PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
[HOW TO] Update your PRL manually (EPIC 4G)

think we need this posted here cause i for one was having reception issues on custom roms only so maybe it will help others. thread is here so most questions will go there but its pretty simple to do.
[HOW TO] Update your PRL manually (EPIC 4G) - xda-developers

im not gonna copy/paste op's info. cause i think its best you read his thread.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G
Carrier: Sprint

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Update your PRL manually (EPIC 4G)

Posted this over at the XDA thread but thought I'd ask here too.

Is a PRL file the same across different phone OS's? I would like to check out various PRL's on my phone, not just the newest. I had really good luck with 60659 on my TP2 (WinMo). Would that "work" on my Epic? Not asking if it would be better, just asking if its the same file format.

If so, is there any site that has different PRLs for different carriers?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Figured I'd post my experience with this.

I went through the process defined by XDA. Worked ok and I updated my PRL to 60659. Worked fine. Couple of side notes. You need to uncheck USB debugging in <Settings><Applications><Development> on the phone. Also, when adding the new port in step 9 you need to make sure you uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only". My computer showed COM3, COM6 and COM7. I added each. Only COM6 showed as having a phone so I deleted the others.

In the end, my reception didn't seem any better with my former favorite PRL, 60659 so I went ahead and used the regular phone process to update the PRL and it did so back to 60674. I am using Midnight ROM v2.3 EXT4.

Now I know how to do it if I decide to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

thanx for the info sir.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
Posted this over at the XDA thread but thought I'd ask here too.

Is a PRL file the same across different phone OS's? I would like to check out various PRL's on my phone, not just the newest. I had really good luck with 60659 on my TP2 (WinMo). Would that "work" on my Epic? Not asking if it would be better, just asking if its the same file format.

If so, is there any site that has different PRLs for different carriers?

Thanks
Same across phones/OS'
Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Metropcs

leviuqse is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
[HOW TO] Update your PRL manually (EPIC 4G) - xda-developers

im not gonna copy/paste op's info. cause i think its best you read his thread.
hi this is the same leviuqse at xda
go ahead and copy and paste the guide here if you think is better..
Old 01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviuqse View Post
hi this is the same leviuqse at xda
go ahead and copy and paste the guide here if you think is better..
well i just figured theres more traffic and answers to questions on xda. thanx for the fix and the post.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I used this guide to update to the 60674.

Now my Epic won't stay connected to my Air-rave. I get the 3G symbol, try to get online or use an internet app, and the 3g bars go away and it says cannot connect.

Now I'm looking for the 60669 prl that I was on to write back to the phone , and I Can't find it. Can anyone Help me out??

Edit: Found them here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...23-2010-a.html

Still having problems with the Airrave.

Last edited by gullzway; 01-19-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
My 3g has been messes up since I updated my prl manually. Ive reverted back to 60669 and it's still hosed. Heres a speedtest in an area I normally get 1.5 Mbps or more, now getting < 100 kbps

I've checked settings in ##3282#, gone back to stock, factory reset and I can't fix it.
Any suggestions?

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20110124_065908.jpg (7.4 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg snap20110124_065938.jpg (7.6 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gullzway; 01-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

By stock you mean DI18 right and not the DK28?

Also...I can't see well on the screenshots but is that a ping of 800ms+?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development