PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) New Kernel "One ROM Fits All" 12/31/20

great work
Old 12-31-2010, 06:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) New Kernel "One ROM Fits All" 12/31/20

i need a mirror, no clue whats going on with multiupload but theres issues for me on 3 browsers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i need a mirror, no clue whats going on with multiupload but theres issues for me on 3 browsers.
All I can do is re-up to rapidshare unless someone else wants to mirror it....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 PM
ptfdmedic

How to install EXT4 on a rooted DK28 ROM in 3 steps…….

Things you will need to do prior:

You need to pre-root with the one click root w/ clockwork redirect
Copy the midNIGHT v2.4 ROM over to your SD card. Make sure you have the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder on your desktop. The files are found here

3 EASY STEPS

1) Boot into clock work and flash the midnight v2.4 ROM
2) Once completed back out to the main menu in clockwork and scroll down to advanced and select “reboot Recovery” and plug the usb cable into the phone.
3) Once your back into the “New” Recovery v2.5.1.2 run the “install-ext4” found inside the OneClickEXT4.v1.3 folder (That’s on your computer) and wait 3-5 minutes for it to complete then reflash the midNIGHT ROM
That’s it. You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.

Before you doubt this procedure try it for yourself. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Let me explain why this works. The prepare zip is the means by which you install the new recovery. That's all it does. The new recovery is already included in my rom. Flashing the KERN-DK28EXT4 is doing just that flashing the kernel. My rom already has that included as well. So by flashing the ROM first you have installed the Recovery(prepared zip) and the new kernel (KERN-DK28EXT4) all in one motion. Then all that's left is to plug in and run the install bat. It's really mush easier this way. I was aiming to make it accessible to more people with different experience levels.

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 01-01-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 PM
ptfdmedic

I did check all the links on multiupload and they are all working. I downloaded in about 4 minutes. If you need a mirror all I can offer is Rapidshare. You would not believe the amount of times this is being downloaded......

PLease let me know what you guys need.

Also I cleaned up the 1st and 2nd posts. I removed all the older ROMs and links as they are obsolete. The DUAL ROMS are what I will be doing going forward until enough people are on EXT4 to justify retiring RFS support. I also updated new instructions on how to install EXT4.

I got it down to like 3 steps. Very esay and I have done it multiple times today with no problems Good luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.[/QUOTE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (53.1 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work

I saw your reflection on the phone's screen... when the last time did you shave?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
The current themes work. The only thing I have noticed is tha when you plug the phone it the battery gauge disappears. When you unplug it it comes back..

Haven't been able to figure it out yet.
D'oh!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
You can download Quadrant from the market. Run it and see your new score.
[/QUOTE]

what was your score?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what was your score?[/QUOTE]

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development