PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM 1.0.1 (Sai) :: Speed, Battery, Style :: UPDATED 11/5/2010

k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present...

Version 1.0.1
Updated 11/5/2010
Screenshots, downloads, and changelog in second post!

Why SyndicateROM?

SyndicateROM is designed from the ground up for stability, battery life, and most of all, speed! The entire system has been slimmed - not merely by APK removal, but from the ground up. Every aspect of the system has been examined - and is still being examined - to find unneccesary components, and root them out. What does this do for you? Simple - it frees up storage for your personal choice of apps, reduces overall memory usage, and reduces running services, thus freeing up CPU cycles and returning some of your all-important battery life.

(Naturally, any ROM is a work in progress - and even more great things are to come!)

In addition to the system-level tweaks and optimizations (including full OptiPNG optimization of APKs, removal of non-HDPI resources and non-English language packs, and more), SyndicateROM is designed to give users choice. Already, we have multiple themes (note - these are coming soon), and three different "editions" - see below! Whatever you're looking for in an Epic ROM, keep scrolling - you'll find it here.

What's in SyndicateROM?
SyndicateROM is:
  • based on DI18
  • kernel rooted
  • deodexed
  • zip-aligned
  • PNG-optimized
  • hand-tweaked from the ground up

SyndicateROM includes:
  • LauncherPro
  • Evo YouTube (YouTube 2.0.26 is buggy)
  • Wireless Tether (working out of box!)
  • Wired Tether (working out of box!)
  • AOSP lock screen
  • Astro file manager
  • ROM Manager
  • Android 2.2 Market
  • fully up-to-date Google Apps
  • Fascinate music player (Disc View works, no Shop button FC!)
  • Desk Clock (no force closes, music button works!)
  • GenieWidget
  • Car Home (From Vibrant, stable and fully functional)
  • AppWidgetPicker
  • WiFi Status
  • Spare Parts
  • Numerous visual tweaks (new app icons, custom startup/shutdown animations, new wallpaper)
  • Adobe Reader (fills conspicuous PDF viewing hole!)
  • Ad blocking in apps and browser
  • Browser homepage changed to Google
  • Xtreme Kernel! (undervolt, overclock, RNDIS, and much more!)
  • ES File Manager (Better than Astro!)

Naturally, in all versions, the Sprintware and Samsung widgets have been removed. All but Fully Loaded are nearly Sprint/Samsung-free!

In addition, SyndicateROM "Fully Loaded" includes:
  • Full line of live wallpapers
  • Ringtones from Nexus One and Samsung Moment
  • Thinkfree Office
  • Flash Lite
  • Social Network Sync
  • ADW Launcher
  • Vibrant TouchWiz 3.0
  • Home Switcher
  • AllShare

(continued in post below)

Here is the first Syndicate theme and its HOT!!! thanks to Blazinazn http://k0nane.info/rom/syndicatetheme-signed.zip
Just flash thru recovery after initial boot of rom.
And here is the Wallpaper for those who like it just place on root of sdcard or system/media Attachment 434480

Thank you to All the members of ACSyndicate who spent many hours and long nights working hard to bring you this stunning piece of work
cquinerly
DevinXtreme
Deadalivedesign
bretwalters13
juryduty
blazinazn

And of Course the Chef K0nane

Make Sure to follow us on Twitter for future updates and releases.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Re: [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM 1.0.1 (Sai) :: Speed, Battery, Style :: UPDATED 11/5/2010

Screenshots

]

Downloads - Version 1.0.1
featuring Xtreme Kernel

These do NOT wipe /data! However, if you are coming from another ROM we strongly suggest doing a factory reset! Upgrades do not need wipes.

Download "Standard" (Direct) | Mirrors :: Dropbox - Mediafire
Standard is the perfect blend between lightness and features - the "developer's choice"!

Download "Fully Loaded" (Direct) | Mirrors :: Dropbox - Mediafire
Fully Loaded is chock-full of features and apps to complete your Epic experience (sorry Schizopunk! )

Download "Superslim" (Direct) | Mirrors :: Dropbox - Mediafire
Superslim is what it sounds like - and so much more! Paired down to only 74mb, Superslim retains all of the features of a great Epic ROM, while keeping a highly attractive figure! (Note: in the interest of size and modularity, this build does not include Xtreme Kernel.)

Note: The Dropbox links are temporarily down! You guys generated so much traffic Dropbox suspended them! Use the main mirror, 1and1 likes me.

