PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) v2.5 EXT4 (DUAL) New Kernel >also naked edition< 01/03/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
The edify roms use s different script. CW3 does not support the current scripted zips. Thats why if you boot into CW3 and try to flash non edify compliant zips they will fail.
ya i get that part and cw3 seems easier to use than cwm 1 or 2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) old see the new thread

The ROM is up in the 1st post. You guys can flash it with the current clockwork if you don't want EXT4 support. Or flash the the new CW3 to auto convert to ext4 and then flash the rom. Important note that you need to use the 3 finger method to boot into clockwork 3 for now. Remember that current zips won't install with CW3
Old 01-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What do you mean by "Remember that current zips won't install with CW3"....what zips are you referring to? I am guessing all old Theme Zips and others mentioned in this thread.

dja2k

Last edited by dja2k; 01-05-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:46 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
What do you mean by "Remember that current zips won't install with CW3"....what zips are you referring to? I am guessing all old Theme Zips and others mentioned in this thread.

dja2k
yes sir that is correct, im sure the mods will be rolling out soon cause I THINK is a matter of re signing the zips for cw3.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo800
Carrier: sprint

mikenicee is a n00b

Hey Guys. Im new to this. I tried to get the newest 2.6 MidNight Rom, but got stuck. I have used Odin to flash DK28 (the first part of the instructions..originally..)

When I did the cmd promp, andbotted into clockwork, I went to 3.0, not the 2.5.1.0 that it was supposed to.

What I just want to know, is what link I should follow now to get this epic to be on EXT4 and 2.6 Rom. The phone is currently not Rooted. So I have basic DK28 right now. What next?

thanks for your help
Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenicee View Post
Hey Guys. Im new to this. I tried to get the newest 2.6 MidNight Rom, but got stuck. I have used Odin to flash DK28 (the first part of the instructions..originally..)

When I did the cmd promp, andbotted into clockwork, I went to 3.0, not the 2.5.1.0 that it was supposed to.

What I just want to know, is what link I should follow now to get this epic to be on EXT4 and 2.6 Rom. The phone is currently not Rooted. So I have basic DK28 right now. What next?

thanks for your help
if dk28 is on phone use cwm 2.5.5 that has redirect then pick up op's directions for ext4.

One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.5.5 Now has ClockworkMod Redirector! - xda-developers

wait are you wanting to use the edify rom?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Lurker

mikenicee is a n00b

Whichever is the most stable/speed froyo rom available. Which would that be?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenicee View Post
Whichever is the most stable/speed froyo rom available. Which would that be?
well both are very stable but with edify there is not much customization you can do as of yet so if you like themes ect. then use ext4 but im sure edify themes will be here very soon. its your call but if you want edify then use other thread for install instructions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...-1-5-11-a.html
Old 01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Lurker

mikenicee is a n00b

When I boot to cW3, do I install from .zip and use the Midnight Rom.zip?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic

Andre.R is a n00b

Would just like everyone to know I got the GPS working.
Odin to di18
Verify gps lock
Odin dk28
Verified gps lock
Flash midNight rom.
Verified gps lock.

All good.

Not sure why didn't work before.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development