PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM]midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATED 12/4/2010 (DK28 coming soon, hopefully) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137830)

ptfdmedic 12-02-2010 04:53 PM

[ROM]midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATED 12/4/2010 (DK28 coming soon, hopefully)

3 Attachment(s)
You may remember me form the TP threads back in the WM 6.xx days. It's been about a year since my last release. I have been working to get a good understanding of Android and it is vastly different then Windows Mobile was/is. I have been messing around with a few roms for a little bit now and they work really well for me and I thought would share with you guys. These ROMS aren't a huge departure but have been customized to fit my needs. They are simple and quick. As I learn more I will be more creative.

Ok the Rom is ready.. First of all this ROM is based off the Quantum ROM 1.4. So a HUGE THANKS go out to Dameon87 over at XDA. He put together a very stable ROM. Click on his name to visit his thread over at XDA.

I have been playing around with this ROM for a while now. I have been trying different things and basically customizing the ROM to fit my needs. I got everything working good so I thought I would share what I have done.
As I said I developing on Android is a big change from WM so I am starting out small. This is a very basic "stock" type ROM.

Here is what the ROM includes:

V1.0.0
Based on the Froyo DK17 leak.
Rooted/Deoxed/Zip-Aligned ect
Theme and AOSP Lockscreen Fixed (menu DOES NOT unlock the phone) Thanks bubby323
Replaced the stock Android keyboard with Multi-touch Droid X keyboard. Thanks (locating)
Re-enabled boot sound
Added "My Files" for convience
All other Sprint apps are gone.
TW Launcher (sort by ABC's)
GPS FIXED. Thanks BThomas22x

v1.0.1 Change log (Screen Shots in 2nd post ) coming soon

Brand new ROM base: Thanks ahmgsk
Removed TouchWiz
Added Launcher Pro
Restored Samsung Calculator (I like the swipe away keyboard)
Removed Multi touch keyboard due to bugs with hardware keyboard (Android is only keyboard) -Swype flashable zip attached
Added voicemail app back
Modified build-prop for protected apps in the market
Restored Sammy lockscreen due to bugs with AOSP lockscreen
Modified Host files (Unblocked Wordpress app)
Some other tweaks and performance adjustments.
Modified framework
Changed default wallpaper

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OR IT PROBABLY WON'T WORK

Instructions:

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU SCREWING UP YOUR PHONE........

1) odin to the DK17 stock. This will install the DK modem as well as root and clockwork in about 2 minutes. Read about that here. Thanks art3mis-nyc

2) After you odin to "stock" DK17 you need to power off the phone and boot into clockwork.
3) Everyone has a different opinion about this part but this is what I do and it works well for me.
-wipe data 3x, wipe cache x3 then wipe Dalvik x3
-flash .zip from SD card
-wipe data 3x, wipe cache x3 and finally wipe Dalvik x3
4) Boot in the ROM and enjoy.

For those you may have missed it, screenshots are in the 2nd post :)

v1.0.1 midNIGHT Froyo (DK17) v 1.0.1
v1.0.0midNIGHT ROM 1.0.0 (Rapidshare)

UPDATE: I attached a flashable zip to restore the stock theme.
UPDATE: I also attached a flashable zip to restore the Sammy lock screen. After a few days the message bug popped back up again. This bug happens sometimes when yo ave an unread text message. WHen you turn on the phone the Sammy lock screen is there instea of the other one. This zip will completely restore the Sammy lock screen therefore removing the bug.

ptfdmedic 12-02-2010 04:54 PM

Re: Return of the midNIGHT ROM (Coming Soon)

Alright I got some screens for you guys......
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_013119.png
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_013252.png
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_013140.png
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_013052.png
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_013501.png

ptfdmedic 12-02-2010 04:54 PM

Re: Return of the midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached a modified theme in this post. Personally I think it look pretty badass... Your welcome to it.
I would like to Thank jprocha101 for helping me out with some image files and a sweet tutorial.
I also want to Thank bubby323 for the original theme I worked with...

