PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

natataka is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.1(Froyo DK28) w/clockwork redirect: 2 flavors 12/5/2010

help! im stuck at recovery mode. when i reboot, it just cycles back to the stock recovery. i can take the bat off and go to clockwork. this is my first custom rom, so im still learning. is there a way that i can mount the sd card? ive tried at clockwork, but it does nothing?

seems like i can access recovery and odin how can i fix this?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natataka View Post
help! im stuck at recovery mode. when i reboot, it just cycles back to the stock recovery. i can take the bat off and go to clockwork. this is my first custom rom, so im still learning. is there a way that i can mount the sd card? ive tried at clockwork, but it does nothing?

seems like i can access recovery and odin how can i fix this?
What exactly did you do. The more information you can give me the better. You can do odin if you can get into download mode. Heres a link for the DK28 version.

When you get into the factory recovery do you select reboot from there? If not try that.

Please let me know how I can help.....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

natataka is a n00b

i think my issue is i dont know what odin does. do i always need to put a pit? whats the pda slot? is that where the image file goes? and modem??? do i need this

the link you provided, do i extract this? im just totally lost right now.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

natataka is a n00b
Smile Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.1(Froyo DK28) w/clockwork redirect: 2 flavors 12/5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
What exactly did you do. The more information you can give me the better. You can do odin if you can get into download mode. Heres a link for the DK28 version.

When you get into the factory recovery do you select reboot from there? If not try that.

Please let me know how I can help.....
used your link to get back to stock froyo. thanks alot! i had so many files that i dl and i probably mixed up different ones.

im still uncertain of the odin stuff. what pit pda phone are...do i need them all the time? i see cooks includes phone modem..what about pit?

im use to winmo being alll in one package. can someone enlighten me. thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
used your link to get back to stock froyo. thanks alot! i had so many files that i dl and i probably mixed up different ones.

im still uncertain of the odin stuff. what pit pda phone are...do i need them all the time? i see cooks includes phone modem..what about pit?

im use to winmo being alll in one package. can someone enlighten me. thanks in advance
please do some reading here or google.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...lick-root.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

natataka is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
please do some reading here or google.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...lick-root.html

right on..ill reread these. thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
i was in same boat coming from wm also and reading helps a ton, it will all get easy soon like wm did but feel free to ask questions if you still cant figure something out and a good thing about android is its almost impossible to brick.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
There are some really good reads both here and at XDA. Glad you are back up and running. I miss the winmo days. They were much easier but Android is a much better phone. Please feel free to ask questions and I will answer what I can. Do try to search first as that will probably yield faster results...

There are many advantages to going with a custom ROM. Odin is there so you can always go back to stock. Don't check anything other then what is already checked when you launch odin. Select the pit file provided and load the .tar with the pda button. This will flash the ROM, modem and kernel. The only time you touch the phone button is to flash a modem.bin (pretty rare). That's it. Your phone will reboot and be back to stock (some odin restores include root and clockwork as well. They are typically called extended versions).
Old 12-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This ROM looks cool. Going to give it a try.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.2(Froyo DK28) w/clockwork redirect 12/7/2010

New ROM is see. Check out the 1st post for change log.

Thanks for your continued support.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development