PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
need to odin modem also or no data connection.
Which ones...still...the **** 05?

Edit: I got it now... Dk17 own modem. How is gps?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] DK17 Froyo Beta Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
Which ones...still...the **** 05?

Edit: I got it now... Dk17 own modem. How is gps?

So far I had pretty good GPS locks the past 3 days..would lock in 30 sec or less even indoors

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Dk17 modem crippled my internet completely. Gps got a lock rarely some case if u got a map already in cache from the last position it will pin point your location if you haven't moved since that time. Overall... its only good for gps. What good is a phone with no 3G? I had to restore back to stock 3 times after the 2nd tries... still not working for me. Sorry.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:07 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Dk17 modem crippled my internet completely. Gps got a lock rarely some case if u got a map already in cache from the last position it will pin point your location if you haven't moved since that time. Overall... its only good for gps. What good is a phone with no 3G? I had to restore back to stock 3 times after the 2nd tries... still not working for me. Sorry.

For me both GPS and 3g works fine..if anything only thing that didn't work is 4g....but I haven't had 4g work in a while (must have broke it somewhere lol)..though don't care much about 4g wireless will tether is fixed or sprint stops teasing me..seriously half my house has 4g and other half doesn't so its a little ticking me off lol
Old 11-27-2010, 01:55 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have the SPH-D700-DK17-8Gb-REL.tar file is anyone is looking for it...
Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i just flashed this with odin. pretty convenient.
[Stock Flash][Odin]Dk17 Extended 11/27/2010 - xda-developers

Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i just flashed this with odin. pretty convenient.
what's the difference between this one and the 2.2 dk17 from acs?
[ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK17 - Deodexed/Zipaligned/Rooted - No FC - 11/23 - xda-developers
Old 11-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
For me both GPS and 3g works fine..if anything only thing that didn't work is 4g....but I haven't had 4g work in a while (must have broke it somewhere lol)..though don't care much about 4g wireless will tether is fixed or sprint stops teasing me..seriously half my house has 4g and other half doesn't so its a little ticking me off lol

Was flashing to the dk17 modem... even when I had dk17 kernel already installed.. It was the dk17 modem that ****ed me up. I had to flash back to either Di18 or DK05... Currently running DJ29 4.2 with DK05 modem until this new DK17 project is confirmed working most of the time. I can't find any good roms and file systems past DJ29 4.2 and modems past DK05...with only one drawback... I keep getting fc on the calendar and now using sdx stock app removal to remove and restore... the fc went away after remove. But it came back after restore. Which means I don't have a good stock file for calendar or maybe something else is causing it to fc.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Was flashing to the dk17 modem... even when I had dk17 kernel already installed.. It was the dk17 modem that ****ed me up. I had to flash back to either Di18 or DK05... Currently running DJ29 4.2 with DK05 modem until this new DK17 project is confirmed working most of the time. I can't find any good roms and file systems past DJ29 4.2 and modems past DK05...with only one drawback... I keep getting fc on the calendar and now using sdx stock app removal to remove and restore... the fc went away after remove. But it came back after restore. Which means I don't have a good stock file for calendar or maybe something else is causing it to fc.
You may wanna try flashing that all in 1 thing:

Everything is included there so it may make less room for error.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You may wanna try flashing that all in 1 thing:

Everything is included there so it may make less room for error.

Okay so I'm up and running with this rom. He's right it's pretty convenient but how do I get hotspot working on this one? usb tethering works right out the box but the hotspot.. when i check inside the box my 3G icon is gone and I get a toast notification telling me that my user name and password isn't found/registered or something like that.. it just doesn't work... other than that since this is the first thing I tested I'm still testing other functions in this flash. Thanks guys.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development