Version 1.0.1 - Sai
- Superslim boots properly
- Superslim/Standard: added live wallpaper picker
- All versions: Added Email app
- All versions: LauncherPro in /data/app
- Fully Loaded: AllShare added
- Superslim: resolved startup bug
- Standard/Fully Loaded: one Carrier IQ service disabled!
- Standard/Fully Loaded: Performance boost! Kernel updated, Linpack 13 acheivable!
- Standard/Fully Loaded: Music player's "Shop" button no longer causes FC (the bug was not unique to this ROM - but the fix is!)
- Standard/Fully Loaded: Removed Astro, added ES File Manager
- All versions: new default wallpaper!
- Linpack now works correctly!

What is Carrier IQ? Carrier IQ is essentially spyware. It tracks signal data, app usage data, and other such things. We feel this is intrusive and adds nothing to the user experience. Thanks to DevinXtreme we've disabled the "iqmsd" service, the backend daemon that powers Carrier IQ. Other parts are highly integrated into the OS, but we're working to root them all out. What's left should be harmless.

Version 1.0 - Katana
- initial release
- running at 1.0ghz, use SetCPU to change
- IMPORTANT: Linpack scores are absolutely incorrect! This is due to the massive changes in our new kernel - DevinXtreme is very aware of the issue and is working very hard to correct it!
- Known bug: FC when turning on Airplane Mode in Standard and Superslim. This is due to TouchWiz being completely removed. However, Airplane Mode functions correctly, and we have noticed no other bugs related to TouchWiz - including sync functions.
- Known bug: Windows adb will get some odd characters when you do an ls. The kernel is making Linux adb pretty - DevinXtreme is aware of the issue.
- Known quirk: LauncherPro is in /system/app. We had to do this for customization reasons - it will be different in the next release.

(continued in post below)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM 1.0.1 (Sai) :: Speed, Battery, Style :: UPDATED 11/5/2010

Userbars

If you like our ROM, please show your support by placing a userbar with a link to this thread in your signature! We have four different styles available. (Thanks to ACS member Pseudoremora for providing these!)

Credits

We would like to thank everyone below for their hard work, and for their valuable contributions, some of which we've included in this ROM. The entire Android Creative Syndicate thanks you!

• noobnl
  • Firon
  • Koush
  • Bubby323
  • Schizopunk
  • Raiderep
  • Gremlyn1
  • Hero_Over
  • Nullghost
  • the crew in #Samsung-Epic
  • pulser_g2 and the XDA mod team

If we've used something of yours or you've contributed in any way and we've not added your name above, we apologize! Please send k0nane or rjmjr69 a PM and we'll get you added as soon as possible.

Special thanks to rjmjr69, our team leader, without whom this ROM and the team behind it would not exist.

Donations

SyndicateROM and any other ACS productions are not, and will never be donationware. However, I (k0nane) and the rest of the Android Creative Syndicate have put many hours into the development of SyndicateROM, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future - to Froyo and beyond! Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is deeply appreciated!

And unlike someone named Kyle, we will never take your money and run!

Full disclosure: All donations go to me (k0nane), by decision of ACS's team leader, and because everyone else opted out!

//this post and the two above written by ACS Lead Dev k0nane, available at XDA-Devs or Freenode #Samsung-Epic
Old 11-05-2010, 10:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Does Samsung Kies work with this rom since it uses Vibrant's TouchWiz?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Does Samsung Kies work with this rom since it uses Vibrant's TouchWiz?

Thats a good question we have not tested it...
Old 11-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800
Carrier: sprint

jaydube is a n00b

Best rom i've tried (test all that came out). no fc, crashes, battery pulls. Been running since first release. Great job and thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

If i'm coming from another ROM and I go into Clockwork and do a Backup, can I install this ROM and do a restore after I wipe? Or do I have to start fresh?

Old 11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
If i'm coming from another ROM and I go into Clockwork and do a Backup, can I install this ROM and do a restore after I wipe? Or do I have to start fresh?
I recommend on all roms that you use mybackuppro.....Titanium and CW are too buggy....so if you dont have it.....my recommendation is start fresh....I use mybackup pro to restore data only for things that are not affected in system and when I restore apps I only restore data with them if I absolutely need it.....otherwise just apk...........I have tried numerous roms and see others report issues and I never have any issues doing it this way.......I am up and running within 5 minutes each time...take it foe whats it worth....

BTW this rom/kernel kicks some serious ass!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I recommend on all roms that you use mybackuppro.....Titanium and CW are too buggy....so if you dont have it.....my recommendation is start fresh....I use mybackup pro to restore data only for things that are not affected in system and when I restore apps I only restore data with them if I absolutely need it.....otherwise just apk...........I have tried numerous roms and see others report issues and I never have any issues doing it this way.......I am up and running within 5 minutes each time...take it foe whats it worth....

BTW this rom/kernel kicks some serious ass!!!
Thanks, I ended up starting fresh. I will give mybackuppro a shot next time I change ROMs.

Also, I agree. This rom is awesome!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:47 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Very good ROM & Kernal...so far I have not had any issues.

Thanks for sharing!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development