PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
If he fixed it great. There are a lot of people wanting it to be fixed. It has something to do with the services.jar I think. Send your self a few texts and power off your screen. When you hear the message alert just let it sit for a few minutes. What happens eventually is the touch wizard lockscreen will appear and gives you the option to check the message. Once you clear the message it will revert back to the AOSP lockscreen. Eventually this is how I get the bug to show up. I would love to incorporate a working version. Please let me know your findings...could you post a link to the version you installed. I want to give this a try. You have gotten my hopes up now. Also check the 2nd post for the TW restore zip. I haven't tried it but it should work. Backup everything first... Thais should replace the launcher pro. Check for it in a few minutes....

Thanks for you help

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/New Market (SUPER FAST) 12/11/201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
If he fixed it great. There are a lot of people wanting it to be fixed. It has something to do with the services.jar I think. Send your self a few texts and power off your screen. When you hear the message alert just let it sit for a few minutes. What happens eventually is the touch wizard lockscreen will appear and gives you the option to check the message. Once you clear the message it will revert back to the AOSP lockscreen. Eventually this is how I get the bug to show up. I would love to incorporate a working version. Please let me know your findings...could you post a link to the version you installed. I want to give this a try. You have gotten my hopes up now. Also check the 2nd post for the TW restore zip. I haven't tried it but it should work. Backup everything first... Thais should replace the launcher pro. Check for it in a few minutes....

Thanks for you help

I uploaded the lockscreen zip in the same post where I mentioned it. Look back one page and you'll see it. Also, if you are referring to the fact that when you get a call or a text it gives you the screen that allows you to choose between answering the call/text or ignoring it, I wouldn't consider that a bug, I'd call that an upgrade. I love that it does that. Check out the one I uploaded and see if it works for you.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 AM
ptfdmedic

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/New Market (SUPER FAST) 12/11/201

Full v2.0.5 ROM is up. I also posted a restore to TW zip. I haven't tried it so make sure you back up your phone prior to flashing the TW Restore. PLease let me know if you are successful and I'll update the post that it is confirmed working.

Everything is in the 2nd post.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:41 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Think I got overlooked.....is the mms size increase incorporated in this rom...thx
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I uploaded the lockscreen zip in the same post where I mentioned it. Look back one page and you'll see it. Also, if you are referring to the fact that when you get a call or a text it gives you the screen that allows you to choose between answering the call/text or ignoring it, I wouldn't consider that a bug, I'd call that an upgrade. I love that it does that. Check out the one I uploaded and see if it works for you.
No I am not referring to that. I am referring to the fact that if you get a text message while your phone is locked sometimes it will revert back to the Samsung lockscreen and give you the choice to unlock or view the message. Once you clear or view the unread messages it goes back to the AOSP lock screen. THAT IS A BUG... There are people working on it over at XDA but noone has been able to locate the problem. That is what I am referring to. It should never revert back to the Samsung Lockscreen if it is working correctly. I am not referring to the options/screen that appears when a incoming call arrives. They are unrelated.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:46 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Think I got overlooked.....is the mms size increase incorporated in this rom...thx

I believe it is as mammon88 is the author of the hack I believe and the creator of this base... I haven't tried it yet though. If it isn't I'll post an update zip.

So let me know if you try it out. Sorry if I overlooked you comment. Thanks for the support
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:52 AM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Full v2.0.5 ROM is up. I also posted a restore to TW zip. I haven't tried it so make sure you back up your phone prior to flashing the TW Restore. PLease let me know if you are successful and I'll update the post that it is confirmed working.

Everything is in the 2nd post.
Works like a charm. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Wow already an update? Sweet I really like this rom. If I just install the new updated rom over this one via clockwork I won't need to do a backup and it will automatically update the necessary files?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/New Market (SUPER FAST) 12/12/201

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
Wow already an update? Sweet I really like this rom. If I just install the new updated rom over this one via clockwork I won't need to do a backup and it will automatically update the necessary files?

Yes, if you just flash the update you will have everything you need and your files will remain intact. That said always have a back up just in case something goes wrong.....

Thanks for the support

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 12-12-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
nous défions

Quote:
No I am not referring to that. I am referring to the fact that if you get a text message while your phone is locked sometimes it will revert back to the Samsung lockscreen and give you the choice to unlock or view the message. Once you clear or view the unread messages it goes back to the AOSP lock screen. THAT IS A BUG... There are people working on it over at XDA but noone has been able to locate the problem. That is what I am referring to. It should never revert back to the Samsung Lockscreen if it is working correctly. I am not referring to the options/screen that appears when a incoming call arrives. They are unrelated.
Oh, ok. I haven't seen that happen yet, but if I see it happen I'll post it here or PM you. Thanks for this ROM, the battery life is already way better than any other Froyo ROM I have tried yet.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development