PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
[ROM]midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1 (Froyo DK17) UPDATED 12/4/2010 (DK28 coming soon, hopefully)

You may remember me form the TP threads back in the WM 6.xx days. It's been about a year since my last release. I have been working to get a good understanding of Android and it is vastly different then Windows Mobile was/is. I have been messing around with a few roms for a little bit now and they work really well for me and I thought would share with you guys. These ROMS aren't a huge departure but have been customized to fit my needs. They are simple and quick. As I learn more I will be more creative.

Ok the Rom is ready.. First of all this ROM is based off the Quantum ROM 1.4. So a HUGE THANKS go out to Dameon87 over at XDA. He put together a very stable ROM. Click on his name to visit his thread over at XDA.

I have been playing around with this ROM for a while now. I have been trying different things and basically customizing the ROM to fit my needs. I got everything working good so I thought I would share what I have done.
As I said I developing on Android is a big change from WM so I am starting out small. This is a very basic "stock" type ROM.

Here is what the ROM includes:

V1.0.0
Based on the Froyo DK17 leak.
Rooted/Deoxed/Zip-Aligned ect
Theme and AOSP Lockscreen Fixed (menu DOES NOT unlock the phone) Thanks bubby323
Replaced the stock Android keyboard with Multi-touch Droid X keyboard. Thanks (locating)
Re-enabled boot sound
Added "My Files" for convience
All other Sprint apps are gone.
TW Launcher (sort by ABC's)
GPS FIXED. Thanks BThomas22x

v1.0.1 Change log (Screen Shots in 2nd post ) coming soon

Brand new ROM base: Thanks ahmgsk
Removed TouchWiz
Added Launcher Pro
Restored Samsung Calculator (I like the swipe away keyboard)
Removed Multi touch keyboard due to bugs with hardware keyboard (Android is only keyboard) -Swype flashable zip attached
Added voicemail app back
Modified build-prop for protected apps in the market
Restored Sammy lockscreen due to bugs with AOSP lockscreen
Modified Host files (Unblocked Wordpress app)
Some other tweaks and performance adjustments.
Modified framework
Changed default wallpaper

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OR IT PROBABLY WON'T WORK

Instructions:

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU SCREWING UP YOUR PHONE........

1) odin to the DK17 stock. This will install the DK modem as well as root and clockwork in about 2 minutes. Read about that here. Thanks art3mis-nyc

2) After you odin to "stock" DK17 you need to power off the phone and boot into clockwork.
3) Everyone has a different opinion about this part but this is what I do and it works well for me.
-wipe data 3x, wipe cache x3 then wipe Dalvik x3
-flash .zip from SD card
-wipe data 3x, wipe cache x3 and finally wipe Dalvik x3
4) Boot in the ROM and enjoy.

For those you may have missed it, screenshots are in the 2nd post

v1.0.1 midNIGHT Froyo (DK17) v 1.0.1
v1.0.0midNIGHT ROM 1.0.0 (Rapidshare)

UPDATE: I attached a flashable zip to restore the stock theme.
UPDATE: I also attached a flashable zip to restore the Sammy lock screen. After a few days the message bug popped back up again. This bug happens sometimes when yo ave an unread text message. WHen you turn on the phone the Sammy lock screen is there instea of the other one. This zip will completely restore the Sammy lock screen therefore removing the bug.

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 12-04-2010 at 09:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: Return of the midNIGHT ROM (Coming Soon)

Alright I got some screens for you guys......

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 12-04-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: Return of the midNIGHT ROM v1.0.1

I have attached a modified theme in this post. Personally I think it look pretty badass... Your welcome to it.
I would like to Thank jprocha101 for helping me out with some image files and a sweet tutorial.
I also want to Thank bubby323 for the original theme I worked with...

This is my first real Android theme edit. Let me know what you think.

Instructions:
Boot into clockwork and flash the zip.
Wipe Dalvik cache
Reboot and wait a few minutes
Attached Files
File Type: zip midNIGHT Black and White.zip (4.49 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 12-04-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

dont mind him. hes our town drunk / town crier built in to one.
not a good combo.
i for one look forward to it. dk17 rocks.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 View Post
Booooooooooooo!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
why even post this?

nice to see our first "in house" cook, thanx op
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 View Post
I take serious offence! On another note, op... Scrap it! Within a week we haz dk26.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
so, only helps the op cook. just let the op worry about cooking/builds, im sure he is in the loop.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
ptfdmedic

Wink Re: Return of the midNIGHT ROM (Coming Soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
why even post this?

nice to see our first "in house" cook, thanx op
Let's say "tinkerer" for now. lol

Just getting my feet wet and figuring some things out. I will say as much as I hated the windows mobile registry I do miss it. But thanks....
Old 12-02-2010, 11:19 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: midNIGHT ROM v1.0.0 (Froyo DK17)

Alright guys let me know what you think. I also have the same ROM but with the Stock Theme and AOSP lockscreen. Let me know if anyone is interested I can upload it or maybe just try to release a flashable zip.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:49 PM
ptfdmedic

Updated OP with flashable zip to return to stock theme. This still retains the AOSP lockscreen.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bondosho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If I don't get an 8 billion in Quadrant, I don't care about it!! LOL.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development