me back to stock recovery and would not let me out. I had to reflash back to di18 and now my screen doesn't auto-rotate. Any ideas?

wudstock54 12-07-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosmohtac (Post 2009432)
I followed instructions to a "t", but after booting into recovery mode and flashing the rom.zip file, I wiped again three times and then selected reboot. It took me back to stock recovery and would not let me out. I had to reflash back to di18 and now my screen doesn't auto-rotate. Any ideas?

Are you rebooting to system or to recovery? There is a choice on CWM.

nosmohtac 12-08-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudstock54 (Post 2009445)
Are you rebooting to system or to recovery? There is a choice on CWM.

You know, I think you're right. I didn't notice that and probably rebooted into recovery. It wouldn't let me back out though.
I'll try again later tonight and see what happens. I just got called to work and had to put the laptop away.
Thanks for the quick reply.

nosmohtac 12-08-2010 01:11 AM

I upgraded to 2.2.1 using the update.zip. the first time I did it, gps would not lock, but it does now.
Can I load this rom from froyo, and if so, does the one click root & clockwork recovery that worked on DI18 work on DK28?
If not what do I need to do to install this rom over the so called official dk28?

darren.wlsn1 12-08-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosmohtac (Post 2009483)
I upgraded to 2.2.1 using the update.zip. the first time I did it, gps would not lock, but it does now.
Can I load this rom from froyo, and if so, does the one click root & clockwork recovery that worked on DI18 work on DK28?
If not what do I need to do to install this rom over the so called official dk28?

if your rooted just odin modem then use clockwork to flash rom.

nosmohtac 12-08-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2009554)
if your rooted just odin modem then use clockwork to flash rom.

After flashing the OTA update.zip, it still shows that I'm rooted, but I lost clockwork recovery and it went back to stock recovery. Can I use the same one click clockwork recovery on DK28 that I used on DI18?

wudstock54 12-08-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosmohtac (Post 2009579)
After flashing the OTA update.zip, it still shows that I'm rooted, but I lost clockwork recovery and it went back to stock recovery. Can I use the same one click clockwork recovery on DK28 that I used on DI18?

The same thing happened to me with a different rom and I used 1 click to reinstall CWM.

ptfdmedic 12-08-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosmohtac (Post 2009448)
You know, I think you're right. I didn't notice that and probably rebooted into recovery. It wouldn't let me back out though.
I'll try again later tonight and see what happens. I just got called to work and had to put the laptop away.
Thanks for the quick reply.

The stock recovery is blue while the clockwork recovery is green.

ptfdmedic 12-08-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudstock54 (Post 2009582)
The same thing happened to me with a different rom and I used 1 click to reinstall CWM.

In some rare cases Root can be broken. Just because you have the superuser app installed doesn't mean root is working. If this does happen you can either reflash or just use the 1 click root by noobnl and be back up an running in a few seconds.