This is my first real Android theme edit. Let me know what you think.
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_195511.pnghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...204_195501.png

Instructions:
Boot into clockwork and flash the zip.
Wipe Dalvik cache
Reboot and wait a few minutes

austin420 12-02-2010 05:20 PM

dont mind him. hes our town drunk / town crier built in to one.
not a good combo.
i for one look forward to it. dk17 rocks.

darren.wlsn1 12-02-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 (Post 2006105)
Booooooooooooo!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

why even post this?

nice to see our first "in house" cook, thanx op

darren.wlsn1 12-02-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 (Post 2006149)
I take serious offence! On another note, op... Scrap it! Within a week we haz dk26. :)

so, only helps the op cook. just let the op worry about cooking/builds, im sure he is in the loop.

ptfdmedic 12-02-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2006139)
why even post this?

nice to see our first "in house" cook, thanx op

Let's say "tinkerer" for now. lol

Just getting my feet wet and figuring some things out. I will say as much as I hated the windows mobile registry I do miss it. But thanks....

ptfdmedic 12-02-2010 11:19 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v1.0.0 (Froyo DK17)

Alright guys let me know what you think. I also have the same ROM but with the Stock Theme and AOSP lockscreen. Let me know if anyone is interested I can upload it or maybe just try to release a flashable zip.

ptfdmedic 12-02-2010 11:49 PM

Updated OP with flashable zip to return to stock theme. This still retains the AOSP lockscreen.

bondosho 12-03-2010 02:39 AM

If I don't get an 8 billion in Quadrant, I don't care about it!! LOL.

youngblack 12-03-2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 (Post 2006149)
I take serious offence! On another note, op... Scrap it! Within a week we haz dk26. :)

Pathetic and immature... really... how old are you again?

youngblack 12-03-2010 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2006102)
You may remember me form the TP threads back in the WM 6.xx days. It's been about a year since my last release. I have been working to get a good understanding of Android and it is vastly different then Windows Mobile was/is.

This will mark my first public release in about a year. I am finishing up a few things and should have 2 ROM's posted tonight. They will be based on Froyo Leak DK17 and will require the DK17 modem.

This is basically a place holder. Check back tonight.
Ok the Rom is ready.. First of all this ROM is based off the Quantum ROM 1.4. So a HUGE THANKS go out to Dameon87 over at XDA. He put together a very stable ROM. Click on his name to visit his thread over at XDA.

I have been playing around with this ROM for a while now. I have been trying different things and basically customizing the ROM to fit my needs. I got everything working good so I thought I would share what I have done.
As I said I developing on Android is a big change from WM so I am starting out small. This is a very basic "stock" type ROM.

Here is what the ROM includes:

Based on the Froyo DK17 leak.
Rooted/Deoxed/Zip-Aligned ect
Theme and AOSP Lockscreen Fixed (menu DOES NOT unlock the phone) Thanks bubby323
Replaced the stock Android keyboard with Multi-touch Droid X keyboard. Thanks (locating)
Re-enabled boot sound
Added "My Files" for convience
All other Sprint apps are gone.
TW Launcher (sort by ABC's)
GPS FIXED. Thanks BThomas22x

Instructions:

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU SCREWING UP YOUR PHONE........

1) odin to the DK17 stock. This will install the DK modem as well as root and clockwork in about 2 minutes. Read about that here. Thanks art3mis-nyc

2) After you odin to "stock" DK17 you need to power off the phone and boot into clockwork.
3) Everyone has a different opinion about this part but this is what I do and it works well for me.
-wipe data 3x, wipe cache x3 then wipe Dalvik x3
-flash .zip from SD card
-wipe data 3x, wipe cache x3 and finally wipe Dalvik x3
4) Boot in the ROM and enjoy.

midNIGHT ROM 1.0.0 (Rapidshare)

UPDATE: I attached a flashable zip to restore the stock theme.

I'm not going flash Dk17 roms again due to the lag issue I'm experiencing... The DJ29 has been good to me so far... I don't understand how cooks manage to screw up after first Froyo beta release... anyway... for the future would you mind posting screen shots of your work? I think that would help for others...

wudstock54 12-03-2010 07:05 AM

Flashed and loaded ok. GPS still won't lock and time on status bar is black on a dark gray bar so it's very hard to make out. Those are the only issues I've noticed after the first 10 minutes are so. I'll use through out the day to check it out. Thanks for your work.

ptfdmedic 12-03-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngblack (Post 2006485)
I'm not going flash Dk17 roms again due to the lag issue I'm experiencing... The DJ29 has been good to me so far... I don't understand how cooks manage to screw up after first Froyo beta release... anyway... for the future would you mind posting screen shots of your work? I think that would help for others...

WOW. I'm going to assume you weren't trying to be rude. Secondly the screenshots have been in the 2nd post since before the ROM was uploaded. As far as lag issue goes it is most likely user error due to the fact the lag issue has already been fixed.

