PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 09:57 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - 12/4

This was just released on xda. Looks like there should be some custom ROM's coming very soon.

[ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - 12/4 - xda-developers
Old 12-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
This was just released on xda. Looks like there should be some custom ROM's coming very soon.

[ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - 12/4 - xda-developers
Boy u love custom roms don't u. Smh. Its all about custom custom... did u know u can customize on your own? Try it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm seeing reports that the server is suffering from this rom release so it must be really good. I'm still on DJ 29 with rarely no issues I mean rarely... no issues plus I love the free mobile ap that is made available to us within the rom without having to add it to our plan for it to work normally by default. Anyway.... there is a mirror.
Edit: those of you that have this rom and no hotspot plans... does the sprint mobile hotspot work.. when I say "work" I mean do they let u connect your ps3 or other device on the internet right out the box?

Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - 12/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
Boy u love custom roms don't u. Smh. Its all about custom custom... did u know u can customize on your own? Try it.

Guess if you dont like roms then no need to visit or post negative stuff.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Guess if you dont like roms then no need to visit or post negative stuff.
Most the time in the forums you may have percieved me as negative. I give u that but I'm not trying to be negative here.

Dude for every rom release that comes out... these roms almost always out perform better than someone elses rom... the only exception to that is now windows mobile which I've had in the past before window mobile 7. Now don't troll me for saying this... I may be new to Android but I do give in their functionality test bested to a new level. I got used to it and to my findings things got worst with each cookers roms...

on the bright side when u flash into someone's else rom for a beginner like me gives me a headstart idea of "what I want" or "don't want" on my phone. Thankfully custom roms does it for u but can't expect near perfect functionality as stock froyo roms in beta. U just need to know what to look for and what or how to remove unnecessary items on your own through the new release beta roms. It's like building your own custom rom which most of us the end user don't know how to do.

But going all out crazy the day after a rom has been release makes u custom rom-addict (so not cool) if you're still a highschool kid then I guess it's ok.

All in all, I think custom roms are good for a head start and some coolest things you will find on it makes it look better and perform better than the froyo stock. But not every custom rom does that or in my findings it doesn't last as long as stock.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][ACS] Froyo Build DK28 - Deodex/Rooted - NO DI18 NEEDED - 12/4

What we really are all hoping for are custom kernels..Im sure we all agree on this lol..but for that we need samsung to put out the source code which my guess will be soon..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Edit: those of you that have this dk28 rom and no hotspot plans... does the sprint mobile ap work.. when I say "work" I mean do they let u connect your ps3 or other device on the internet right out the box?

Edit: I guess not... since this is another official froyo beta the makers of custom mobile ap should add it on here... [MOD] MobileAP Vibrant/Captivate/i9000/Epic - xda-developers

Last edited by youngblack; 12-09-2010 at 01:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development