You need to follow the directions and odin back to DK17 stock prior to flashing. Make sure you wipe every after you odin and after you flash the rom. Do this x3.

ptfdmedic 12-03-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudstock54 (Post 2006491)
Flashed and loaded ok. GPS still won't lock and time on status bar is black on a dark gray bar so it's very hard to make out. Those are the only issues I've noticed after the first 10 minutes are so. I'll use through out the day to check it out. Thanks for your work.

If you have a grey bar and black clock then something didn't go right. Did you follow the direction? I know it can be a pain but it is really important that you follow the instructions.

Your phone should look like the screen shots that were posted in the 2nd post. I would encourage you to try again. As far as GPS goes it has been fixed. I get a lock in a few seconds indoors. Have you tried to use the GPS Status and toolbox? do a search on the market it's a free app and it will show you what you have connected. If your indoors try moving to a window. Did you flash the DK17 radio?

ptfdmedic 12-03-2010 12:24 PM

Will hopefully be uploading v1.0.1 today at some point. Testing now. This will include:

1)Removed the AOSP lockscreen as the new message bug appreared again.
2)Edited the hosts file to fix some blocked apps
3)Increased the UI framerate from 55fps to 60fps. This makes things a bit smoother. I noticed but you may not.

Nothing drastic but some tweaks and performance increases.

darren.wlsn1 12-03-2010 04:27 PM

cant stress enough how important it is to read the instructions with the froyo stuff, i have flashed almost every froyo out there and dont have issues like some of you do, i think alot of you guys are restoring apks/data when you shouldnt and carry 2.1 problems over to 2.2 plus lots of 2.1 apps do not currently work on froyo. kills me that some of you think cooking is easy but i would love to see some of you try it.i really haven't seen what op cooks in but theres lots of flashable zip fixes posted for gps and lag that work just fine.

Johnny.Bravo 12-03-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2006513)
WOW. I'm going to assume you weren't trying to be rude.

I don't think he was trying to be rude. I think it comes naturally.

flyers2114 12-03-2010 07:24 PM

Dont feed into his dumb ass statements..........thats what he wants....ignore his ass and he will go away and find somewhere else to play...

Op great to see development here....keep up the work!!

wudstock54 12-03-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2006515)
If you have a grey bar and black clock then something didn't go right. Did you follow the direction? I know it can be a pain but it is really important that you follow the instructions.

Your phone should look like the screen shots that were posted in the 2nd post. I would encourage you to try again. As far as GPS goes it has been fixed. I get a lock in a few seconds indoors. Have you tried to use the GPS Status and toolbox? do a search on the market it's a free app and it will show you what you have connected. If your indoors try moving to a window. Did you flash the DK17 radio?

I did indeed follow the directions to a "T". Will do on the GPS tool. I did the DK17 modem. I'll give it a try again. Thanks for the advice and the good work. It's much appreciated.

B5Z 12-04-2010 01:13 AM

Nice to see another cook in the kitchen...when I get a chance I will download & take it for a test spin...Thanks for sharing your work!

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 02:22 AM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATE

Uploading v1.0.1 now. Brand new base (DK17). TouchWiz almost completely gone. This is really close to clean and vanilla as possible....

I have been flashing this one all day with out any problems. Will update when it ready for download....

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 03:11 AM

OP is updated as well as Screen shots on 2nd post.
Enjoy and remember to take the extra time to FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. Very Important.

Have a great night...

darren.wlsn1 12-04-2010 10:12 AM

i just found this on xda thats very informative on rooting then flashing a froyo rom.
YouTube - SAMSUNG EPIC 4G HOW TO ROOT AND ADD CUSTOM 2.2 FROYO ROM

it shows all steps from stock including using odin for the modem ect.

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 08:09 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATED 12/4/2010

Updated 3rd post with a new flashable theme. Screens will be up soon...

darren.wlsn1 12-04-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 2007457)
Updated 3rd post with a new flashable theme. Screens will be up soon...

you gonna start on dk28 tonight or soon?

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2007468)
you gonna start on dk28 tonight or soon?

ACS should be releasing a base rom very soon.

I keep hitting F5..Kinda sucks cause I finally finished my theme for this rom and now DK28 is out and I doubt the theme will work. I will have to give it a try and see what happens....

I will definitely be working on this though....I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for the support....

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 09:47 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATED 12/4/2010 (DK28 coming soon, hopefully)

DK28 modem was just released......F5 F5 F5:headbang:

UPDATE: GPS is working really well.....

ptfdmedic 12-04-2010 09:49 PM

Re: midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATED 12/4/2010 (DK28 coming soon, hopefully)

Just flashed DK28 modem via ODIN

downloading ROM now